ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GEX On Old N64

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: GEX On Old N64 Reply with quote Back to top

Yo how does this run on the old N64? I am gonna buy it off some site called Etsy. They put the game in an old cartridge and label it Goldeneye X. Do you think they have the newest version? Thanks

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Yo how does this run on the old N64?

You can use a flash cart like Everdrive or 64drive.
Quote:
I am gonna buy it off some site called Etsy. They put the game in an old cartridge and label it Goldeneye X.

Please reconsider, the money is going to someone who has not contributed anything to the project. For an extra $25 you can purchase a everdrive 2.5 which would allow you to download future updates unlike the repro cart.

Trevor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Absolutely agreed, don't buy these repo carts. this project isn't finished so you will ultimately be wasting your money.

Trev

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The only time you should do this is when the project is finished and there's no more updates coming out. As it stands you're paying way too much on something that cannot be updated once purchased.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How are they doing them if it's not an everdrive or similar inside the cartridge ?

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They burn the ROM to a physical chip.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Until the mod is finished...
I would also suggest purchasing an EverDrive 64 or 64Drive. That way, you can play pretty well any N64 game on your console, so long as the ROM is compatible. Once the next version of GoldenEye X is released, that cartridge will be outdated. Guess you can think of it as a beta cart, if it makes anyone feel better. But with a flash cart, you can easily upload the next version ROM when it's public.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Exactly, really all it's good for currently is to have a novelty N64 cart, however, not for the price they're asking.

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Also, Pavarini makes a great point "the money is going to someone who has not contributed anything to the project"

Trev

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just to clarify, even if the person selling the repro cart was involved with the project I would still be against it. I believe the mod should always be free due to the derivative subject.

There was a thread that discussed this same seller but it appears to have been removed.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I used to want to buy an everdrive 64 for my nintendo 64, but that dream is gone, my nintendo 64 console worked perfectly, but last year, exactly at this time, and now console did not work again, all my games, Army Men Sarge's Heroes, GoldenEye, Star Wars Rouge Squadron, Donkey Kong 64,, among others, I had to sell them, and with the money I got the GoldenEye game for Wii and a control of Gamecube, to my wii console I put hacks to To be able to use the Not64, the emulator of games of Nintendo 64, there I can try my mods and of the others

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well...still.
If someone wants a cartridge, that is looking good, he can get, for example a Nice one of the Master Quest. They provide people with that, so...
Well if there's a demand for that, I won't blame them to answer to that.

The price are quite high so, I believe that people buying that really wants them.

I wouldn't blame Wreck for example to try to earn some money with it, be it that way or with a patreonme account.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, as nice as it would be to receive some form of monetary "reward" for all the time spent on GE-X, it was never done for anything other than the love for the game. I feel compensated enough reading some of the great comments people leave about it, and watching videos on YouTube that have player commentary. That stuff can really give you a huge morale boost.

Apparently, Tryforce Games does do a nice job on their custom cartridges. You can read their feedback on Etsy. He also seems like a decent guy.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be a bit worried Master Quest would suffer the known crash bug near completion...
Again, that's a WIP project and the repro will have whatever known issues the version of the patch they used happens to have.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that's the major downfall of any in-progress projects. There can be flaws, game crashing errors, and things missing completely. And the moment an update is released, that cart is pretty much a paper weight.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: