ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Falling off all the things

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conquerallmusic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Falling off all the things Reply with quote Back to top

Hey all,

Question for the group. Is there a way to make enabling falling off ledges a selectable option in multiplayer? Some will argue that the free roam (drop from one level to another) adds a new dimension to the game. I agree 100%. However, I find some of the maps (Stack comes to mind) that part of the challenge is not having free movement between the levels by jumping off the upper catwalks. Being forced to find a ramp I find makes the matches a bit more challenging.

I know this ability to jump off things was a hallmark of PD play control. I am not saying I want this. I am more interested if it is possible to toggle falling on and off or if it has to be one or the other? Still loving the new release.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know but I know that you could add vertical clipping to prevent falling. That would work.
But then it would be static, written as the map files and could not be toggled.

Trevor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Simple answer is No, It cannot be toggled.

Stan files are static 3D models and bits cant be enabled or disabled at will.

Had you been on the original dev team back in 2000 maybe you could have 2 Stan files one of which only loads if flagged, but alas, its not programmed like that.

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not to mention that Simulants rely on the AI path network to let them know if they can walk off a platform or ledge. Even if you could toggle between two clipping files (one with drops, one without), you'd need some other way to change the path network.

I think we kind of decided that drops would be utilized more in multiplayer levels, and not as much in missions. Like the chasm in Jungle, or pits in Aztec. If Jaws were to get knocked down into it, he would not just die (a good thing) - he would lose the smart card down there (a bad thing).

I am not a fan of invisible barriers. But in some circumstances, they do more good than harm. In multiplayer, it's more fun having the freedom to jump down off platforms, or send an opponent over an edge to their death. Only level I can see people not approving of these is Complex. At least when it comes to the death pits. But that also makes it unique from GE and PD versions, and probably most (if not all) the custom built ones for other games.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: