ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Memory limit reached

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Garabuyo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Memory limit reached Reply with quote Back to top

Hi to everyone again.

I have another problem with the scenery (I am developing with the normal .rom without any modification except the mod on Runway).

I had used a lot of differents textures and an amount of objects because My level has got a lot of doors.

In my level one Room doesn´t show (after I tried a lot of alternative solutions to solve it) when you cross the portal "connected" with this room.

In the objects the textures changes (in an aleatory way) depending on the position of Bond.

In the scenery some textures are "twisted".

https://edqjdg.bn1304.livefilestore.com/y4mtJcnGE9Y3FZwK5kyKS_P-w5KBBK3VhtntYIgVF_jZXNll_-HjRRGVMqw_OdM-Uo03Y4TUhqDrjexJ9rOUYYqyEZWKc6DaBS5oE7ET8Nqi6fbg3AMKI2RdrQYniHxiHMVi3q38VPgnIhPYichE2bUZg3OvmYYg7vEQE_CzHctbdehURSVUNZGkTOy50lefmvIiHOsDbGp0wBz3R2VKpWZiQ?width=635&height=507&cropmode=none

The sky texture doesn´t show properly and It doesn´t do the animation.

I tried to change some values related to the memory paremeters without good results.

I need to know how to apply properly* the IPS patch in this case to extend the ram memory to 7mb + 1mb for special purposes (Music). It seems to me that more people has got the same problem or dudes.

* I patched a rom for the objetive to have a rom with the 7 mb patch and then I applied another IPS patch to the previous rom with my modified level with the same results (I can play the level with the textures errors of the beginning).

http://bf4stats.com:8601/ps4/Garabuyo

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Memory limit reached Reply with quote Back to top

Garabuyo wrote:
I need to know how to apply properly* the IPS patch in this case to extend the ram memory to 7mb + 1mb for special purposes (Music). It seems to me that more people has got the same problem or dudes.

You can expand MIDI memory without patching the ROM http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=7219

Garabuyo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Memory limit reached Reply with quote Back to top

pavarini wrote:
Garabuyo wrote:

You can expand MIDI memory without patching the ROM http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=7219

Yes of course but I need assign more memory when I had applied the 7 mb or 8 mb patch. After this process I would need apply the mod patch.

Thank you pavarini.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Garabuyo has been working on a very promising Runway expansion mission for the last two or three years. I've been helping him but we have reach a point were even I'm not sure how to fix some of the issues.

There are some portals that don't work properly even if everything regarding background splitting and clipping and portal matching looks fine.

But the main issue he is having right now is that no matter how you toggle alocations, there isn't enough memory to make the level look and work fine. So it's mandatory that he uses the Expansion pak patch.
The problem is that I don't know how to apply it myself. I know from SubDrag that you can work on your modified rom and then apply the patch without worries.

I see there are two patches in *.BPD and *.IPS form. What patch should he use and how? Does he has to do something else to be able to further edit his rom with the GE Editor?
Also, if someone was planning on using the Expansion Pak from the start, what would be the best way of action? Apply the patch to an unmodified rom first? Do it as you work on it? Do it at the very end?

I'm also interested in this kind of information. Thanks.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You apply the 8 meg patch, and then go into Tools -> Game Configuration, and can raise the settings for the level to much higher than before (-mt, -ma)

Garabuyo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
You apply the 8 meg patch, and then go into Tools -> Game Configuration, and can raise the settings for the level to much higher than before (-mt, -ma)

What are the maxium values for -mt and -ma?

Smile

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Garabuyo wrote:
SubDrag wrote:

Smile

Eres de España?

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Garabuyo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Johnny Thunder wrote:
Garabuyo wrote:
SubDrag wrote:

Smile

Eres de España?

Si estoy teniendo problemas con la memoria, me salen texturas distorsionadas (originales del juego) para un mod que estoy haciendo.

He configurado PJ64 1.6 los valores por defecto de Perfect Dark.

Cuando subo los valores sale una pantalla negra en PJ64.

yes. I have been issues with the memory. It has twisted textures (The base level with mods). I am making a mod.

I set up PJ64 as the default values for PD.

When I rise up the values I have a black screen in PJ64.

Smile

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think when applying the 7 or 8 MB patch you have to uncheck the "Hack SP" box. All the other settings are the same as GoldenEye, except Memory Size which should be 8 MB.

To summarize it:

CPU core style: Recompiler
Self-modifying code method: Change Memory and Cache
Memory size: 8 MB
Advanced Block Linking: Off
Default Save Type: Use First Used Save Type
Counter factor: 2 (1 makes things smoother but has some timing issues)

V- Larger Compile Buffer
V- Register caching
V- Use TLB

-------------------------

Creo que al aplicar el parche de 7 o 8 MB hay que desactivar la casilla de "Hackear SP". El resto de la configuración son las mismas que para GoldenEye, excepto Tamaño de Memoria que tiene que ser 8MB.

En resumen:

Estilo de CPU core: Recompilador
Método de trabajar código: CAmbia Memoria y cache
Tamaño de memoria: 8 MB
Enlazado Avanzado de Bloques: No
Tipo de Batería predeterminado: Usar primer tipo escogido
Contra Factor: 2 (1 hace las cosas más fluídas, pero provoca algunos errores en el timing).

V- Buffer de Compilación mayor
V- REgistro a mem.cache
V-Usar TLB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: