ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE: Source map tours for people without Steam
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graslu
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The keyboard and mouse making it too easy would be fixed by increasing the difficulty I suppose. Having damage animations and all that would also help to bring the GE64 vibes, but as you said it wouldn't still be much like it. I'm pretty sure it'd be great on it's own ways though, just like the multiplayer did some changes to adapt it to modern times. But it'd never be the same experience or a replacement.

Have you played the latest version though? It plays more like GE64 than it did on previous versions, except for maybe the invulnerability time and other obvious stuff like no controller or the aiming.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Graslu00
Discord: https://discord.gg/tksttVC

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I definitely agree that, as a large multiplayer game, that additional areas and routes are necessary. If not, the action would spill into the same halls and central rooms, causing a frenzy. You can see this sometimes even in GE-X when playing with lots of Simulants. However, that seems more acceptable here (an N64 game with no "real" online) than it would be for Source. And Source can allow for a lot more, and N64 would suffer from framerate drops and texture memory issues. Comparing the two is like apples to bananas. Each offers a unique experience, and are both valuable to players looking to enjoy some GoldenEye again. Smile

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

graslu wrote:

I'm in the developer team as a Beta Tester for GoldenEye: Source and this has been discussed tons of times.

Thank you and your team for delivering this, at any rate. It's an amazing mod.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: