ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Intro Camera not working, how to set it up?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LampPost
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Intro Camera not working, how to set it up? Reply with quote Back to top

Hello everyone! I have been playing around with the goldeneye setup editor for the past ~2 days now and I have gotten pretty OK at using it, just now I was playing around with the spawn point and what you can do with it, so far I cannot seem to get the intro camera working, usually crashing the game right at the beginning, looking around I have realized that it needs Action Blocks to function correctly, but my only question is how to set the action block up to use the camera? I have read a little bit about action blocks and what you can do with them, but so far nothing on an Intro Camera scene...

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For the intro camera, you just need to set it up in the Intro menu. You choose the nearest pad to use for the room to load when the camera is chosen. Make sure you are using text entries from the correct level. If you use it from a text file that is not loaded into the RAM, the game will crash. And when all else fails, open up some GoldenEye setups to see what Rare did.

Welcome to the board! We're always happy to have new members with interest in adding fun new content to GoldenEye and Perfect Dark. Smile

LampPost
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sorry for the late reply, I was looking at what rare did for the intro cams and its the exact same thing I did, is there something I am missing or??

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It could be one of a few things...

1. The text you are using is from an unloaded file. You can choose two different lines of text to show when the intro camera is on screen. The first is for your location, and second was used by Rare to set the historical timeline. You must choose a valid text entry, or else the game will crash.

2. You need to set a pad to determine which room the camera is inside of. Simply look at your level in Visual, find a pad within the camera room, and select it from the list. If you choose one from someplace else in the level, it has the potential to crash.

3. Rotational values. I had an issue with the rotational values before, but that was in an outro camera. Might be fine for intro.

If still having trouble, someone should be able to help. If you don't want to give out too much detail about your custom mission publicly, you can PM me with information about which level it is, etc.

Hehe, late reply? I would say that was actually quite quick. Smile

LampPost
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think I may have fixed it, you were right about the text part

thanks for the help!

EDIT: nevermind, still doesnt work...

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Strange. If you want, you can PM me with more info, or even send me your setup file with the details to check over.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just wanted to make sure the intro camera has indeed been fixed, and if there is anything else you might require some assistance with? I look forward to seeing what you create using the Setup Editor.

LampPost
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah it was fixed, thanks for the help

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rather than create my own topic just for a curiosity question.

I'm wondering what are the limitations for the sequence after the intro camera. Is there a maximum number of point the camera have to travel into before going into the head or something ?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I thought it just chose one of the set intro camera points at random, then went to the into first-person transition camera? Is there a way to utilize more camera points in between that? You can probably do a lot more with the outro. Dam had three angles, and Cradle has up to four (if Trevelyan falls over the edge). I don't know if you can switch between cameras without a fade. That could allow for a greater cinematic ending. The fade out may be useful for loading in the appropriate rooms, if you need to swap around to various locations, without noticeable room rendering or possible crashing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: