ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

The N64 emulates the PSX and runs DOSBox (ahem!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject: The N64 emulates the PSX and runs DOSBox (ahem!) Reply with quote Back to top

On the Everdrive 64 forum (http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=6169.0) someone posted:

"Hey guys, i found 2 videos:

Need for Speed running on N64 with everdrive 64 cartridge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9rTHcmXCgM

and a Lotus - The Ultimate Challenger from MS-DOS Game running on N64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN-EG_Oeok4

I don't know if is the real or fake, because it makes me suspicious and there are no tutorial to do.

I didn't understand this video because is the Brazilian Portuguese language.

What do you think?

(sorry for bad english)
"

There's no way this is real (DOSBox is slow even on the original XBox, which has a genuine x86 Pentium 3 733Mhz), but for fake videos they don't look very ambitious.

Off topic, but how do you post Youtube links on this forum so that the post shows the Youtube video as a still image (instead of just the text link, as in this post)?

eb1560
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ill throw in my Brazilian Portuguese Cool :

"If you have an Everdrive of any version, or intend to acquire one. Know this about the Everdrive cartridge. For advanced features such as MS-DOS games, audio files, and video files like the one you saw of the Playstation logo playing off the N64 - you need to change the software (the operating system of the Everdrive) and maintain the version 3.0 bootloader. The original operating system does not permit these more advanced functions."

He describes his console as having RGB, HDMI, and VGA output capability. He was frequently asked in another video if other MS-DOS games can be ported to the N64, and he said he would be working on Street Fighter MS-DOS for the N64.

He thanks two other channels (Tio PaƧoca and Pq Retro) for helping port the game onto the Everdrive and preserving game functionality. He states that game has no lag and is smooth.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is there any update ?
Must be fake but I wouldn't mind playing lotus on N64...

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Resident Evil 2 on N64 had the FMV cutscenes, but they were compressed and looked quite pixelated. Could the N64 even play those properly at their original PlayStation size and quality?

That's one slick looking N64, though!

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The N64 is actually a very good machine for FMV display. Sadly, cartridge size didn't make it possible.

Cowboy Bebop opening -> 1:33 min in a 10 MB rom (more than Super Mario 64 and almost like GoldenEye!)

Dirt2 teaser -> 0:51 min in a 5 MB rom.

Same with audio. Sad

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Even if the compression is obvious on RE2, it still amaze me they manage to fit all of them in a 64mb cartridge. It's just insane.
They made a post mortem of the developpement of the N64 conversion that I just discovered recently and worth reading.
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/131556/postmortem_angel_studios_.php

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I already proved the Need for Speed on N64 to be fake over on the ED64 forums.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So there's still hope for Lotus !!! Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: