ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Perfect Dark Plus...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beatlemaniac19
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Was wondering, are you interested in porting the reload animations from GoldenEye X to the classic guns in Perfect Dark +? Removing the ability to dual-wield the heavy weapons be good too. It would help to balance the game out because using double RCP90s is OP.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ummm... yo planeo buscar glitches de este mod, pero no se por donde empezar

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Last edited by Johnny Thunder on Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tought about that too, but tought if I really wanted it, it could be doable by myself. Would be a nice addition for sure.

Beatlemaniac19
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just a fan that knows nothing about programming so if it's doable and not complex then you have my support

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I never did animation modding yet, but nowadays with the editor, you can change content, setup of missions etc...without having a clue about programing.

You can extract datas from GE:X and import it into PD quite easily for most of the things. But well yes, if you're new to the scene, it's probably too hard to do for a start.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It would be fairly simple to implement (as the hard work has already been done), but I'd kind of like to keep them special to GoldenEye X. I did fix up some of the issues the Classic guns had in the original Perfect Dark (muzzle flashes, RPM, penetrative power, etc), but decided to maintain the "classic" reload scheme.

If anyone else wants to spend the time doing so for their own enjoyment, that's fine. If distributed, just make to include some recognition for Pavarini and myself, should our work be used (his animations, my model adjustments).

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As long as you credit GE:X it's cool with me.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, it seems as though SubDrag has come up with a way to allow both the Skedar and Dr. Caroll to use their own appropriate injury sound effect sets. I have not thoroughly tested to see if any side effects exist in the mission campaign yet, but they work well in Combat Simulator. Certainly makes a difference. Thanks again, Sub!

I'll try to upload some level preview pics tomorrow or Tuesday. I still have a few rooms untouched, and other aspects to think over. The floor is also driving me a bit batty, trying to keep it straight and uniform. Other than that, it is going pretty smoothly.

titchgamer
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, Just discovered this place and signed up Smile

I would really like to try this Perfect Dark + Mod out but when I click the link in the OP I can not seem to find it?

Is there a updated location to get it?

Thanks Smile

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://n64vault.com/pd-multi-levels:perfect-dark-plus

titchgamer
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
http://n64vault.com/pd-multi-levels:perfect-dark-plus

Thank you Smile

among the maniacs
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I love the picture of angry Dr. Carrol staring you down with Uzis in each hand. This is a very cool mod.

I have some questions though. Is there any way to make the Skedars and Dr. Carrol use their proper sound effects? They make human sounds when shot. Also, is there any way to make this work with other non-player characters like the Chicago sentry robot and the Skedar king? Would the robot's laser cannons work in multiplayer?

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

among the maniacs wrote:
I have some questions though. Is there any way to make the Skedars and Dr. Carrol use their proper sound effects? They make human sounds when shot. Also, is there any way to make this work with other non-player characters like the Chicago sentry robot and the Skedar king? Would the robot's laser cannons work in multiplayer?

It is possible to make one of them use the proper pain sounds, but it would replace Joanna's sounds. I guess it's also possible to make the other work as well, but then you'd have to replace one of the genders' sounds, too. I don't think anyone knows how to make whole new "gender" definitions or how to extend existing ones. Copying one of these "plus" characters over the original doesn't work, either.

Chicago bot and Skedar King? The bot would require someone to re-rig it like these two were and also require the creation of a new hand model. The Skedar King should require the same effort to be as accurate as the current "plus" skedar gets.

As for the laser cannons, I believe this would also need replacing an existing weapon. The bot uses the damage value of weapon 0x5A, which has its own Function. So, the weapon's damage can be recreated on a more modifiable weapon slot, but the firerate would be trickier to keep accurate to what's seen originally. Oh and also, the laser cannon would then have to be a weapon like any other, not permanently attached to a character.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: