ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Error reading .bmp files while loading map into editor.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:36 am    Post subject: Level not shown in Runway ingame. Reply with quote Back to top

So now i get to the next problem:

I got this one and I did the clipping like on TimEh´s Video, and I also insert a Guard, and for sure a 00 Solo Start Point, but when i play it, I´m nowhere and I can walk around everywhere.

So I thought it´s because the clipping tiles are not assigned to the room, but there is only one room and I checked it. Every clipping tile is set to room01.

TimEh had a similar problem @ 4:14 - Only one part of the level appears in this video.

So I don´t know what that could be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDV9n605Xh4

Alec: Fate

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are you sure geometry is the right direction? Click the DS to see CB (cull back) and see. And yeah room # has to match, but if one room, should be ok, and if click clipping and it says 01.

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure how to check if geometry is correct, but something happens here when i click on DS to see CB:

EDIT: The ground is also not visible in the editor. I just let clipping triggered on.

Last edited by DF Ank1 on Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:30 am; edited 2 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do you feel like the clipping is correct but at a way higher scale than it should be ?
It happened to me once, and was a problem with the scale of the clipping at some step.

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

clipping file is definitely correct and room01 has room01 clipping and room02 has room02 clipping.

here are test files if someone feel like to test it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1T8A8KQdPX5Y3NQaTVUOW1jNWM

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't have time myself, I'm already overwhelmed by my own projects, and...well I didn't watched the video to see your method.
But first thing to be sure it that if clipping was done in 3D modeller, is to confirm it was exported as .obj at the same scale than the geometry of the map itself. Keep it always the same inside 3D modeller and when importing inside the editor.

For myself it's always scale 1. But it seem you're working on a goldeneye rom, so scale is to be aware of, since it change a lot between the different level.

It may a just this tiny little thing that's bothering you.

Sorry if I say useless crap because I didn't really put some time into the method you're using.

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can tell crap like you want if it help Laughing

I´ll check it again. Maybe you are really right.

Witch method are you using?

EDIT: The clipping.obj I made now is definitely 100% correct, so that can´t be the problem. I thought it could be that the level.obj has square floor and the clipping file has triangles, but that does not seem to matter.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Then it could be the scale when you import it into the editor.
Maybe the information about scale that you can find about the level, that is located inside the setting menu has another scale than what you expect.
I'm talking about what used to be called 29950 menu or something.

Maybe it is still the scale of the original level you replaced that is still beeing used. Could worth a check, especially since in GE almost every level had a unique scale.

Myself, I couldn't tell really. I spend so much time on the artistic side of the level (textures and architecture). I never went further than trying each room of the map separately at the moment, so doing the clipping inside the editor was enough.

Pro-tip : If you become to feel bad about all the struggles. Take a break. We'll still be here to help in a few days or week Laughing

Last edited by AL64inthedark on Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I imported and yes your geometry is the wrong direction, that is why you see nothing. Invert all triangles in your modeler. Then reimport. If you click DS -> CB in editor, it shows you the cull back method, which is how it would look ingame.
Temporarily, you can select all triangles (control A), flip in the editor in room positions mode by Triangle Tools -> Flip Tri.

And also your level scale is wrong (everything is too small for Bond).

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have to check it

Last edited by DF Ank1 on Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bond is just showing with his hands to the room and saying: Yeah look at this crap. It really works Very Happy

Polygons have 2 sides which can be textured with different materials, they also respond to dynamics in different ways. Generally a poly if sacing in the direction of it's normal. Normals can be shown via a setting in the display options. When you select a poly it will light up in different colors depending on which way the normal is facing. Generally you want all normals to face the same way, you can do this by the align normals option in Mesh-normals-align normals, you can also reverse all or some of the nomals. Odd facing normals can give errors when rendering transparency and reflections. In TP dynamics you have the option to have collisions on the front or back faces which relates to the direction normals are facing. In fluid dynamics such as TFD if you wanted a cylinder to contain a fluid you would generally want the normals to point inwards

Just had to change those normals like you said Subdrag. I didn´t knew this option but in the editor it all makes sense. I just had to invert them.

This step really help me! Very Happy

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You will create a new level (no GoldenEye base level) or you will remaster one level (adding things to an existing level)?

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

its an extended level, but I Cant just add those rooms to the level like it is on the antenna cradle source.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have fun tweaking the scale of the geometry and the textures UVs Smile

Don't forget to use extracted door, stairs, and usual things from the original maps if you haven't yet. It will save you lots of time.

Seems like you're ready to start producing content now.

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Work in Progress Smile Connery as Bond has some nice ideas and already worked on the the old level. Clipping was quite hard so I had to do this cibe from srcath to learn how I can clip and import evertything. So now quite all problems are solved ( ohhh yeah I´m wating for the next problems ) - And now I´ll fix everything. I also solved some tutorials for my 3d programm, so I deleted mroe than 200 unseen polygons witch are unused by GoldenEye. This surely improves performance. Unfortanaly I only can handle with Cinema $d, and not with 3ds max or maya, but that doesnt matter. Since R17, it´s almost the best modeller programm in my opinion. I´ve worked with Deled, Hammer, and many more, but this one is really good now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: