ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Fort Plastro from Sarge's Heroes to GE or PD (Released)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DXF files don't have support for textures, that's why everything is grey. Also, it seems that while exporting some axes got swapped. It happens to me too. You can fix it in Autocad by rotating the full scene with the coord origin as base (I recommend doing this).

Let's see if there's a way I can help you...
If you send me the DFX file I can send it fixed back to you so it matches your Deled file coord system. Then you can do the clipping in Autocad (and also portals if you prefer that route).

If you want to split the level in separated rooms... I would say you try first with the level in just one room first and see how it behaves. I think it will work very well on emu even if the polycount is too high, although it would play horribly on real hardware, hah. But I think it's the easiest and fastest way to see your level working and get motivated in order to improve it.

In order to separate the level into rooms you should do it in Deled or GE Editor itself. It's easy but very time consuming if the level is big. You might not have enough patience for that.

------------------

Los archivos DXF no soportan texturas y por eso el nivel se ve gris. Además, parece que durante el proceso de exportación los ejes han cambiado. Me pasa a mí también. Puedes arreglarlo en Autocad girando el escenario entero usando el origen de coordenadas como centro. Te recomiendo que hagas esto.

Veamos como puedo ayudarte....
Si me envías el archivo DFX puedo arreglarlo y enviártelo de vuelta para que sus coordenadas coincidan con tu archivo de Deled que tiene texturas. Con el nuevo archivo FBX podrás hacer el clipping (y los portales si decides hacerlos más adelante),

Yo te recomendaría no separar en varias rooms de momento y que probases el nivel como una solo room primero para veas el nivel funcionando. Creo que tendrá buen rendimiento en emuladores aunque la carga poligonal sea muy elevada, pero sí que es cierto que en la consola real va a funcionar muy mal, ja. De todas formas creo que es la forma más rápida y sencilla de que veas tu nivel funcionando y que cojas motivación para mejorarlo.

Si quieres separar el nivel en room deberías de hacerlo en Deled o en el Editor. Es fácil hacerlo pero lleva bastante tiempo si el nivel es muy grande. Puede que no tengas suficiente paciencia.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gracias por toda la informacion, pero si es verdad, no casi no soy paciente, a vecesme desespero mucho que para calmarme me pongo a usar mis LEGO's

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Garabuyo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Johnny Thunder wrote:
This is the worst that could happen to date, the level conveyed to FBX and then to DFX for Autocad, I did the Room01, it's all level, and what happened? The level was completely horrendous and it sucks, looks ugly, what happens now? Perhaps fate tells me that this is not my talent or WHAT?

I feel very sad, I feel that I am destined to fail with the 3D modeling

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I want to help you but I need the level in obj. or .FBX and the units. Thank you.

http://bf4stats.com:8601/ps4/Garabuyo

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you friend but the file is in .WRL format, is that you take it out of the original game in emulator

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi again, how can i add new textures without editing any other texture?

... Spanish please...

Gracias Sogun por ayudarme

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Tan Army is Back!...

Thank you Sogun for the help

Gracias Sogun por la ayuda

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent! Glad to see this is progressing so well. Smile

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Wreck, and to inform, the '' Clipping '' of the level is already done, I did it in Autocad 2007, but the problem is to exploit it to .3ds format, Autocad 2007 does not have that option, I think I'll look for another method To export to .3ds format

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Para poder exportar a *.3ds en Autocad 2007 necesitas descargarte un plugin y usar el comando 3DSOUT.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/es/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/ESP/Exporting-3D-Studio-Mesh-files-3DS-from-AutoCAD.html

----------

To be able to export to *.3ds format from Autocad 2007 you need to download a plugin and use the 3DSOUT command.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Exporting-3D-Studio-Mesh-files-3DS-from-AutoCAD.html

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gracias Sogun, pero ya lo descargue y lo instale tal como las instrucciones lo dicen, pero no pasa nada, no aparace la opcion de exportarlo a .3ds, por otro lado, aqui tengo fotos con clipping de test

Very Happy

Shocked

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Garabuyo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Johnny Thunder wrote:
Gracias Sogun, pero ya lo descargue y lo instale tal como las instrucciones lo dicen, pero no pasa nada, no aparace la opcion de exportarlo a .3ds, por otro lado, aqui tengo fotos con clipping de test

Very Happy

Shocked

Hola buenas tardes. ¿Cuáles son los problemas que tienes actualmente?

¿Te funciona correctamente el clipping sin atravesar las paredes? ¿Puedes subir a las torres?

Hi, Good afternoon. What are the problems that you have currenctly?

Does It runs properly without pierce walls?

can you climb up to the towers?

Last edited by Garabuyo on Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Garabuyo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Buenas de nuevo.

He visto que en tu nivel tienes texturas con transparencias. Necesitas definir el canal alpha en Photoshop o configurarlo en la Herramienta de Imagen (GE) o ambas cosas.

Hi again.

I´ve seen that your level has textures with transparencies. You need to define alpha channel in Photoshop or set it in Image Tools (GE) or both things.

GE = Goldeneye Editor.

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So how did you do the clipping via Autocad?

btw: If you have some exporting and converting Problems, I could maybe help you. I´ve got Cinema 4D (yes I bought it real Razz) and it´s one of the most professional 3D Programms out there. ( I also have Allplan, but that´s to difficult to handle)

EDIT: Ohh i totally forgot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDV9n605Xh4

Hope it will help
Alec: Fate

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello everyone, sorry but I had cut the internet, but now I'm back

Garabuyo wrote:
Johnny Thunder wrote:

Very Happy

Shocked

Hola buenas tardes. ¿Cuáles son los problemas que tienes actualmente?

¿Te funciona correctamente el clipping sin atravesar las paredes? ¿Puedes subir a las torres?

Hi, Good afternoon. What are the problems that you have currenctly?

Does It runs properly without pierce walls?

can you climb up to the towers?

As I said, the clipping of the photos is a test, not the official one

Garabuyo wrote:
Buenas de nuevo.

He visto que en tu nivel tienes texturas con transparencias. Necesitas definir el canal alpha en Photoshop o configurarlo en la Herramienta de Imagen (GE) o ambas cosas.

Hi again.

I´ve seen that your level has textures with transparencies. You need to define alpha channel in Photoshop or set it in Image Tools (GE) or both things.

GE = Goldeneye Editor.

One thing, I DO NOT USE photoshop and besides, I do not know what to do with photoshop with 3D model

DF Ank1 wrote:
So how did you do the clipping via Autocad?

btw: If you have some exporting and converting Problems, I could maybe help you. I´ve got Cinema 4D (yes I bought it real Razz) and it´s one of the most professional 3D Programms out there. ( I also have Allplan, but that´s to difficult to handle)

EDIT: Ohh i totally forgot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDV9n605Xh4

Hope it will help

I was sincere, the clipping I did in Autocad 2007, and when I finished it, I realized that the Autocad 2004 had expired the trial version and ... THAT AFFAIRED ME MUCH! Every time I'm late in this project!

I do not think I can install it again Autocad 2004

2005 and 2006 do not work on my computer

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good news to all of you, the Fort Plastro has been finished!

http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=403

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: