ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Bizarre GoldenEye Article...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:31 am    Post subject: Bizarre GoldenEye Article... Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure I agree with this parenting strategy...

I was around 12 when I started GoldenEye, and never had a Rumble Pak.
Hell, he's even unlocked at least the Magnum cheat by beating Cradle! Razz

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know some people he could probably beat Smile
Plus, good choice with the yellow controller. I wonder if its the DK controller?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Something...fishy about this story. I mean, I guess he can play, but can't possibly be that good heh. And certainly not parenting of the year award.

Is there a higher res scan?

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WTF.
I don't think it's possible to handle that controller at age right ?

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the father play the game, the son play the game.

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I also felt it seemed a bit fishy. I randomly came across the image on Google. It was on some site with a "facts you didn't know about GoldenEye" article. Not sure a higher resolution scan exists. He obviously isn't using the controller correctly, at least not in the photographs. I mean, my 2 1/2 year old niece can use an iPad pretty well (Netflix Kids and some Sesame Street game apps), as well as play a Nintendogs game on my sister-in-laws 3DS, but the N64 controller is pretty advanced, and those small hands would not help any.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I do not know, but I believe that if this image is true, it is because of the education of the son

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's an article from a British 'newspaper', The Daily Mail. I know because when it was published, N64 magazine printed it and pointed out how ridiculous it was, and how obvious it was that it was an attempt at saying that video games are bad and nowadays kids, even babies, have far too much exposure to them.

For those who don't know, in Britain we have the 'gutter press'. A half dozen or so newspapers (ahem!) who are politically biased, consider articles about soap stars, footballers haircuts, celebrity gossip, and other non-news to be print-worthy, and who basically aim at the lowest intelligence groups in British society. And they must sell fairly well, or they wouldn't have been in print for the decades that they have been.

Give them a choice between making the front page about an ex model who's had a threesome with a pop star, or about a war abroad in which 3,000 civilians were killed by Allied friendly fire in one week, or about a change in the law that was sneaked in that will cause the average household's tax bill to increas by 6.8% per, or about a popular chocolate bar that's been found to be contaminated with asbestos, and you can bet that the front page headline is:

Buxom beauty in bi-sexual bunk-up with bad-boy of pop and his pregnant missus

It's no wonder this world is in such a state.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LOL Very Happy

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:
It's an article from a British 'newspaper', The Daily Mail. I know because when it was published, N64 magazine printed it and pointed out how ridiculous it was, and how obvious it was that it was an attempt at saying that video games are bad and nowadays kids, even babies, have far too much exposure to them.

For those who don't know, in Britain we have the 'gutter press'. A half dozen or so newspapers (ahem!) who are politically biased, consider articles about soap stars, footballers haircuts, celebrity gossip, and other non-news to be print-worthy, and who basically aim at the lowest intelligence groups in British society. And they must sell fairly well, or they wouldn't have been in print for the decades that they have been.

Give them a choice between making the front page about an ex model who's had a threesome with a pop star, or about a war abroad in which 3,000 civilians were killed by Allied friendly fire in one week, or about a change in the law that was sneaked in that will cause the average household's tax bill to increas by 6.8% per, or about a popular chocolate bar that's been found to be contaminated with asbestos, and you can bet that the front page headline is:

Buxom beauty in bi-sexual bunk-up with bad-boy of pop and his pregnant missus

It's no wonder this world is in such a state.

That is so true.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like a Sunday Sport article to me! They are known in the UK for made up "stories" with strange people in bizarre predicaments.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is indeed possible to play at his age. I used to play Super Mario 64 at the age of 1 year and 6 months.

It all depends how advance his brain is at his age though.

Either way about the article. Even though I agree about the fact that if a kid is playing a video for more then 2 straight hours. That is pretty unheathy and needs to be more active to have a better good life. BUT at the same time I'm extremely impress that a kid his age got the magnum. Even I could not do that at the time haha. Laughing

Yeah I'd like to see a higher resolution of that paper. I wanna read the whole article.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not worried about brain capability but the dexterity you can have with your little unexperienced hands.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I forgot to post and say that I'd managed to find the article (after looking through a stack of N64 magaines, which first involved finding them and digging them out, I'm not organised!), it's in issue 26 of N64 magazine, and I'll scan it in and upload it tomorrow.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've scanned the page but my scanner isn't good enough to show the detail in the newspaper article itself (not that that's likely to be much of a loss Rolling Eyes). Then again, it might not be my scanner that's the limitation here, since even with a magnifying glass I couldn't read it in the magazine, so maybe that text is actually not readable at all (maybe N64 Magazine printed it so small that the the letters are blurred rather than clear), or my eye-sight is just getting worse (I'm getting old Crying or Very sad ).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: