ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5e Patch Released! @ 12-24-16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's my list of ideas for new guns!

Monkey gun
Smoke nade
Stun nade
Stun nade launcher
Mortar Pistol
Elephant Gun
Machine Pistol
Derringer Pistol
Shotgun Pistol
Grenade Pistol
My new idea is Exploding Sniper Rifle bullets

Dark Reyn
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's probably poor form to quote oneself but never mind. I had a few questions to the group which I'm still curious about:
Dark Reyn wrote:
I think it would come down to whether you can assign a stock limit to characters.

Regarding the scenarios I am interested in whether You Only Live Twice or Man with the Golden Gun (or some variant of these) is possible in GEX. I think YOLT would be some sort of stock control and TMWTGG would be some sort of complicated briefcase/pop-a-cap hybrid. I've been doing a bit of amateurish looking at the memory allocation for the scenarios but no great shakes as yet. If anyone else has looked into these, thoughts would be welcome.

Dark Reyn wrote:
Iwhat are the challenges with the tank? Presumably we can insert a large vehicle but I guess by default it would have no weapons and handle like a hover bike. Presumably the way it was coded in Goldeneye isn't much use because it was quite different.

Is anyone working on the tank? Or is this a non-starter?

Dark Reyn wrote:
IRe Co-op, are we having 008 for every mission? For the prequel missions it would be logical to have Trevelyn

In addition to this thought, do we have Connery for Aztec and Moore for Egyptian? If not, I think we should!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just want to put to bed the whole coop partner thing. Both players must share the same body, but can have their own head. To help with file compression, it is beneficial to have the P2 head be the same everytime. Another way to help that is to make duplicates of the body + head combos, since PD has many more slots than GE had. But as far as having Trevelyan on this mission, Natalya that mission, Valentin this mission, etc., it isn't going to happen. Not only is the game not setup to handle it, but it throws some kinks into the story. We need to have a "Velvet" of our own for P2.

Trevor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah great info wreck, this does put to bed the whole "this person for that level, that person for this level" etc
It now does make sense why Velvet looked the same as Jo haha.

Actually, this clarification makes things easier, as you said, having P2 a main Char could add wrinkles to the story but since not possible anyway we wont have that issue.

*quietly alt-tabs to co-op list of chars and deletes list... Rolling Eyes *

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I totally understand the idea behind having special coop characters based on the mission. Like P2 being Trevelyan in Dam is a fun thought, but then how do we explain P2 becoming someone different in Facility? Valentin *could* help in Depot and Train, but who was your partner in Archives and Streets? It just complicates itself and the plotline. So we basically need our own (male) character to play the role of coop extra, who has no real direct link to the story.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm curious to know the answers for the scenario questions as well. Seems interesting.

Dark Reyn
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't want to get too sidetracked about the co-op character, which is a minor issue in my opinion. I take your point about gender and having a body match as I think has been mentioned before. Putting the storyline aside for the moment, are we saying that every different head we use will take up more memory even if those heads are already being used (eg in multiplayer)?

I think it's worth pointing out that in PD, the plot for co-op immediately fails because Velvet does everything as if she is Jo. It seems to me it doesn't really matter who you have as P2, it won't make sense because he will be involved in the story as if he was Bond. Therefore, same as PD, you just have to further suspend your disbelief just because it's fun to play co-op.

Now what I really want to know is, is anyone working on scenarios, the tank and do we have a differs Bond for Aztec/Egyptian?

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know that the theme of the disguise deviates the conversation a little. I have a possible solution to give it utility in GEX when using them in the cooperative mode. also I have always wondered what is going to be done with the costumes for GEX and what more utility they can have. a scientist's costume can be kept inside one of the Facility's lockers (a disguise that I have seen with the codes of Lazlo52). You can also hide a disguise on the Surface levels to disguise yourself as a Siberian Guard with a mask. in the streets to go civilian. these are just some ideas.

How about a solution to the cooperative mode with disguise? so far it is known that PD uses 2 costumes, one of sackcloth and one of laboratory technician, also GEX uses 2 disguises discovered thanks to the codes of Lazlo52, one disguise is from a scientist and the other is from Ourumov or Bond Comandant. so taking this into account I do not know how many costumes can be created, also I think that when we see a disguise in the pause menu we see the model of a whole character with hands, head and clothes, that makes me think that a costume is a body whole, therefore for GEX could be created if there are enough slots disguise for these characters, Trevelyan (so that the second player uses this disguise in the missions Dam and Facility), Natalya, Valentin. for the rest of the missions you can use Bond Tuxedo since this seems to me to be a generic Bond that does not define any movie, I wonder in what movie does Bond tuxedo appear?

the release of the next patch I remember that it was said that it would be done by January of this year or early this year. I would like to know when the next release will be. I think this has been the longest wait for releases of GEX patches

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Why are people still discussing Co-Op and who P2 can be on a per level basis?
The issue was supposed to me muted by the simple fact that P2 MUST use the same body as P1 - therefore there will be no special Chars for P2, only 008

As for PD's disguise, it would be interesting to have an offshoot scenario where it was used however this would not be good for the main mission flow as it would divide the community (having it as a hidden surprise might be ok?).

Trev

Dark Reyn
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor wrote:
Why are people still discussing Co-Op and who P2 can be on a per level basis?
The issue was supposed to me muted by the simple fact that P2 MUST use the same body as P1 - therefore there will be no special Chars for P2, only 008

As I said earlier, I have no great desire to get too sidetracked on this issue. But responding to Trev and Wreck's comments, perhaps I'm missing something but I don't see why the fact that 2 characters share a body necessarily dictates the head, assuming same gender and similar build, it could be more or less any head.
Wreck wrote:
To help with file compression, it is beneficial to have the P2 head be the same everytime.

As far as I can see, this is what it really hinges on. If it means significantly more memory then fair enough but I can't really see how we're talking more than a few bytes.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

P2 can have ANY head you choose for them, but they must use the same body as Bond (P1). But, one issue to remember is file compression. This data is not stored in the 39850 index file, but another smaller file. The more unique head values that are being used, the larger the file will end up. If it is too large, it won't fit back into the ROM. That's why it is very beneficial that the P2 head be somewhat a constant value. It helps the compression. It also makes more sense that a specific character be introduced as your coop partner, who is tasked as 007's backup. How the game treats them in possible character interactions and outro scenes will be as Bond, but that was never a big concern for Velvet in PD, anyway.

I did consider having a scientist disguise hidden in Facility, as well as the Commandant uniform possibly in Surface - for use in Bunker i. These would be bonus extras, which the player must seek out. They would not be made into objectives, or necessary to finish any mission. PD had two missions with disguises, though it may be possible to include more. I forget how it works exactly. The image of the character in the inventory is pulled from the Combat Simulator list, if memory serves me right. The replacement arm model / character is one of the mission player designations. There might be some level ID hardcoding involved.

Scenarios have not been modified, as that is quite a tricky thing to deal with, and beyond my personal abilities.

Tank is another problem. Rare did leave a fair amount of functional data in the ROM for unused actions and object types, but Tank is apparently not one of them. They must have repurposed this for other things. I believe SubDrag searched high and low for Tank stuff, and he came up empty.

I don't have any plans to change which Bond you play as in Aztec and Egypt. Both scenarios are based mostly on Moore films, so sticking Dalton, Lazenby or Connery in doesn't fit. I'd rather leave Brosnan for consistency.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When will we get a progress report on GE-X?

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Patience.
EDIT: But I agree, would be nice to get a drop of info Razz

Dark Reyn
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Wreck. I think that pretty much puts my questions to bed. If heads take up a lot of important space then definitely not worth it.

I'm looking into the scenarios but I'm still pretty new to all this. If I learn anything useful I'll let you know.

Sad news about the tank. Presumably it's not something you could fudge, like a massive distorted hoverbike with the "tank" weapon from All Guns at the same location +/- some sort of restriction that prevents you using it when off the vehicle.

Can't think why I was thinking Connery for Aztec. You're obviously right that they're both Moore-based. I guess I was thinking of them as both quite separate, like Mr Blonde's revenge etc, but that worked better when I was thinking they were both different Bonds.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, disguises? Only two missions can change the player's outfit, but the disguise effect itself works on any stage (a little buggy on Chicago stage ID because of the built-in action blocks). Theoretically, one of the outfits can be changed into a default through ASM knowledge. Supposedly, allegedly.

As for 2-Player mode, the player models are always loaded in 2-player; the outfits never change in co-op and counter-op because the player model needs to be refreshed. Disguises cannot solve the co-op character issues, alas.

A shame about the tank. Really makes me wonder what pdaction 00DB is looking for.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 48 of 64

Jump to: