ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

MIDI Envelope Question
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do I do it to the GEX rom or the PD rom?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GE:X, so you can see if it improves the sound problems you are hearing.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay so the "Quick Convert Rom" input would be browsing for GEX5e rom instead of PD.1.1? Correct?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, in preferences, set your 5e ROM as the Quick Convert ROM. That way it acts as default when opening the Game Configuration menu. Saves time that way.

L. Spiro
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here are a few current results:
http://lspiroengine.com/Misc/GoldenEye%20007%20Egyptian.wav
http://lspiroengine.com/Misc/GoldenEye%20007%20Silo.wav
http://lspiroengine.com/Misc/GoldenEye%20007%20Archives.wav
http://lspiroengine.com/Misc/GoldenEye%20007%20Surface%20II.wav

CD-quality 30-minute-and-10-second recordings as they were meant to be heard without compression.

L. Spiro

Last edited by L. Spiro on Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They sound wonderful, thank you for posting these. It reminds me of Grant's original music demos.

L. Spiro
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

After I am done making perfect CD rips of the songs using their pre-compressed game instruments I plan to do something similar to what Grant has on his site, which is to replace the instruments with professional-quality sounds and fully remaster them.

I have a Yamaha MONTAGE 8 for this (which is also how I recorded these songs). But I had better hurry! I am moving back to America next month and my things will be on boats for 6-8 weeks.

I am trying to get as much done as possible before then.

L. Spiro

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay SubDrag I did it. I will provide a link here for you to listen to "Control" level 3 sound quality.
If you listen closely you can still here the buzz but it's not as loud as before. It's more tamed. From what it sounds like MI6 headquarters music also is not as bad but you can still hear there is a light buzz there. Personally if you ask me, I think the ideal solution for this would be the fix L. Spiro suggested before which was him using his sample and converting it to ADPCM. Not only do I think the sound quality would be more accurate and better. It will not have any pops in it as the GE samples from the game have. However, that's if L. Spiro is willing to do that for us. I feel not only those 2 instruments are the ones with issues but some others are definitely off in terms of accuracy and sound quality.

Anyway, I will post level 4 in a short while. Possibly with Jungle and MI6 HQ music to hear out the improvements.

P.S. Nice quality on the GE tracks there L. Spiro.
Another thing is if L. Spiro does decide to convert his samples to ADPCM I would suggest he use the settings SubDrag used to get the better quality sound levels. It will make the conversion less lossy as possible.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
http://goldeneyevault.com/priv/Sound02HigherQualityLevels.zip

https://gyazo.com/f7f1511bb41fadf37534ddeb122da898

Part of the problem may be that at the end the adpcm had to have more samples. Maybe a musician can make this better.

Thank you for the re-conversion, I imported them and here are my results GE GE:X (5e) GE:X (new sample) It's closer sounding to GE now, I will ask wreck to add the newly converted instruments in the next patch.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here are the other samples as promised. Control on level 4. Jungle level 4. MI6 Headquarters level 4. Notice in Jungle on the 5 second mark you hear a loud pop distorted noise then you hear it again at the 10 second mark. SubDrag can the other instruments samples have their loops edit as well? You mentioned before about editing their loops? And how do one go about editing them?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A new sample will sound completely different. It will most definitely change the feel of the song, plus you are still encoding it into ADPCM...

This adpcm level 4 is as good as you can get.

This is an overlay of the two sounds...you can see they are almost identical, basically every sample is pretty darned close. The only real difference is after the loop point so isn't even used. I'm no musician, but you shouldn't be hearing a pop, maybe the slightest slightest change when go from loop end to begin, but it should be teeny.

I think you are just imagining the buzzing or playing at like 1000% volume.

Anyways, I'm sorry but this is as good as it gets. There is nothing more to be done.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alrighty. What about the other two instruments I described in two posts previously. One instrument is heard on Surface II that I described and the other is heard on Cradle, Silo X, and Frigate X. Do you know which sample number those are? Maybe L. Spiro can help me figure out which number those two instruments are? Anyway I can figure out?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

With any of these changes, I would prefer perhaps we do them directly to the 5e release, and upload a patch for people to try. If it is found to indeed be better after thorough testing, with no other issues, than we make the same adjustments for the next release.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag, I don't recall if I asked you but can the higher quality sound levels you posted be used for the other instruments as well? Will those levels affect the sound quality of the other instruments too or are the only for instruments 02 and 33 specifically?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So I guess I should be using the Level 4 files, and import them over both 02 and 33 instruments?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: