ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Can a real N64 play the No Mercy mod WWF Legends?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Can a real N64 play the No Mercy mod WWF Legends? Reply with quote Back to top

Someone on another forum (http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=6186) asked if the WWF No Mercy fan made mod could run on a real N64 + Everdrive 64. It uses a modified emulator (I think), so I doubt it, but if it can be altered to run on the N64 then no doubt some wrestling fans (i.e. not me) would be pleased.

The downloads require you to register in a forum (http://thewrestlinglegendsforum.com/forum/thread-1474-page-89.html), so I've provided the download links here, for anyone who wants to look at it (or play it on a PC).

http://www.mediafire.com/file/k19qhbd49mk6du1/WWF+Legends+2.1+-+Base+Game.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/file/srb097w7mrk7iin/WWF+Legends+2.1+-+Textures.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/file/b0wz17576brjyx7/WWF+Legends+2.1+-+Music+%26+Commentaries.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/file/iy55d4wixcdacu3/WWF+Legends+2.1+-+Help+Files.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/file/o97bjj6f7bxp3qq/WWF+Legends+2.1+-+Updated+Cheat+File+++Save.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/file/e966h4622xpk860/Brutus+Beefcake+Attire+2+Entrance+Attire.zip

Thanks for reading, and for any answers.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Shiiit they need to crunch that all into one archive .. thanks for the promotion ! Embarassed

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Aheum...Can someone summarize what is this lol
What does it add ?

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AL64inthedark wrote:
Aheum...Can someone summarize what is this lol
What does it add ?

I can't say for sure, as the authors don't seem to have listed the changes/additions (I'll never understand why people go to the time and trouble of creating a mod/hack/program/etc and then don't spend the time to include a decent instruction file). Maybe in this case they assume that anyone who wants to play this mod would recognise the changes when they play the mod, but that's no help to those of us (like me) who's never played the original and who just wants to know the differences.

I *think* (I'm sure I read somewhere) that this mod is supposed to set the game in a different era (of when the rules or management or something was different), so I think it adds wrestlers from a different time, new music, updated graphics, and maybe new moves?

I've asked the bloke who brought the matter up originally (http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=6186), so hopefully he'll be able to provide an answer.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks very much. I was afraid it was an annoying dumb question ^^

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WWF Legends does make it sound like classic wrestlers would be the primary focus. I would venture to guess guys like Hulk Hogan, Macho Man Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior, Andre the Giant, Iron Sheik, Sargeant Slaughter, etc., would be featured. But it could go further back than that, which starts going beyond my knowledge.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You're apparently right - according to G-Rabbit (http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=6186.0)

"It's a different (earlier) era of wrestling. Menus have been changed to have a retro feel. The roster of fighters includes several older wrestling names."

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I guess we'd need to see some video of the mod to get a better idea. Just saying a different era doesn't help a lot. I can think of about four "eras" right now. If it goes further back than the Hogan / Andre era, than you would need to be a major pro wrestling buff to know the performers.

Hehe, yes, I am a wrestling fan. I watch RAW, SmackDown Live, 205 Live, sometimes NXT, and also Lucha Underground. It's definitely enjoyable. I greatly respect the cardio, strength, agility, and cooperation that it requires.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I used to watch Monday Night Raw all the time, was really into it.
I stopped watching after the matches became too predictable. An example being John Cena constantly winning the title.
I tend to watch it once in a blue moon to see what's new though.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, Cena does win the title a lot (now tied with Ric Flair at 16x), but he was on a major losing streak last year or so. WWE is pretty predictable, especially after you've been watching it for so many years, but once in a while you get hit with a good changeup. Three hours for RAW is pushing it, and they don't do much to utilize different talent during that time frame. They should dedicate close to an hour for the cruiserweights, rather than people talking (un-interrupted by commercials) for fifteen to twenty minutes, yet they'll have two or more commercial breaks during the main event title match. Many annoyances, but you gotta take the bad with the good, I suppose.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Last time I watched it was a month or two ago, there was this new guy Jinder mahal or something, he won a battle against Jack Swagger and I was fairly impressed. Only to be disappointed after finding out that he was only hired to push other fighters.
They should really focus on other wrestlers, come with some new fresh changes here and there.

EDIT: I used to be a really big fan of CM Punk back in the day, kinda bummed he lost his first match at UFC, didn't watch the actual fight either but I hope he does well there.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jinder was around for a while before. He came in as the Great Khali's new manager / translator, went solo for a bit, got lumped into 3MB (Three Man Band) with Heath Slater and Drew Macintyre, then disappeared. He's been back more recently, and has been teaming with Rusev.

Jack Swagger, on the other hand, I think it is safe to say he's on his way out. Once a world champ, and now totally forgettable. They tried to do something with him after the RAW and SmackDown brand split, but it fell completely flat. All he has going for him is the "We, The People" American pride thing. Guess that has helped to keep him going.

CM Punk was my top guy back when he was in WWE, as well. Shame about UFC, but I hope he stays away from it and finds another job in sports.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I feel like recently it has been pretty unpredictable. Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho are the two best people on the roster right now. Ever since the brand split I feel like it has been better. Although I think I do prefer SmackDown to Raw overall.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I keep hearing about this brand split, what exactly went down?
Talking about WWE is sparking up my interests in it again. Laughing

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You may remember years ago when they had the draft, and each brand (RAW and SmackDown) got their own unique rosters. They did this again, thank God, and it makes for much better shows. Instead of the same matches and storylines on both, each Monday and Tuesday offer up something different. Well, not to say the next week episode won't rehash what happened previously, but it is an improvement.

I am really disappointed with the apparent split of Owens and Jericho. The chemistry was evident from the first time they paired them. Hopefully this was a trick to distract Goldberg.

Ack... Goldberg. He lost the Rumble like 29 other competitors, so why is he number one contender? Total crap. I hope Lesnar is getting paid a king's ransom for putting up with what they've been doing to him.

At first split, I was team blue. But it is really back and forth now. I feel they haven't maintained the quality and feel from the first few months.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: