ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Neo Genesis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You don't have to replace all the texture slots. As for UV editing, the best advice I can give is to experiment with the dialog window. It helps to look at other heads and see how their faces are UV mapped.

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tried adjusting the UV settings today, without much result, unfortunately. The settings I touched either didn't change anything or messed up the face completely. Without a basic understanding of UV mapping (I don't even know what UV means Razz), I don't think this'll be the best option.

So far, I've had a little more success with the model exporting and importing method. (I still need to get Subdrag's permission to actually use this model though, if he is the original creator, that is). The problem is that I think I'm still messing up the textures txt.file. Anyway, maybe I should illustrate this problem. This is the model from the All Bonds patch:

These are the files I get from exporting it as a 'whole obj' under model editing. On the right is the txt.file I tried to create following Pavarini's example, based on the texture files I got from the export:

Unfortunately, this was the result when I imported the textures and obj file into a new rom, trying to replace one of Brosnan's heads:

So yeah, that's not right at all. At least some of Dalton's textures carried over? I'm sorry, maybe I'm missing something very obvious, but I've never replaced a model like this before, so any form of advice/assistance would be greatly appreciated Smile

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I suggest that you replace the head model of '' Bond 1,2,3 and Tuxedo '' with that of Dalton, exporting the head model with the output name '' Chead .... Z.bin '' From the 'All Bonds' mod

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Johnny Thunder wrote:
I suggest that you replace the head model of '' Bond 1,2,3 and Tuxedo '' with that of Dalton, exporting the head model with the output name '' Chead .... Z.bin '' From the 'All Bonds' mod

Bond 1, 2 and 3 and Tuxedo Bond aren't head models, that's simply how the different texture sets are labelled in the filter under image tools.

The head models I'm trying to replace are:
Cheadbrosnanboiler
Cheadbrosnansuit
Cheadbrosnantimber
Cheadbrosnansnow
Cheadbrosnan (this one uses the 'Tuxedo' face)

I think these are all the in-game head models, correct?

Also, I already explained that in the experiment above, I believe I tried replacing Cheadbrosnansuit by selecting "import whole obj if already added textures", then I selected the textures.txt (the .txt file displayed in the image above, which I think is not written correctly) and finally I selected the Guard0042.obj file that I got from exporting Dalton's head model from the All Bonds patch, which seemed to correspond with 'altered Joe head'. The last picture is the result of importing the aforementioned textures.txt and Guard0042.obj files.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In the Wreck mod, which is called '' All Bonds' ', patch it and open it in' 'Model Editor' ', look for the file in' 'Guards'' called ''42 Cheadjoe (Male, Joe [altered]) ', That file has the textures of Dalton, export it and ready, you already saved it, then open your mod in' 'Model Editor' 'and open the model of the head of Bond 1, 2, 3 and Tuxedo And crushes in the box '' Import from file '' and opens the model of Dalton's head and Dalton's head and textures will appear and save it and go!

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Johnny, for the third time, this is exactly what I already tried in my first experiment. I think the language barrier is proving to be quite problematic. Let's see if my Spanish is worth anything. It's not my native language, so my apologies if I make any mistakes.

Ya he tratado de exportar el modelo Cheadjoe del 'mod' All Bonds (creado por Wreck) y importar este modelo en mi propio 'mod.' He seguido exactamente los pasos como indicados en tu mensaje anterior: primero, he seleccionado el archivo textures.txt (los contenidos de este archivo se pueden ver en una de mis imágenes anteriores). Después, he seleccionado el archivo Guard0042.obj (= el archivo que he extraído del 'mod' de All Bonds).
El problema es que no estoy seguro sobre el archivo de los textures (textures.txt), creo que contiene errores, porque, como puedes ver, el resultado de este experimento (mi última imagen) no era muy fructífero.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I suggest you ignore the '' textures.txt '' option, so I did it to avoid some error

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are you sure that worked out for you? If I only import the obj.file and choose to cancel the textures.txt, I get the following error:
couldn't find texture: tempImgEd06A9.bmp
In the visual editor, it looks even worse: some textures are just blank.

Estás seguro de que ese método funciona? Si selecciono "cancel" cuando tengo que importar el archivo textures.txt y solo importo el archivo .obj, recibo un error:
couldn't find texture: tempImgEd06A9.bmp
En la ventana visual editor, las cosas parecen peores: algunos 'textures' siguen en blancos.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That rare, with me works perfectly, Are you using the latest beta copy?

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, when I launched the betagrabber.exe, it said 'up to date.'
Does anyone else perhaps have some advice/experience on this? I find it very weird that the importing step would work without a textures.txt file.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You should ask Paravini, maybe I can help you

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The head you imported was the low res version. Some heads have low res/hi res parts.
SilverEye wrote:
I tried adjusting the UV settings today, without much result, unfortunately. The settings I touched either didn't change anything or messed up the face completely. Without a basic understanding of UV mapping (I don't even know what UV means :P), I don't think this'll be the best option.

If it helps, here is 19 minutes of me poorly retexturing a head. https://files.catbox.moe/501s8i.mp4

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good tutorial you did Pavarini, but just in case SilverEye bursts his head out of stress, I give him a link of Dalton's head in .bin format, thanks for the Wreck mod

https://www.dropbox.com/s/54970o28bvk69ba/CheadjoeZ.bin?dl=0

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

~Okay, thanks Johnny. The .bin file importing method proved more successful: I was able to change the following Brosnan heads to Dalton's head:
Cheadbrosnanboiler
Cheadbrosnantimber
They looked absolutely perfect in-game. Subdrag did an amazing job on that one.

Unfortunately, when I tried to import the model as a replacement for Cheadbrosnansuit or Cheadbrosnan, the editor crashed. I haven't tested Cheadbrosnansnow yet.
Have you tried/experienced this as wel?

~Pavarini, thanks a lot for the video. It did really help with knowing which settings to use, and I was able to roughly retexture the Cheadbrosnan and Cheadbrosnansuit models using this way.

Maybe I'll have to use a combination of both methods for my actual project? Razz

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

With raw model import, you need to insert the model's Images\05s\Matrices before importing or the editor will crash. This is because the information for those settings are not embedded in the model file. I usually add the 3 numbers to the filename so it's easier to import. If you match the details from the successfully imported heads, it will import without crashing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: