ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5e Patch Released! @ 12-24-16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can already use the GE/PD Editor to modify GoldenEye X without any issues. That is basically what I have been doing since the start of the project. And since then, the Editor has improved by leaps and bounds on the Perfect Dark side. A lot more is now known, the compression for files is better, and overall processing times are faster.

The only real problem for someone who might want to create a custom mission inside GE-X, is that the mod is still in progress. So any important updates being made will be missing from their mod. I don't mind if somebody wants to do something fun with GoldenEye X, so long as credit for the original mod is properly given.

I have thought about possibly using weapons from other GE custom campaigns, such as GF64 and TND64. They just take a bit of effort to port over and set up.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Speaking of Wreck weapons and equipment. Have you ever considered porting a weapon from Jet Force Gemini to GE-X, such as the Machine Gun? .

I also think that, on the other hand, one of the best gifts that can be given to the mod and to the fans/users is to experiment with their own ammunition that exists in PD, and see if from there you can get some type of ammunition that does not exist within the mod. rom what do I mean by that? experiment for example if it would be possible for example a type of ammunition like the flamethrower from Turok Seeds of Evil. I imagine things like this will happen over time. With the passage of time, physical effects have been achieved that did not exist in Zelda, for example in the latest mods, such as weapons with electricity or other types of weapons and ammunition.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any news on the update patch? Thanks!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My PC has been having issues for months with the hard drive failing. It has not been cooperating the last few times I turned it on. Would get to the desktop or not much further, before it stopped processing anything other than the mouse cursor.

Good news is that I should have all the most important stuff backed up. I will probably potentially lose things, should I not get it to start up and let me grab more, but I can likely live with that.

Better news is that I also have a brand new PC. I have not set it up just yet, but I will be back up and running pretty soon. Plan is still a new release by Christmas.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Instead of trying to boot the PC with the HDD to save files I would just buy a SATA adapter to USB and try to grab everything off of it with that. You may be able to better access the files without completely booting up the computer to do so.

oldyz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Renegadist wrote:
Instead of trying to boot the PC with the HDD to save files I would just buy a SATA adapter to USB and try to grab everything off of it with that. You may be able to better access the files without completely booting up the computer to do so.

indeed, programs like hirens boot cd, a linux distro on USB, and an external disk to copy from the drive to the external.

if its a laptop, get a caddy
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fm.media-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FI%2F61FdsYL-bCL._AC_UF894%2C1000_QL80_.jpg&tbnid=NEk61AL9gouP6M&vet=12ahUKEwjkiIyyzuqCAxU3GtAFHcriBVcQ94IIKAB6BQgBELYB..i&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com.mx%2FREDFLAG-Caddy-Adaptador-Laptop-Segundo%2Fdp%2FB07M98Z9Y5&docid=kmDqhevmT5PdkM&w=894&h=579&q=laptop%20ssd%20caddy&client=firefox-b-e&ved=2ahUKEwjkiIyyzuqCAxU3GtAFHcriBVcQ94IIKAB6BQgBELYB

to mount an sdd or mechanical, boot with an usb stick and copy everythihg you can

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Renegadist wrote:

Yes. Booting from the faulty hard drive will involve a lot of hard drive activity, which might cause the HD to stop working even before you get to Windows and so you won't have a chance to copy off the mod files that you want to save.

Instead, boot from a different drive, and ONLY access the faulty hard drive to copy off the files that you really want to save. That way, you stand more chance of being able to save those files before the hard drive stops working.

BTW, The Renegadist, since your N64 compatibility website no longer exists (a pity, as it was a good resource for us N64 fans), do you have the compatibility results available for us to download, say in a text file, or a searchable PDF file, please?

And would you ever resume the project?

PeeMoldy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
My PC has been having issues for months with the hard drive failing. It has not been cooperating the last few times I turned it on. Would get to the desktop or not much further, before it stopped processing anything other than the mouse cursor.

Good news is that I should have all the most important stuff backed up. I will probably potentially lose things, should I not get it to start up and let me grab more, but I can likely live with that.

Better news is that I also have a brand new PC. I have not set it up just yet, but I will be back up and running pretty soon. Plan is still a new release by Christmas.

Sorry to hear about your comp. I can't wait for the new GEX. Btw is it possible to create a PD PC Port GEX mod? Or even PD with the GEX weapons for both rom mod on Everdrive 64 X7 and the PD PC Port?

PsionicBeast
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:

Others have said this, but it would be wise to copy it from a live usb if your hard drive still works at all. I myself use linux and have done so many times, still do!

If you load with a live installation, you can easily get those files off your hard drive, provided your hard drive still works and you remember your password if you have one.

Btw, because Perfect Dark has been decompiled completely, it might be even easier now to develop Goldeneye X given its based on Perfect Dark.

I am sure you know some of this already, I would love to be able to use this on mupen64plus with all levels working and if possible having psychosis gun whatever its called in the new version, working with it.

No huge hurry, but this has my interest still.

I recommend though installing a live usb of linux on an external solid state drive and loading it to get the files off your old computer if possible, instead of a live usb. Its the better option. Hope you can recover your files though!

Curious though, is the problem the hardware itself or windows? Windows isn't exactly known for being a fast, non-bloated operating system nor is it known for malware protection. Quite the opposite.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to be a pest, Wreck, but is there any ETA for the new release, please?

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder if the Platunum Gun made it into Multiplayer?

HackBond

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GoldenEye-X Patch 6a Trailer will be viewable at 05 January 2024

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjywMQn0t-4

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Please tell me that the later challenge missions are nerfed, you get to that one challenge in Basement with cloaking bots and it's nigh impossible on console. Even with friends we couldn't beat them because they lock on and kill you within a second or two of seeing you and they're fast.

Kerr,

Aside from the outdated Krikzz forum post, I don't have a backup of the website or the information from it. I don't know if I can even bring it back since the domain is now dead, not currently interested in doing so at the moment anyway considering I asked for donors to help keep the website up and no one donated. I've already moved on and the SD I used which had the hundreds of hacks became corrupted so all of them are now gone, not much motivation to jump back into that.

One day I might resume it but it seems pointless to dedicate an entire website to something like that, if I can find another medium that will allow me to free control to work on the list without character or word limitations I might do it in the future but as it stands I have barely any time for a life let alone a hobby that involved.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Renegadist wrote:
Kerr,

Aside from the outdated Krikzz forum post, I don't have a backup of the website or the information from it. I don't know if I can even bring it back since the domain is now dead, not currently interested in doing so at the moment anyway considering I asked for donors to help keep the website up and no one donated. I've already moved on and the SD I used which had the hundreds of hacks became corrupted so all of them are now gone, not much motivation to jump back into that.

One day I might resume it but it seems pointless to dedicate an entire website to something like that, if I can find another medium that will allow me to free control to work on the list without character or word limitations I might do it in the future but as it stands I have barely any time for a life let alone a hobby that involved.

That's fair enough, mate, thanks. I know what you mean about a lack of time - the older I get, the quicker the time seems to fly, and the more that real life problems need attending to.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So what's the long term plan after this new version releases, will GE:X see regular progress again or will there be longer chunks of time in between work/updates?

I ask because I know you were busy with GE hacks for a good bit, Wreck, so I was curious if you would head back to that after this or if GE:X will be the main focus.

Any word at all on Carnivorous coming back to do anims? I know he never did this for money and probably won't take it, but if he wants to do animating again I have no problem throwing some funds his way if it meant him coming back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 63 of 64

Jump to: