ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Turok: Dinosaur Hunter Source Code Discovered

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Turok: Dinosaur Hunter Source Code Discovered Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe you've already seen this, but someone purchasing old Indy machines came across the Turok source code. Quite interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONEy_ybKWsg

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very interesting.
I bet those from Rare never leaved the company Sad

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hopefully release it. I wouldn't mind Turok 2's, but hey, to get any n64 game sure would be good.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbvL-qb0YS4

He's going to sell the machines on eBay and not leak anything. A bit disappointing.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pavarini wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbvL-qb0YS4

He's going to sell the machines on eBay and not leak anything. A bit disappointing.

Of course...grrrrr. For the love of the game Sad Instead of massive Turok mods collect dust in someones basement...eventually get ruined.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

May be safer. I mean he's under some light now and the people selling the Turok HD on Steam may cause him problem.
Still wish it will be available even if I don't care. Maybe some interesting things will come out of this anyway.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The problem, it will go to a collector who may never release it and when they decides to sell them the data might be too late to save. Honestly I wish he would donate the machines to the internet archive instead.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm so used to similar situations and the files happen to be shared on the internet at the end.
Hope it will be the case.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you give the data away freely on the Internet, the value of the physical copies will drop significantly. While I hate the fact that this sort of thing happens, you gotta look at it from the sellers perspective.

Personally, if I got my hands on a beta copy of GoldenEye, or possibly the entire source files, even if I paid thousands of dollars for them, I would want to share it with the world. I mean, there's only one physical copy, and that would be in my possession. Why deny the rest of humanity a chance to try it for themselves? Greed. Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: