ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5e Patch Released! @ 12-24-16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I guess you'd have to have the game end for only one player and not the other. (Which I don't know if it is possible).

Dark Reyn
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it would come down to whether you can assign a stock limit to characters. I imagine that, if possible, it would involve something along the lines of finding out if there is a way to control whether or not you respawn (we know respawns can be suppressed because we see it at the end of challenges) then trigger at a certain death count as opposed to challenge end. I think it's theoretically possible, the question is more about whether or not we can find the labels and influence them. I'm sure there are clever people here who know how to find the labels involved but altering game behaviour is the tricky bit. This is also probably as understatement.

Another thing I meant to ask (and I'm sure this has been discussed before) is what are the challenges with the tank? Presumably we can insert a large vehicle but I guess by default it would have no weapons and handle like a hover bike. Presumably the way it was coded in Goldeneye isn't much use because it was quite different.

Re Co-op, are we having 008 for every mission? For the prequel missions it would be logical to have Trevelyn (and Facility and I suppose, Dam, although the last bit of facility would be a bit complicated!)

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dark Reyn wrote:
Regarding the eventual plan to replace the voices of guards from American to Russian. Is there a list of lines? Is the intention that they speak English or Russian? For that matter, what about the likes of Frigate, Cuba, Aztec and Egyptian?

I wouldn't worry about voices not matching for certain levels. The various Mr. Blondes of PD sound like typical guards, and everyone refers to the player as a 'her.' I don't think it's a big concern, all things considered.

Oh, and if you want a list of the generic guard lines, the 39850 Game Configuration's Sound Editor tab has the "Action 130 Banks" listed. You can find the three male guard voices and the female guard voice there.

Dark Reyn wrote:
Re Co-op, are we having 008 for every mission? For the prequel missions it would be logical to have Trevelyn (and Facility and I suppose, Dam, although the last bit of facility would be a bit complicated!)

For human co-op, it could be possible by using almost-duplicate Cuff values--no change in Bond head, but change co-op's head to Trev. But for simulant co-op, I don't think so, other than using a GameShark cheat (and we're still missing the gender forcing it does, too).

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are there any progress on weapon animations/models? ie. Grenade Launcher, Watch Detonator, Phantom etc.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pav was showing me some progress on the Phantom a little bit ago.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's good.

If I recall we all agreed to use a similar hand rig for the watch detonator that was used for the watch laser. I think it was holding the watch (currently identical to the remote rig) while the other button on the other side of the watch was pressed.

It's refreshing to hear something on weapon animations is being done.

Thanks.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Why not join Graslu's Discord and ask Pav yourself? I'm sure he'd be happy to spill the beans.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nah it's cool I'll wait till Pav or Wreck give us all an update on weapon animations here when they're ready to.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fort Plastro should apears in GoldenEye X, finish the map

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know what Fort Plastro is but I would certainly love to see the Block Fort, Peaches Castle Kakariko Village and three PD levels.

Last edited by Thundera8589 on Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thundera8589 wrote:
I don't know what Fort Plastro is but I would certainly love to see the Block Fort, Peaches Castle and three PD levels.

this is the Fort Plastro from Army Men Sarge's Heroes for N64

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Surprised

I can be down for that!

Make it happen Wreck!

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It does not look good enough to worth the slot in the official release IMHO.
But to have it as a template or something similar would be nice for all who are interested.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Got a random question, once GE:X is in a finished state will we have all new sections on the Vault for hacks made in GE:X? Would be really sweet to have an entirely new sub-section for people to make enhanced GE hacks for GE:X!

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Curious minds want to know.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 47 of 64

Jump to: