ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

How to Replace a Character Model
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You've seen the new 2 characters from Army Men Sarge's Heroes

Bridgette Bleu

Colonel Grimm

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Using scale you can create tiny characters that are below the hip height clamp, but you need to scale your models accordingly. Importing models into PD is practically the same guide, but the rig joint numbers are swapped. If you use a PD character as a reference the tutorial can be followed along. Importing environmental reflection rooms is the same as well. I will update the tutorial with that step soon.

Another trick you can do is add a larger surrounding inverted polymesh to each of your character's part to create a cel shaded effect.

Last edited by pavarini on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is so cool, never thought ide see full character imports, cant wait to see what people are going to do with this Very Happy
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag has fixed a bug caused from threaded mode. Every model import would have the wrong mipmap settings and would display corrupted in-game, it's fixed in the latest beta.

Graslu
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the great tutorial, Pavarini! I was able to import another N64 model really easily by following it.

I'll work on others now to continue practicing with different sizes and art styles, but I'm still surprised of how well it works!

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Graslu00
Discord: https://discord.gg/tksttVC

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No problem, I am happy someone was able to use the tutorial.

If anyone has issues with model importing I can offer some help on Graslu's discord server (links on his YT channel).

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ness! That's pretty fun. Nice work. Smile

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's very cool, graslu!

I wish I had more time so I could focus on this and learn how to do it. You people are getting into unexplored territory and I feel like I'm falling behind.

I always wondered if envmapping could be used in characters and then combine that with the outline shown in pavarini's last pics to simulate a convincing cel-shading.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quite an interesting idea. I haven't yet thought about it but I will try over the week to get a simple shape working with cel shading.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tried out the cel shaded technique with some reflection. I wasn't able to figure out a way to wrap around an already existing model as a secondary room, so I tried it on a green soldier instead. Here is my attempt https://files.catbox.moe/xgv36b.mp4

K1lo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's really cool! I missed your original posts about this so I'm seeing these for the first time just now!

Love how far we have come in our understanding of this game.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pavarini wrote:
I tried out the cel shaded technique with some reflection. I wasn't able to figure out a way to wrap around an already existing model as a secondary room, so I tried it on a green soldier instead. Here is my attempt https://files.catbox.moe/xgv36b.mp4

hey, he looks like a green army soldier!

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hahaha! Johnny Thunder will love what you've done and probably request it for his mods.

What does the reflection texture look like? I still need to fully undestand how they work so I can plan the final outcome in advance.

Can you do the same test with a two colors texture in order to recreate the effect I showed in the Jet Set Radio picture (the figure on the right)?

----------
ESPAÑOL

Jajaja, A Johnny Thunder le va a encantar lo que has hecho y seguramente lo pida para sus mods.

¿Cómo es la textura de reflexión? Todavía tengo que entender del todo como funcionan para poder preveer el resultado final.

¿Puedes hacer la misma prueba con una textura de dos colores para recrear el efecto que se ve en la imagen de Jet Set Radio (la figura de la derecha)?

Last edited by Sogun on Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun wrote:
Hahaha! Johnny Thunder will love what you've done and probably request it for his mods.

What does the reflection texture look like? I still need to fully undestand how they work so I can plan the final outcome in advance.

Can you do the same test with a two colors texture in order to recrete the effect I showed in the Jet Set Radio picture (the figure on the right)?

Español por favor

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

K1lo wrote:
That's really cool! I missed your original posts about this so I'm seeing these for the first time just now!
Thanks!
Sogun wrote:
The reflection can be any texture. For instance here is what the model looks like set to this texture . The normals were baked using XSI and point lighting from above (with a slight bias towards the front of the model).
Sogun wrote:
Can you do the same test with a two colors texture in order to recrete the effect I showed in the Jet Set Radio picture (the figure on the right)?
Sure. Here is a simple blue texture with one side dark . I still haven't figured out a way to add the cel shaded effect without duplicating all triangles so please excuse the lack of polish.

I was not able to create a secondary room on top of the environmental mapped rooms for some reason. If you can figure that issue out then it's possible to recreate the Jet Set Radio model.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: