ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5e Patch Released! @ 12-24-16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Updates...

Thanks to SubDrag, we have been able to relocate and extend multiple tables in VR mode. This means additional bodies, heads, and weapons can be included.

That's great news!
This will be very helpfull in my Perfect Nintendo Maps project. I dreamed about the idea of adding custom characters and weapons, but replacing some of the original content never seemed like the best idea. There's always someone that won't agree about what has been changed.

The future is bright, not dark. Very Happy

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To be fair...I think it's only extended by like 4 slots.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All great news! Nice to hear that Mayday's skin tone of her arms was updated to match the skin tone of her character. Also nice to hear that Xenia is the only character left out of The Renegadist's final list that needs an arm model.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="Sogun"]
Wreck wrote:
Updates...
replacing some of the original content never seemed like the best idea.
The future is bright, not dark. Very Happy

True. Where I struggle the most is textures. How I would love to have way more space to add textures at the end of a PD/GEX rom, because it's such a pain (and sometimes just impossible) to find the right type of texture that I want to replace for my maps. HUGE time is wasted by that.

Still great news. Subdrag never cease to amaze me with the support given to the editor.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The VR / Combat Sim head table was only extended by four, but you could likely shift it someplace else to make more room. PD had five extra head entries before the table began. We stole one for the currently selected weapon set spot, so it gave us four to use. Why the five heads? My guess is maybe that's where your custom Perfect Head models were stored in a table. Each ID was different, and all were duplicates of the same person. Only a theory.

You would have to hear it from SubDrag, but I think Sogun has been able to add textures onto the end of the image list in PD. If that can be done, you can definitely start adding extra stuff. Still, you have to be aware of the actual body / head setup table, which cannot be extended at this time. There are some unused models, though. A duplicate of the President body, a test body, some duplicate heads, etc. You should be able to use a head or body per slot, and not need to replace a head with a head or other way.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just had a conversation with Sogun, which told me the rom extend itself to 40mo when you add texture at the end.
Seem I manage to corrupt somehow twice, before it needed to expend.
I'll try again on another rom. I know that you have to try different type of texture and that it fail sometimes.
But I had an issue before where there was no way to add more texture quite fast (like only 16 textures manage to fit in).

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've not tried adding any to end before, so I can't help out there. GoldenEye you can do it no problem, but I don't know about Perfect Dark. You would likely need to extend the ROM to the next acceptable size (40mb instead of 32mb?), as space gets tight toward the end. I could be wrong, but I thought Sogun said he needed to add one at a time.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Expansion of the game ?, that if it is possible, I was witness of a person who made a mod of Super Mario 64 in the style of Donkey Kong 64, the rom came to weigh 64 Mb

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm able to add textures to the end of the rom in Image Tools with the 'Add Greyscale Image to end or ROM' and 'Add Color Image to end of ROM' buttons. You have to add one texture at a time so it's very time consuming.
When I added enough textures the rom automatically extended itself to 40 MB.

I remember when I did the Perfect Dark version of Kakariko Village that I had to use the same method because trying to add textures with the 'textures.txt' while converting the level as you would normally do in GE crashed the Editor in PD mode.
But at that time in 2012 the Editor also crashed in Image Tools after adding a random number of textures, so I had to save the rom constantly. Now it's stable and it didn't crash on me, although I saved after adding a couple or rows.

Of course, first thing I did was loading the rom in the 'Game Configurator' (former 39850 Menu) and 'Delete Debug Data (and J text)'.

Here you can see the hundreds of textures I was able to add at the end of the rom. Notice how much you can scroll down from the last original PD texture and that the last texture added is #0F0C.
I added textures from all my maps except Colors. That's 350 textures!

The rom works fine both on emulator and console.

It seems this isn't working for AL64inthedark but I don't know why. I didn't do anything special at all.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think Zoinkity said the max number of images you can go to is FFD. You got surpisingly close heh.

Adding images in PD mode doesn't really work, because there's not enough room in the table, and you run into compression issues. The reason it works in GE is Zoinkity devise a way to use the same table, but shrink the size each entry takes up.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So I have like 240 textures left to fill in. That's a good number. It means you can add almost 600 new textures to the end of rom.
Is it the number of textures the limit or it varies depending of their size?

And I thought the rom could be expanded up to 64 MB if needed, hehe.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heh yeah, the current limit is I think 40 meg...but if someone somehow exceeds that, I can bump it to 64 meg as a final amount. I would be pretty surprised...

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So it seems I just had bad luck then when I got 2 roms where I couldn't add anything.
This is great new then. I'm back at it.

I'm trying hard to come up with a professionnal looking and realistic map suited for GEX Mad

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Could there be an issue if the texture number is too high, when you use those layered style images (like the Surface trees and Depot concrete floors), since the game uses a special combined ID or something like that? So an 0x1000 could potentially screw that up, but maybe that only matters if those are the ID's used?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I never figured out the "Detail Images". As far as I can tell, the image slot matters, but it's not consistent. I wouldn't...use any other slot for those.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 27 of 64

Jump to: