ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Best way to play Goldeneye X (using emulators)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beyond Synth
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I solved my issue in a very convoluted way.

I play Goldeneye X using the modified 1964 emulator with the over clocking.

I also play with PS4 controllers using another application called DS4 Windows which tricks the computer into thinking the PS4 controllers are XBOX controllers. Through DS4 for Windows I was able to change the button configuration and switch the Analog Stick with the D-Pad. Now I have my diagonal Movement WITH the left analog stick, using wireless PS4 controllers.

The End.

Dark Reyn
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know this is a slightly old thread now but I thought I'd post the workaround that I used for dual analogue sticks. It essentially involves increasing the sensitivity of one of the analogue sticks (the one for movement). I only really play using emulators and now find that using the original controls is quite difficult as they don't translate well to non-N64. I think this is because it was one of the first decent first person shooters with 2 axes and so they were in uncharted territory in terms of control method - David Doak describes in this video: https://youtu.be/t6wLh1hGZkU?t=40m15s

I use an Xbox 360 controller and a driver that has separate shoulder buttons (ie doesn't use Z rotation, mine is xusb22.sys). If you go into game controller settings, properties, settings, calibrate and then deliberately use tiny movements on the analogue stick to calibrate it. Then when you assign that stick to be the C or D pad, using control style 1.2, you should now be able to move diagonally.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: