ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Conker BFD Translation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WinROR
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject: Conker BFD Translation Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone, at first, thank you for your works.

I'm maybe not in the good part of this forum so I appologies a lot in that case. I'm seeking for information, so i'm tryin to find help where I think people could know a lot more than me, so don't be surprise if you found this topic in RWP too : )

I recently plan to translate Conker BFD in my own language (F).

I work on the (U) rom of the game. Uncompress it with GEdecompressor (thanks to SubDrag and everyone involved in this project).
I found every texts I need to translate, texts marker to jump lines etc, make changes, inject in the rom and test, the part of the game is translated, what a good start, but :

Of course I do not touch the number of octet, replacing one letter by another one to translate, but sometimes when I make changes, the GEdecompress told me that the file I inject is larger than it should be. If i style inject it, sometimes the emulatore crash, sometimes it's goin on but I notcice strange things.

Exemple 1 : too much changes, and to much text will directly freeze the game. Nothing wrong with it, predictable.

Exemple 2 : Changes are done, GEdecompress tell that the file is larger, the game run on emulator, showing my translation, but it will squeeze an entire part of cinematics (here at the beginning, when conker phone to berri, everything is fine, then the bar cinematic, with soldier -> ok,then -SHOULD BE- when Conker is drunk at the bar, sayin he is leaving BUT instead of that it derectly trigger the next cinematic, drunk outside in front of the Signal) In the bar cinematic and out of the bar front of the signal are in two different and consecutives *.bin. Strangely, instead of crashing, it just skip the first one. Dunno what to think about it.

Exemple 3 : Changing even one letter on the title screen (mature audiance only, rumble pack, rare logo is a trademark... etc) is working but when I want to enter a game, the emulator stay in black, not launching cinematics, not starting a game (or new game), like it does not know where to go now, or which .bin to refer.

Here I'm. Hoping someone, maybe, has an idea to help me in my case : ).

Thank you !

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The best person to ask might be ConkerGuru, who seems to have a good understanding of how CBFD works internally. I know him from the Everdrive 64 (the excellent N64 flash cartridge) forum:

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=6118.0

Good luck!

WinROR
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks a lot ! : )
On my search i saw a bit about him on Banjo's back pack forum and tried to catch him there, but I think he is not on this forum anymore. I'll try there !!

So far, He seems to know more conker than RARE themselves, so if there is hope I have to ask him !
Thanks again : )!

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On the topic of "player knows the game better than Rare", there's a very intersting "Awesome Games done quick" done on january which feature a developer on skype while the speedrunner use nice trick about the way the game works...and the developer didn't know about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F47zZaZ92Cs

Very funny on top of that.

WinROR
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice, really nice. I like this kind of stuff. Allways interesting to have Rare point of view. Thanks : ) !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: