ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE007 N64 Disassembly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PD does have a significant amount of padding between the first three big compressed files, and maybe a chunk of zeroes in the TLB stuff. There's other stuff that could be excised like all those beta text files, but it's not going to be too significant.

Using lower image depths (like ci4 versus ci8) when possible slice out ~half the filesize before compression. Keeping input smaller would have a bigger impact than anything else. Since all of these have to get loaded into memory at some point it also helps prevent overflowing.

On the plus side, the 64drive hw2's allow ROMs up to 0xF800000 in size and at least one emulator is going to support that size as well. If it becomes a thing expect everyone else to follow suit.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@AL64inthedark

Did you have no succes replacing textures in the rom I sent to you?

I had no problem at all when adding all those textures. The rom didn't get corrupted or Editor crashed even once. It was all silky-smooth so I thought maybe SubDrag fixed any issues that could happen.

This is the process I followed: I first added all the textures, then my Classic Nintendo Maps backgrounds with some basic clipping and finally a small amount of objetcs.
I had no problems at all.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well biggest issue I had with the rom you've send it that it is PD.
I really want to mod on a base GE:X rom for all the things it add. And it has lots of content (weapons, textures) from 90s era and since my mod happen in the beginning of the 21 century, it finally appeared it was crucial for me to use Ge:X as a base rom.
Right now I'm working on producing content because I lost way too much time on this issue.

@Subrag :
That's an option I gave up on because there's not enough beta files plus it is a struggle since I want to put the level of detail quite high, which require a considerable number of slots.
Example (has to be zoomed on to see clearly). The entrance of that building is made of 24 textures.

Only the art deco textures are finished, everything else is temporary.

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

looks amazing (though the blockwork is a bit blurry) but 24 Max-TMEM textures means that each tri-pair will have to wait on ram re-filling TMEM.

It would be interesting to see the debug info on that scene in GE.
Enter the mcm codes, activate the menu, press D right 3 times and press start (should be on Display Bars)

Trev

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you considered setting up a patreon for this? I'd be happy to chip in and help fund the disassembly.

kholdfuzion
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Started to rewrite the disassembly, had to get away from the limitations of bass. See https://gitlab.com/kholdfuzion/Gold007/tree/master/rewrite

Ran into a bug with opcodes generated by mips64-as, for MOVE I should be getting 0x......25 but instead I'm getting 0x......2D, which unfortunately causes the rom to not boot on my 64drive.

@ pavarini, I'll look into it, especially as this won't be the only game I'll be undertaking such a project for.

EDIT: it's now a working project, just tested on my 64drive Smile https://gitlab.com/kholdfuzion/Gold007

kholdfuzion
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well the disassembly has officially become a decompile. First complete c file has been completed. Every other c file can have individual functions decompiled one at a time till game is finished. If you are interested in project, capable of helping, or willing to learn to help, hit up me,Trevor, or carnivorous.
The project is a private repo till it supports extracting a retail ROMs assets vs having assets in repo. But I don't mind adding anyone who can help.

kholdfuzion
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

just an update: pushed internal work repo to gitlab.
https://gitlab.com/kholdfuzion/goldeneye_src

feel free to help if able

at this point, everything assembles right, all converted to c code byte accurately compiles, some assets can be changed, most seem to break stuff still (i believe i still have some hardcoded addresses left in assembly i missed labeling)

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Exciting!

kholdfuzion
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

just an update on this: code is now shiftable, JP is supported, and a bunch of other things

John1971
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:06 pm    Post subject: Since the miracle of Mario 64 on PS3 Reply with quote Back to top

kholdfuzion wrote:
just an update on this: code is now shiftable, JP is supported, and a bunch of other things

Hello my friend

my name is John

Im 49 years old gamer that have played all kind of games in his life but always return to my N64 Goldeneye 3-4 times per year !!

in my humble opinion this is the ultimate shooter/canon 007 game/gaming jewel diamond masterpiece

I discovered your work tonight on it here (after discussion on psx-place):

https://www.psx-place.com/threads/since-the-miracle-of-mario-64-on-ps3.31711/#post-265443

https://gitlab.com/kholdfuzion/goldeneye_src

I searched how to contact you and freshly registered myself here ONLY to contact you about this "most awaited" project by every PS3 owners (and many others gaming consoles i imagine)

I know severals others fellow that are waiting for this 2020-2021 dream to come true.

I was wondering if you are able to recompile it in PS2/PS3 pkg format like this one (Mario 64) found here :

[LINK REMOVED] Please do not share copyrighted content here - Moderator

Im not commissioning you my friend , just want to know more of the current status of work in progress in % and to understand how long it could take if you take your time for doing it ? just to know if i can dream to be able to enjoy my favorite game ever FINALLY in HD pictures via the CFW PS3 instead of my old RBG dusty/crappy old N64 console... Smile

I definitelly can offer some kind of financial help to own this pkg that i will swear & sign to never divulge/provide to anyone (just for myself)

I can show you my old N64 cartridge & console to prove i own the game legally too with my name/date or whatever text you want me to provide in the picture to show i ACTUALLY own the game.

Please answer me here AND please give update to guys at PSX-PLACE if you are able it would be awesome

EDIT P.S. have you been able to find somes helpers for your project on discord ?

Currently waiting for your kind reply dear fellow
just cant wait to heard from you Smile

Best

John

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I was wondering if you are able to recompile it in PS2/PS3 pkg format like this one (Mario 64) found here

It's years away from being recompilable for other platforms - O2 takes more time to match compared to O0 [SM64]

John1971
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Quote:
I was wondering if you are able to recompile it in PS2/PS3 pkg format like this one (Mario 64) found here

It's years away from being recompilable for other platforms - O2 takes more time to match compared to O0 [SM64]

noooo Sad

years.... ?!

Sad

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Doom 64 has been reverse engineered and compiled to run on a PC:

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=10429

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On the official Everdrive 64 forum, a user named Immorpher posted the following:

"Update! A GEC Discord member just informed me of this:

https://gitlab.com/ryandwyer/perfect-dark

Looks like there is work being done on Perfect Dark reverse engineering. And apparently a few other games as well:

https://n64.dev/#reverse-engineering"

It's great to see more work being done on making these games open source, to allow for the possibility of bug fixing, expanding the games' features and the possibility of more advanced game modding, and also of making the games run natively on other computers and consoles.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: