ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Did this ever get released? Entropy Soldier maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Did this ever get released? Entropy Soldier maps Reply with quote Back to top

Saw this video on YouTube of EternallyAries vs Entropy Soldier, playing in two maps I have never seen before. One called Valley, and another Colloseum...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfT7ZjykYtA

I actually think Valley looks quite interesting, but don't recall seeing it made available for download anywhere. Maybe someone here knows more?

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Saw this video on YouTube of EternallyAries vs Entropy Soldier, playing in two maps I have never seen before. One called Valley, and another Colloseum...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfT7ZjykYtA

I actually think Valley looks quite interesting, but don't recall seeing it made available for download anywhere. Maybe someone here knows more?

Oh man, that video is quite old. I remember playing the map pack as if it was yesterday haha.

Anyway, yeah the patch was never release to the public as far as I know. I believe I still do have it in Rom form. I'll check and see if I still have it. If I do I can hand it out for you and whoever else wants a private link to it, to check it out personally. I'll message Entropy Soldier whenever I see him online to see if he still has the patch laying around. If he does, I'll see if he can give it to me and if it's okay to leave the file here for those who are interested in the mod so it can be spreaded out to more then a few people.

But yeah the mod itself is still unfinished. I forgot the name of one of the really huge maps in it. But it has loads of texture issues in it. But still fully playable. He also created his own gun loadouts in the mod as well to add some diversity to the game.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It would be a shame for them to just be lost to time. They should be added to the Vault for other players to try. Even if some are incomplete, they may still be fun. Valley appeared to be finished, from what I could see in the video. His efforts deserve attention, and not to be discarded.

Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't worry, I promised subby wubby I'd get it done so it will get done eventually. It might be a while though because there's a lot of stuff in it I have to redo to match my new standards. There's also a few more maps to make, but hopefully I'll wrap it up sometime this summer provided my other projects don't completely steal my time.

Whenever I do I'll release all my source files and tools for any interested parties, and maybe a tutorial on how to design/import a level using blender. At this point that's the primary reason for releasing the map pack, since the sad truth is no-one plays custom GE multiplayer packs anymore. Hopefully people can use the info to easily make their own custom maps, or at the very least make some good single player missions or something out of my level geometry.

But for now everyone who was awesome enough to test it with me back in the day shouldn't distribute it. There's too much dinky stuff in there at the moment (like those Colosseum textures, holy crap) for me to be happy having it spread around. It also gives everyone something to look forward to!

Also what the heck, why are you guys talking like I'm not around anymore? My last post was sometime this month*. If you ever need anything just PM me on here, and if it's urgent then add me on steam or PM me on the GE:S forums or something.

*last month

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Understandable. It's kind of like a musician's unreleased studio tracks. They can be nearly complete, but something just wasn't quite there yet. Once they're dead, the songs get released to milk that cow completely dry. Hell, sometimes they get funky remixes which would make the artist spin around in their grave. But that aside, you appear to have some very nice works in progress. Would make a nice addition to the Vault's GoldenEye multiplayer downloads, once you've polished them off.

It's not that you aren't around, but your activity has certainly diminished over the years. I do still see you appear online under the active users list. Just feels you have been doing more lurking than posting, is all.

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah it would be really great to play those maps Smile
Alec: Fate

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, sadly these days I'm not as proactive on the forums as I once was, for a lot of reasons. Still working on stuff from time to time in the background though! GE64 maps are fun to make because for basic ones like valley it takes about a day or so to make them. Maps for any modern game take months, which is ultimately more rewarding but takes a lot more work.

Once I start making the final push to get this project done I'll make a thread or something to that effect to let everyone know it's coming. I really didn't anticipate much interest for this project at this point so I've mostly kept quiet about it. I've still got a ton of stuff to take care of in the immediate future so it will still be a while before I make any serious progress on this again, but it's always nice to know there's a point to it beyond showcasing map making using blender.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The two maps look interesting (though Colosseum *really* needs colours to be added), but again they are for Goldeneye Crying or Very sad

No bots = no way to play multiplayer for some (many?) of us Goldeneye fans nowadays, as our friends have 'moved on' (or rather, moved backwards) and won't play anything so old anymore.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:
The two maps look interesting (though Colosseum *really* needs colours to be added), but again they are for Goldeneye Crying or Very sad

No bots = no way to play multiplayer for some (many?) of us Goldeneye fans nowadays, as our friends have 'moved on' (or rather, moved backwards) and won't play anything so old anymore.

Add color ?, it's easy, I could help in that

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't worry, the lack of color will be fixed along with the textures!

Anyway it's still possible for you guys to play with eachother online using Mupen, but I understand not wanting to deal with the quirks of it. It can still be fun though once you get over the input delay but it's less than stellar regardless of what you do. I actually made most of these maps to play with my friends using that method, but sadly that group hasn't really been playing GE64 for a long time. Still worth finishing though, at the very least the assets and development procedure should be useful to you all but I do kind of hope I'll get to play on these maps a few times as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: