ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Complex Mission - Released!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Complex Mission - Released! Reply with quote Back to top

This is my first full custom mission, and it uses the multiplayer map Complex as a direct sequel to Aztec. Bond must once again reprogram a stolen NASA shuttle, but also locate a sample of the deadly nerve agent that is to be unleashed upon the people of this planet. I was aiming to maintain a similar difficulty level to the Aztec, while not creating something that felt unfair, as far as guard behaviour and statistics were concerned. Some action blocks were reused from Rare, some modified, and many others built from scratch. The shuttle has been lightly modified, including a more yellow tone, and the number six painted on. The ventilation shaft door from Bunker was also edited, to utilize the Drax logo, rather than an arrow. You might also notice the nerve agent sample has a watch inventory model, which did not exist prior. Even the Complex map itself has seen some adjustments made to it. Certain connections between areas are no longer present, Drax logos and other decals have been added in, and your intro point shows that you entered from the Aztec temple ruins. There are three hidden secrets in the mission. If you discover them, their rewards may just help you out a little bit. The mission ends when the shuttle launches, but I arranged things in a way so that you shouldn't be able to complete it unless all objectives have been achieved. It may have felt buggy or unfair otherwise. Anyway, hopefully you'll enjoy playing this new mission. If any major problems are found, please report them so that they can be addressed.

Download at the Vault...
http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=326

Player Comments...

"In my opinion this is one of the hardest custom levels ever created. Very challenging"
- 00Drew

"Damn, this level was pretty tight. Took me like 18:45 to complete it (with save states of course) Probably one of the hardest custom levels out there. Those damn turrets!!!"
- EpicGift

"I played this custom level not too long ago myself, and it was definitely one of the hardest by far. I would probably go as far as saying that it was more difficult than the actual Aztec level."
- Wglass90

"Really good level, the turrets can be a bit challenging and it for sure can be as hard as Aztec in some parts."
- Graslu00

"Stellar work, Wreck! This is probably the most difficult custom level I've played!"
- EntropicDecay Gaming

"Impressive. Normally singleplayer missions set on multiplayer maps look like garbage, but this was pretty decently done. The layout of the assets look pretty convincing. Judging by how much damage you took [Graslu00 playthrough video], it looks just as challenging as Aztek on 00 Agent was."
- Corky64

"Man it´s f***ing great and difficult on 00 Agent Smile"
- DFAnk1

"Definitely one of the better custom levels out there, great vid man [EntropicDecay Gaming playthrough video]."
- KennethlongnecK

Playthroughs...
May contain spoilers!

Graslu00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo3cMXAHFHc

EntropicDecay Gaming
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIFf2egkQUA

JpGonzalez 16
[cheats in use]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM-LWUsemJE

-----------------------------------

Just wanted to share a few pics of my first real custom mission. I know most of you would have expected Caves, as I had started one even before there was a Visual Editor tool. But I decided to try Complex. It's a direct sequel to Aztec, storyline-wise. You'll notice extra details and some changes to architecture. I also tweaked two areas to allow the doors to properly close portals (since portals were angled originally). The primary door was customized, as was the shuttle. I still have work to do, but it's far enough along to start showing previews. Path walkers were not setup prior to these pics.

There are also some special secrets in store, but you will have to try and figure those out when you play it. Wink

Last edited by Wreck on Sun May 07, 2017 2:46 pm; edited 11 times in total

Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

looks great :)

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I and General Plastro said: '' This is ... awesome ... I think I'm going to cry ... FROM THE EMOTION OF PLAYING THIS NEW LEVEL! Laughing Laughing Razz Razz Shocked Shocked

Why is the sky red?

This level is very original

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Woah that looks like it'll be fun.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, guys. Still working on it. Getting closer now. Mostly action block related stuff to work out. Four of the five objectives are setup. I'll have to keep testing to see the difficulty. May need to tweak guard stats a bit.

The sky is the same as the Complex multiplayer level. That was dark red with red clouds.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the color of the sky is nostalgic, but good, blue or black is best you see my 2 new characters from Army Men Sarge's Heroes?

http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=7123

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Johnny Thunder wrote:
the color of the sky is nostalgic, but good, blue or black is best you see my 2 new characters from Army Men Sarge's Heroes?

http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=7123

How about you not derail every topic you see?

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, I'm very excited to see all my creativity

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks awesome Wreck, if it's anything like your other work we're in for a real treat.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What level does it replace?

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's pretty close to completion now. All objectives are fully functioning. Got spawning guards sorted out. It's mostly the camera scenes (intro and outro), and nitpicking minor details left. I may be being a bit over cautious, but with this being my first full mission, I would like to make a good impression.

Right now I just have it replacing the Aztec. I also did change the sky to mimic the Aztec more closely. Your watch time is twelve minutes after the start of the Aztec mission. That's probably enough time to finish it up within the cheat target time (9 minutes), and reach the secondary launch complex (3 minutes).

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Glad to see you FINALLY decided to create a mission! Were guard paths easy to get working?

btw I vaguely you and I exchanging ideas for a Caves mission.....dang that was a long time ago.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmw wrote:
Glad to see you FINALLY decided to create a mission! Were guard paths easy to get working?

btw I vaguely you and I exchanging ideas for a Caves mission.....dang that was a long time ago.

Yep...

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Guard paths were pretty straight forward. I did have issues with two. They were a little complicated, involving ramps and guards crossing past eachother, which resulted in problems. I ended up changing those two. Not quite as "cool" as I had originally intended, but they work well and still look good enough.

The path network took me less time than I thought it might. I planned it out area by area, splitting them into sets. I also used the Editor options to connect pads to path. Believe it or not, I have always done this manually in a notepad file. Ironically, the only crashing error came from something I did do manually.

Yeah, I pretty much have a Caves mission figured out, with briefing written. I somehow decided to start with Complex, though. It's a direct sequel to Aztec, so it sees Bond encountering some of the same base objectives and enemy guards. But it also makes additional references to the Moonraker film plot - something Dragonsbrethren did, as well.

I gave it a 00 Agent play through, and I barely completed it with just one bar of health left, and that's from me sort of cheating. I obviously know certain exploits, which helped keep me alive. I decided to keep both armours on all difficulties, but one is only the half vest. I'll have to play again the way most people would, or at least on their first attempts. Hopefully it won't take much longer.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just fine tuning it now. I figured out a way to prevent guards from being able to shoot at the player through ramp ceilings and certain other architecture, which was even present in some of Rare's original missions. The helipad hallway in Bunker springs to mind, as do some areas in Silo with stairs. Was always a very unfair thing for them to shoot through walls, even if they can't see over railings (which sort of balances it). Probably be useful in other custom missions, if that sort of thing is an issue with guards or drone guns.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: