ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Diddy Kong Racing levels in GoldenEye 64?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Diddy Kong Racing levels in GoldenEye 64? Reply with quote Back to top

How can I import a Diddy Kong Racing level, for example, the Ancient Lake level, the GoldenEye 007 game?

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Export it to VRML with nemu64's video plugin.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Siul wrote:
Export it to VRML with nemu64's video plugin.

what is ''VRML''???

Maybe it would be better idea to use the Diddy Kong Racing editor?

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun did a nice job on Icicle Pyramid, and he must have used the Diddy Kong Racing editor.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-16126.html

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Sogun did a nice job on Icicle Pyramid, and he must have used the Diddy Kong Racing editor.

Thanks for the information

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Last edited by Johnny Thunder on Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In order to port from DKR to GE you only need teh GE Setup Editor 3.0.

I can't do a comprehensive explanation right now, but here are the basics:

1- Load the level you want to convert in the DKR Editor.

2- In Room Positions Mode export full level to FBX (rightclick on the map and the select 'Export Full Level to obj' and then change the file format to FBX). By doing this you'll keep the shading.

3- Go to the folder where you exported the FBX and there should be a lot of textures in BMP format. Create a 'textures.txt' and write all the name textures with the extension (like AFBF00.bmp), one texture per row.

4- Open de GE Editor, do 'File' -> 'New'. Select the level you want to replace and set scale to 1.0 (I really don't know what scale works for every DKR map, but Icicle Pyramed was something like 0.2 or 0.25 if I recall correctly. but you can edit this later). Then do 'Edit Setup' -> 'Visual Editor'

5- In Visual Editor do 'Visual' -> 'Delete all clipping, portals and lighting'.
After that, do 'Convert Model File to...' -> 'Convert Model File to level and export (and add textures').
Then select the textures.txt, then the base rom, then name a new rom or overwrite the base rom. Then select the FBX file and after a while you'll see the level in Visual Editor. You can save the project now and use the last rom as base.

6- You can create the clipping with editor. In 'Room Positions Mode' select one or multiple polygons, then rightclick on them and do 'Convert to Clipping' -> 'Convert Triangle to clipping Tile'.

7- After doing the clipping you can add Portals. First turn Portals ON. Then, in 'Edit Portals' mode rightclick on the level and do 'Auto-Portal'.
You'll probably need to edit the portal coords and related rooms. To do so, rightclick on the portal and select 'Edit Portal Dialog'.
You can also create portals from polygons or clipping tiles with 'Create Portal at edge'.

8- Do the setup

9- When everything is done you can inject the project in the later base rom.

Hope that helps

ESPAÑOL

Para convertir un nivel de DKR a GE sólo necesitas el GE Setup Editor 3.0.

No puedo escribir una explicación paso a pàso ahora mismo, pero lo básico es lo siguiente:

1- Carga el nivel que quieras convertir en el Editor de DKR.

2- En 'Room Positions Mode' exporta el nivel a formato FBX (haz click derecho sobre el mapa y selecciona 'Export Full level to obj', después cambia el tipo de archivo a FBX). De esta forma no perderás el sombreado del nivel.

3- Ve a la carpeta donde has exportado el FBX y debería de haber muchas texturas en formato BMP. Crea un archivo 'textures.txt' y copia los nombres de las texturas y su extensión (por ejemplo, AFBF00.bmp), un archivo por fila.

4- Abre el GE Editor y haz 'File' -> 'New'. Selecciona el nivel que quieres reemplezar y pon la escala a 1.0 (realmente no sé si hay una escala para cada nivel de DKR, pero en Icicle Pyramid 0,2 o 0,25 funcionaban bastante bien. De todas formas se puede cambiar al escala después). Luego haz 'Edit Setup' -> 'Visual Editor'

5- En Visual Editor haz 'Visual' -> 'Delete all clipping, portals and lighting'.
Luego haz 'Convert Model File to...' -> 'Convert Model File to level and export (and add textures').
Selecciona el archivo textures.txt, luego la rom base, luego dale un nombre a la nueva rom o sobreescribe la rom base. Después selecciona el archivo FBX y tras esperar un poco deberías ver el nivel en el Visual Editor. Ahora puedes salvar el proyecto usando la última rom como base.

6- Puedes crear el clipping en el editor. En modo 'Room Positions Mode' selecciona uno o varios triángulos, luego haz click con el botón derecho sobre uno de ellos y haz 'Convert to Clipping' -> 'Convert Triangle to clipping Tile'.

7- Tras acabar el clipping puedes añadir los portales. Primero actívalos en Visual Editor. Después, en modo 'Edit Portals' haz click derecho sobre el nivel y selecciona 'Auto-portal'.
Seguramente necesitarás editar las coordenadas de los portales y las rooms con las que se relaciona. Para ello, haz click con el botón derecho sobre el portal y selecciona 'Edit Portal Dialog'.
También puedes crear portales desde polígonos del escenario o triángulos de clipping con la opción 'Create Portal at edge'.

8- Haz el setup.

9- Cuando todo esté listo puede inyectar el projecto a la última rom base.

Espero que te sirva de ayuda.

Last edited by Sogun on Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the info, but, what programs can you use? If it is autocad, I will not have any possibility to use it, in my previous PC and I expired the test version, and the one I have currently is 64 bits, the one you used in tutorial is 32 bits, there is no autocad 2004 for 64 Bits, sorry

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You only need the GE Setup Editor to port from DKR to GE and not lose anything in the process.

Well, you also need Notepad in order to do the textures.txt. Razz

Ack. I forgot to say that DKR levels have a Room00 but GoldenEye and Perfect Dark levels start at Room01.
You'll have to edit the FBX file opening it with Notepad and replace 'Room00' with 'RoomXX' where XX is value after last room in level.
So if the DKR levels goes from Room00 to Room 1F, the GE conversion will be from Room01 to Room20.

ESPAÑOL

Sólo necesitas el GE Setup Editor para convertir el nivel de DKR a GE y no perder nada en el proceso.

Bueno, también necesitas el Bloc de notas para crear el archivo textures.txt Razz

Arg. Se me olvidó decir que los niveles en DKR comienzan en Room00 mientras que en GoldenEye y Perfect Dark lo hacen desde Room01.
Tendrás que editar el archivo FBX abriéndolo con el Bloc de notas y reemplazando donde ponga 'Room00' por 'RoomXX', siendo XX un número superior a la última Room del nivel.
De modo que si el nivel en DKR va de la Room00 a Room 1F, la conversión irá de Room01 a Room20.

Last edited by Sogun on Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

entiendo algo en ingles, puedes decirmelo en español?

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've edited my messages with an Spanish translation so it can be helpful to more people.

ESPAÑOL

He editado mis mensaje con una traducción al español para que puede servir de ayuda a más gente.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gracias Sogun

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oye Sogun, al exportarlo a FBX, me marca esto: "Invalid objtoan8 exe", ya descargue el objtoan8, el "fbx20141_fbxsdk_vs2008_win", incluso el "libfbxsdk.dll" en el system32 y los instale, y sigue igual, a que se debe? mi PC es de 64bits

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The '' Ancient Lake '' level will replace the '' Temple '' level, with palms and plants, what do you think?

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: