ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Perfect Dark Plus...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Perfect Dark Plus... Reply with quote Back to top

Mod Name: Perfect Dark +
Date of Release: June 15th, 2017
Base ROM: Perfect Dark NTSC v1.1

So what is Perfect Dark Plus? Well, it's the same great game you already know and love, but with some new additions to the Combat Simulator mode. To start with, everything is unlocked. Every character, level, weapon, music track, scenario, and option, is available for brand new agent files. You don't need to complete the mission campaign or challenges to open things up. This even includes the eight Classic weapons, which weren't originally accessible in Combat Simulator. Secondly, two extra Classic maps have been added to the game. Both the Stack and Caves have been modified to better fit the PD universe. Each has different textures, railings, and other adjustments to make them unique from their GoldenEye counterparts. Lastly, players (or Simulants) can now assume control of two bonus characters. Hover after your opponents as the artificial intelligence known as Dr. Caroll, or terrorize everyone in sight as a vicious Skedar warrior. To top it off, when playing in Counter-Operative mode, you'll no longer be forced to spawn as Mr. Blonde instead of a real Skedar when taking their place. Hopefully these things will add a bit more replay value to the game, and allow creative players to customize their own scenarios. And as one final addition, the standard version of Joanna as she appeared in the Japanese version of the game, can also be selected from the list of heads. It appears just prior to the regular Jo combat head, so scroll left to access it more quickly.

Credits...
Wreck: Stack, Caves, Menu Mods, Classic Weapon fixes, etc.
Carnivorous: Dr. Caroll and Skedar playable version and hands.
SubDrag: The Editor, which made it all possible.

Download page...
http://n64vault.com/pd-multi-levels:perfect-dark-plus

Last edited by Wreck on Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Graslu
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks promising, great work! I'll make sure to make a splitscreen livestream of this with my friend, it should be fun. Already have it installed but have yet to try it out.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Graslu00
Discord: https://discord.gg/tksttVC

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds good. I enjoy watching your videos, so definitely share the link to anything you record once it's up on YouTube.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm loving the new Cave map.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pavarini wrote:
I'm loving the new Cave map.

i'm TOO!

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, guys. I wanted it to feel like it could be another area in Crash Site, with the cold snowy feel. The lighting and barrier posts are based on Air Base, with optimizations for a multiplayer map. I know the barriers change the gameplay a bit from the GoldenEye X version, but I had good reason. Those areas have clipping issues I have still yet to resolve. Perhaps they may never be. So to avoid that, the posts were put in. It also makes it unique, and not too different from PD's Complex - which also added railings. The darkest area, which was nearly black in GE, was brightened a little bit. I think an issue people had with the original map, was it was too dark. This PD version is certainly brighter overall, and hopefully that means less confusing.

Oh, small note, the President's Clone was replaced by the Skedar in the select list. The Challenge he appeared in should have the normal President now. Also, the Maian Soldier has been moved to a new spot (after Elvis), and Dr. Caroll uses the previous spot. If you really want a normal Maian, just switch the head to Elvis. I can probably extend the list at another date, so everyone will be available again.

Also, you may or may not need to copy your save files and rename them for this ROM. The internal name in the header is "Perfect Dark +" and the Product ID code now claims it as version 1.2, rather than 1.1. So you'll need to see how the saves work with your method of playing.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NICE Wreck! You put out some wicked creations brother

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, MultiX. Good to see you around again.

I've already chosen the next Classic map for a future release, and decided on a theme for it. Should be nice and fit in quite well with the rest. No spoilers, but I will say it is another level from GoldenEye's multiplayer. Who knows, they may all eventually receive the PD+ treatment...

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is fantastic! Being able to play against Dr. Carroll and the Skedar is great, and Dr. Carroll's death animation fits right in. I'm no fan of the Caves map, but I do prefer yours as the changes are for the better, and the atmosphere is better now it looks and so feels cold, so maybe when I play it more I'll grow to like it more.

But why are some of the team colour names not in English (i.e. Rot for Red)?

Anyway, thanks for this, though I do have one request (sorry!) - when you release the next version, could you maybe add weather effects to two of the single player levels? You wouldn't need to make any other changes to the single player (but since it's called PD +, then I'm assuming you might intend to do so eventually), and weather would be a great addition.

I mean, if there was rain in 1.1 DataDyne Defection, and 1.3 DataDyne Extraction, then you'd see the rain through the windows, and it would make the night feel stormy, and the game's atmopshere more tense.

Keep Chicago Stealth rainy, of course. And keep Air Base and Crash Site as they are. Just add rain to 1.1 and 1.3, if you can, please.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The team colours issue is actually to do with your save. Each team name starts out properly, and is copied out separately on first load. If you rename any team, it will save that way. This is actually a problem with the newest version of GE-X. I swapped around team Yellow and Blue, but their names will show them backwards. You need to physically go into the menu and update it yourself. Or, erase all your save data and begin a new. People will be talking about the team colours issue for a while, I think...

Adding more weather is easier said than done. It is handled not within the background, and only toggled on / off via setup file. The level and rooms are hardcoded. SubDrag had to do some special changes to get GE-X weather going properly. There's only so much space within the files. While it may look nice to rain outside the Lucerne Tower, I don't see a simple way to add it.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've begun some preliminary work on the next Classic map. It will probably take a while to get through, and I'll be returning to GE-X soon. I have good feelings about this one. It is the biggest change of the bunch, so far. It will still very much be the same level, but will look like a different one by the time it's finished. Perhaps I will share a preview image once something worthwhile is ready.

Oh, extremely minor note, the Stack also had catwalk edging added to it since the previous version in the 2x Weapons / No Reloads Plus patch. Was a detail Rare felt was important enough to include in Complex, so I followed them with it.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good mod! i got it working on my wii u and i'll post screens in a sec
also p.s im still working on the documentation for GE:X.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
The team colours issue is actually to do with your save. Each team name starts out properly, and is copied out separately on first load. If you rename any team, it will save that way. This is actually a problem with the newest version of GE-X. I swapped around team Yellow and Blue, but their names will show them backwards. You need to physically go into the menu and update it yourself. Or, erase all your save data and begin a new. People will be talking about the team colours issue for a while, I think...

OK, understood, thanks.

Quote:

Adding more weather is easier said than done. It is handled not within the background, and only toggled on / off via setup file. The level and rooms are hardcoded. SubDrag had to do some special changes to get GE-X weather going properly. There's only so much space within the files. While it may look nice to rain outside the Lucerne Tower, I don't see a simple way to add it.

Pity, but such is life (grumble... Wink )

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like the new update renamed as Perfect Dark Plus. The Caves level is awesome with snow and new lighting, and even seems better than the original GE.

Playing as a Skedar I love, and addiction of new characters seems a good way for the future of this patch.

A problem I have had is that when you choose a sim and then change the character of the sim to choose a Skedar and then press Start the game is blocked and the music continues (I use Project64 with Jabo 1.6.1).
Does anyone have the correct settings for the rom in Project64 ??

Another minor problem I usually have with this patch and some other PD patch is the blurrines effect (when you look at the sky it reflects thousands of times the last texture you looked at). And another problem is the use of cam-spy, Slayer, IR-scaner and night vision goggles I can not use them. This usually happens on all PD roms once a patch is applied. So my question is if this can be solved? Since the problem seems to occur in some step of the creation of a patch.

Hehe a Wreck spoiler? When you said that I thought in the Egypt level and that you would remodel it and you will put textures of some level Skedar. As if the Skedar had stormed the temple in the future and had shattered columns of the level.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I also have PJ64 freeze on me often, though it usually comes down to using the character select menu. It is almost as if it ends up with a memory overload, from all the models and textures being drawn. Here is what I would suggest doing...

Put together your player details. Your body/head combo, your controls and other options, and save it. Then, set up your custom game info. The level, scenario, options, game time / limits, weapons, and Simulants. Save it. If the match does not start, just reload the ROM, pick your player profile and game setup, then start. It *should* work, or at least have a far better chance. The faster you can do it, the greater your chance of success.

It may depend on your graphics plugin. You can update certain ones, like Glide, to fix the sky and other special screen styles (camera, Slayer, nightvision, etc).

That's not a half bad idea for Egypt, actually. I will have to remember that one. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: