ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5e Patch Released! @ 12-24-16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On the Facility mission , one human co-op player, on actual console, you start out on top of each other and no one can move..the only way I got my character through the duct work opening was to kill the other player. The weird thing is that when you look down with each character you see the other one crouching down. (After I've crouched them down trying to get through the little vent hole)

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Renegadist wrote:
Too bad we can't get the original screen texture on the tazer boy, great little update nonetheless.
I know. Sad

I think i found a minor bug. I have only had this happen when using pistols. I think it happens both in VR and Solo missions. What happens is there are instances where I am shooting and out of no where the gun would turn into the pistol whip function without me changing the function and you can still see the function on Primary instead of changed to Secondary. It's happened a few times to me before.

I also think I know why simulants can't use the Taser Boy weapon. In 5d, Thiefsim doesn't attack or anything but collects weapons and ammo crates. Now, I thought that when the Taser would be available they would pick it up and use it. Wrong. I checked and they don't even bother to pick it up. I even tried pushing Thieftsim towards the Taser pick up box and they just walked right through it! So then something told me to test the same simulant only in PD and see what happens. Turns out that same simulant on the same difficulty settings can disarm you and disorient you. So I think whatever solution to make the simulants use the Taser relies somewhere in correcting that problem.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Strange, I play 95% of the time with pistols only and that never happened to me. I play on console only.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's a strange bug that occurs on a rare occasion for me. Next time I have it happen I will be more aware of it and have much better details.

Update on thiefsim. I just tried an Elite difficulty Theifsim with a custom weapon set of only Tasers and when i went to locate the simulant he was just standing there near one of the Taser pick up boxes. He didn't move a muscle. Once I equipped a Taser on that's when he began to move and chase me which of course he didn't attack me at all he just stood in front of me with a cold stare.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I disabled Sims from being able to "use" the Taser before the release. Now it is so low on their priority list, that unarmed is above it. Even if they did get to pick one up, I doubt they would equip it. Playing with only Taser's in the set will demonstrate that better. They were unable to fire it, for some reason before. They could equip, aim at you from a suitable distance, but do nothing. I figure for now, makes more sense to have them completely avoid the weapon, but still let players get a chance to try it.

As for ThiefSim, his type must be hardcoded to only attack with the secondary unarmed function (disarm). But since that doesn't exist, he can't do anything. May be a tricky situation to sort out.

I've also never had any pistol switch to pistol whip on its own while using it. If you are holding the reload button (B on controller) and then tap fire (Z button), you will temporarily use the secondary function. Maybe this is happening? Like you have paired pistols, are going to reload one of them, but also fire the other, so it whips? Or opening up a door while shooting, that could also possibly do it.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I am going to report several problems that I have found in several levels, normally these are not in sight, but some can be uncomfortable like falling on the ground to the void, I do not know if for clipping problems:

Surface II:
I'm going to describe the route a bit since I have no images to show. You should go along the path drawn all straight and when you first see the Antenna, you can see that the path is divided left and right, if you on the road you turn or look to the left of the level on the path drawn From that point, you can see how the drawing of the level disappears and only the sky of the level is seen.

Jungle
When entering the cave and just after the first Drone-Gun, going up the first ramp if we walk slow or stop we can car through a hole in the ground that is not visible.

Control:
In the levels of difficulty, secret agent, and 00agent, just after getting out of the elevator, the second Drone-Gun is able to detect us almost anywhere, is able to traverse a wall with his shot (Drone-Gun behaviors in GEX are curious in some cases).
The second problem on this level is on the second floor, on the central stairs of the computer room. If you try to go down the stairs of the second floor of the central stairs, never go down and you will find yourself again and again on the second floor, unless you crouch down to go down the stairs.

Dylan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been playing around with this patch for a few weeks now and having a blast. Been playing with a friend of mine against a swarm of sims.

A few things I wanted to cover though.

VR:
The personal drone gun doesn't latch to any of the walls or cars in the Streets VR.

Sims like to get stuck under the stairs past the pillar room on the 1st floor in Archives.

Missions
Bunker II sliding glass door crashes my console upon any interaction with it.

I find it unnecessary to disable certain functions and items in Agent or Secret Agent solely because PD did. I remember Wreck mentioning this awhile back but I didn't respond to it before so here's my two cents. One of the things I enjoyed most about GE when I first played it back in '97 was the ability to complete objectives that weren't objectives on Agent difficulty. I was always intrigued by the interactability within the levels; being able to throw the plastique in the Silo, setting off a 6 minute timer that isn't there on Agent unless you do so. This also triggers the extra end cutscene with all the fuel rooms blowing up. Let's not forget being able to shoot the plastique in the bridge and engine room of Frigate. When I first got the game, I would always shoot the engine until it was literally nothing and you could just walk around freely where it once was and still pass the mission. It was things like that that prepared me for the harder difficulties.

On the grenade launcher animation:
Wouldn't it make sense to give it a slow reload animation (eg: loading one grenade at a time) due to the nature of the weapon? I mean, it's a grenade launcher. I almost always avoid putting this gun in my matches solely because of how deadly any sim is with it. Giving it a slower animation might help tip the odds a bit and give you a chance. Anyone here played Team Fortress 2? Something similar to the Demoman's reload animation in that game might be something to think about. It's not gruelingly slow but it's better than how super fast it is now.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I disabled Sims from being able to "use" the Taser before the release. Now it is so low on their priority list, that unarmed is above it. Even if they did get to pick one up, I doubt they would equip it. Playing with only Taser's in the set will demonstrate that better. They were unable to fire it, for some reason before. They could equip, aim at you from a suitable distance, but do nothing. I figure for now, makes more sense to have them completely avoid the weapon, but still let players get a chance to try it.

Ooooh. Well that explains everything. I thought this whole time that was a bug related issue. I had no idea you disabled them internally from using the Tasers. So you did this because they wouldn't fire the Taser shots before. Okay, makes a lot more sense now.

Wreck wrote:
As for ThiefSim, his type must be hardcoded to only attack with the secondary unarmed function (disarm). But since that doesn't exist, he can't do anything. May be a tricky situation to sort out.

I see now.

Wreck wrote:
I've also never had any pistol switch to pistol whip on its own while using it. If you are holding the reload button (B on controller) and then tap fire (Z button), you will temporarily use the secondary function. Maybe this is happening? Like you have paired pistols, are going to reload one of them, but also fire the other, so it whips? Or opening up a door while shooting, that could also possibly do it.

Hahaha Thanks Wreck you are right. I just did a little testing and the later part you mentioned with the door is what was happening to me. As you mentioned, when you're pressing B and and Z buttons at the same time it temporarily switches to the secondary function. So this caused me to pistol whip while trying to open up doors as I was shooting meanwhile the function still was shown as Primary. Some instances you see it quickly change to blue secondary but sometimes depending on how simutaneously you press the two buttons in-between it remains showing as primary. That's why I thought it was a bug. I had no idea that you could do a quick secondary attack. Kind of like the remote mines quick detonation trick. It only happens on weapons that have a secondary function (most likely an attack like pistol whip).

Speaking of quick detonation trick. Wreck, any news on the new watch model for the remote mine detonator? Would love to see an image of it!

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Forget yesterday to mention some problems.

Depot:
In GE the Drone-gun weapon in the ship to the left of the level, detects you just peering out from behind the stacked metal boxes or even before. In GEX to detect the Drone-Gun you have to get much closer, you have to approach almost to the first table. Fixing this is important to maintaining the same level of difficulty as in GE.
The safe at the end of the level has the door slightly misplaced, apart from its opening sound the door is like the opening of the stone doors of the Egypt or Temple level.
Can change in this level the lamp that is in texture 2d by the new lamps used in the level Archives?

Night vision glasses:
These glasses do not work from this patch, if you put them on you will not see anything, not even in the dark. Can something be done to fix this and go back to the previous version or patch where it worked?

Counter-Operative Mode:
After killing all the enemies armed in a level we know that the next enemy in which the enemy player or the Counter-Operative is regenerated, the next enemy in which it regenerates will be disarmed and not only that, but That player can not pick up or use weapons, so that from this point on, the player who has to fulfill the missions has everything easier because he can not find armed enemies. So my question is: you can do something so that the player who manages the enemies in this mode can pick up weapons like any other player, or at least can collect the weapons of fallen enemies. This can further improve the gameplay of this mod.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Another thing (that was pretty easy to miss) is that the Cougar Magnum's menu description is that of another object in game.

Also, as for the animation of the GL, I think loading it from the front of the tubes rather than the back makes more sense from an optimization stand point, since you don't need to add new polygons at all, just adding the projectile (which could just be a higher poly version of the one that is launched out). I have no idea if this would be better, or not.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Counter-Operative Mode:
After killing all the enemies armed in a level we know that the next enemy in which the enemy player or the Counter-Operative is regenerated, the next enemy in which it regenerates will be disarmed and not only that, but That player can not pick up or use weapons, so that from this point on, the player who has to fulfill the missions has everything easier because he can not find armed enemies. So my question is: you can do something so that the player who manages the enemies in this mode can pick up weapons like any other player, or at least can collect the weapons of fallen enemies. This can further improve the gameplay of this mod.

Oh, yes. This has been pretty bad forever. Sadly I think it's not possible to change this. I would have like to at least respawn with a DD44.[/quote]

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SATURN_81 wrote:

Counter-Operative Mode:

I completely agree with this. This was the only bad thing I saw with counter op, was a pretty fun mode back in the day.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@Pav
Any cool new reloading candy you can show us?

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Animations are on hold until I finish the character import tutorial.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
As for ThiefSim, his type must be hardcoded to only attack with the secondary unarmed function (disarm). But since that doesn't exist, he can't do anything. May be a tricky situation to sort out..

I take it you can't just allow disarm for just the Thiefsim? If not, then would you consider re-enabling the disarm function for everyone? I like the disarm function, and I'd be happy to see it in Goldeneye X, and it does seem like the sort of thing that Bond would do, although off the top of my head, I can't remember him doing it in any of the films!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 15 of 64

Jump to: