ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5e Patch Released! @ 12-24-16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Last update was quite impressive with all things fixed plus solo missions.
Now I think smaller update would be ok. Figuring out how the IA works is going to be tedious so, I wouldn't mind smaller updates, even if lots of things aren't alright on the level.

Maybe just placing enemies for a start and then figuring out everything later...whatever. I'm so busy trying to create my own map.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So what's the current plan going forward, we haven't had any activity on here in a month which is a bit disconcerting.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck said he had IRL issues but he's still there.
He was here for many years keeping the project alive and improved.
Unless he got an accident, which I hope it won't happen, beeing worried is irational. Wink

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Slowly working on animations (Phantom and AR33 reloads) and working on my own GE mod. Wreck has been working on Perfect Dark Plus and GE:X.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The project is not dead (nor am I Wink), so don't get yourselves too worried. I've been focused on PD+ lately, and haven't had quite as much time to dedicate to this kind of stuff. We still plan on releasing a patch for the 20th Anniversary of GoldenEye, but there might not be a ton of new content. Still, something is better than nothing. We still have over a month to figure out what's gonna be making it in.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Damn 20 years already I don't believe it...and don't want too at the same time.
I hope I can I have my own mod to show too but since it still is going on PD, I may have more time haha

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looking forward to see what y'all have up your sleeve. Looking forward to seeing tbe changes in Goldeneye X..Especially the watch laser, platinum gun in VR, the gernade launcher reload animation, Cradle improvements, and others. Wreck. I'm loving Perfect Dark +!

daniel316
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote Back to top

So I'm enjoying goldeneye x but I would like to know if it would be possible to add the depot and control as multiplayer maps?

Beatlemaniac19
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I totally agree. Depot would be a nice addition. I especially want Control as a multiplayer map. The level design is great and it looks like so much fun on GoldenEye Source. Statue would also be a great addition since it was originally planned to be in multiplayer for GoldenEye before getting scrapped at the last moments.

Also I've heard you mention that you're considering removing the Train multiplayer map. I'd like to plea that you don't. The main reason is that it's the best CTF stage in the game. If you only select two teams it's absolute madness. You capture the flag and then have to run through all of the bots and humans to return it to your base. No sneaking around in this map. Just run and gun action. It's the only linear map which makes it unique.

Since we're on the topic of multiplayer maps, I'm not aware how many slots are available so if you have to remove a map and add another, I'd suggest either removing Facility Back Zone or Achives 1F since they're just another area of an already existing map. If you can continue to add more maps without removing other maps, then keep adding them. The more the merrier.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think Depot was built funny in GE - if you turn the portals off for most of the doors for the numerous sheds, they don't display properly. This meant the game would lag terribly in multiplayer. I'm unsure if the level's bg data has been modified to fix that issue.

I agree, Train is one of my favorite multi stages in the mod. Playing with rocket or grenade launchers against a bunch of Elite Sims is awesome. I'm definitely a fan of the close combat levels.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think Wreck had mentioned that Control would be difficult to do because of performance issues. I would just be happy with (Control multi map) the main control room with the big GoldenEye map on the wall and the three tiers of platforms. (Everything else blocked off). I'm sure there are great limitations though.
I think Wreck and the team are very focused (from what I've gathered) on the Perfect Dark + mod. (Which is amazing I might add).

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

killedbyurmom wrote:
I think Wreck had mentioned that Control would be difficult to do because of performance issues. I would just be happy with (Control multi map) the main control room with the big GoldenEye map on the wall and the three tiers of platforms. (Everything else blocked off). I'm sure there are great limitations though.
I think Wreck and the team are very focused (from what I've gathered) on the Perfect Dark + mod. (Which is amazing I might add).

The problem is that even if you block parts off the rest of the map will be rendered. So even if the players are restricted to the main room they will still have the lag from the rest of the level.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gotcha...makes sense. Thanks for letting me know. I wish they could "delete" the rest of the level lol (which is not that simple I'm sure)

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If doors are closed, and are set to shut off the portals connecting to the areas past them, than performance will improve. Those rooms won't be drawn, which means less polygons on screen. Like in Archives or Facility multi. The locked off doors not only keep players out from those sections of the map, they also prevent them from being rendered.

I can't recall if it is still the same way from my memory alone, but I did at one time delete everything from the back half of Archives for multiplayer. The goal was to get the level to load a bit more quickly, and to try and cut down on how many textures were loaded in (so it might load in Lo-Res mode without your Expansion pak in use).

Glad to hear some enjoyment is being had with PD+. Hopefully next release has fixed voices for Skedar and Dr. Caroll, and an additional Classic map.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree about train, for some reason I have lots of fun on it, despite it beeing as linear as a map could be. Frigate too is a map I don't want to be removed in any case.

But well, anyway, it's so easy to replace a map with the editor that it will never be an issue anyway if Wreck decide to throw one away. We will all be able to create our own playlist in a minute.

About depot, well I'm not seeing how it could be that much fun, but the more we can have, the better. Control I think has been already talked about and seem, fo obvious reason that it lags too much.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 38 of 64

Jump to: