ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

V3 editor issues
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: V3 editor issues Reply with quote Back to top

Now I had these issues for a while but just never addressed them. I have some 27 objects that just won't show up in visual editor. If I hit goto it goes to were it would be but there is nothing there. An example of this is the wall monitor screen. Also the heavy gun emplacement. That never shows up in game. Does it only show up if it's inside something?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My guess is your bitflags or object type are wrong. Try comparison, or possibly copying from an existing level to compare and figure out.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, it's true, I also have that problem when I was doing level 4 called '' Icy '' in my new mod, called: '' Ginez Silvo: The Adventure Continues ''

Dear Rey:

I'm sorry for what I did with your custom levels, the good thing is that I already remove those levels of yours and others in my mod, now has the original levels, but with modifications of mine

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Rey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
My guess is your bitflags or object type are wrong. Try comparison, or possibly copying from an existing level to compare and figure out.
Yeah I've already done. I took the wall monitor from bunker 1 and pasted it in and nothing shows up.
Also Thunder I don't mind if it would have just taken my blocks but it's fine.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rey can you email me your setup and point me to a couple objects not showing up.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It might be the XYZ to Preset Bounds flags, or the min/max you have for it. I think the Z can screw it up, and should not be toggled on. The model is flat, with no depth, so trying to control that aspect (the Z) could screw it up. That's my best guess without seeing it. Level scale could possibly be affecting things copied from other levels, maybe? Might be too small in the new map? I know Runway is small in scale. Just make sure the flags are correctly set, and try manipulating the XYZ min/max in Edit Presets/Pads menu if you can't see it.

Rey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I can finally see it in the editor. However in game it can't be seen. There is collision if I go to where it was placed. I can destroy it to. Just can't see the actual screen. Anything there?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure how you have your flat wall screen setup, but this is the flag that ended up getting them to show up in-game for me...

40000000 00000000

I had 10000000 00000000 before, but it seemed to be invisible. Also make sure it is rotated to face the right direction. It can be hard to tell which way is right. Hopefully that works, if you have not already tried it.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rey sent me a test map. The issue is you need to turn off z to preset bounds. Otherwise it won't show.

Rey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Rey sent me a test map. The issue is you need to turn off z to preset bounds. Otherwise it won't show.
No no, I've already turned off the Z preset flag. I can actually see it in the editor now. In game tests it doesn't appear. It is facing the correct way. I always put a television monitor to know which way I'll need to go. I'm going to try moving the monitor to another spot on the map.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I recommend copying a tv monitor from Bunker 1, and comparing to yours (flags, etc).

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had issues with the single screen flat monitor (the same as the ones in Aztec). I could see it fine in Visual, but it was invisible in the game. My screens are using basic pads, so no fancy custom sizing. I only have two flags set on them: In Air, and Area Behind Door Visible. When I had Area Behind Door Invisible, the screen wouldn't show. I can try using a more custom advanced pad (27XX style) and see if I run into any more issues.

I did find that when I angled the flat screen (to rest on a diagonal wall) that where it shows in the Visual Editor was not the same as in the game. I had to shift it and test a few times for it to be where I wanted it to. I think angling things up/down does that. Probably a very slightly different way the game and Editor handles it, but those uses are few and far between, and easy enough to correct after some testing.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just tried a flat screen with custom sizing. Here is what I used...

Image: 04D Wall Monitor Screen
Size: 0100
Flags: 40000068 00000000
(In Air, X and Y to Preset Bounds, and Area Behind Door Visible)

For the pad (or preset, as we called them in GoldenEye), you may want to set these values for the Z Min and Max...

ZMin: B58637BD
ZMax: 358637BD

That will keep it completely flat, and should not impact the game.

Try that out and let me know if it helps.

Ami
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A reason why this is crucial is because we want to use them as Laser Grids. I haven't gotten it during the game either. I'll have to check in with, Rey and See if he found a solution.

Rey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Still no luck. I'm trying desperately to not have to scrap the idea. I'm still thinking it's the location. Going to have to keep playing around.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: