ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Pat The NES Punk talks about his meeting with David Doak.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Extremist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Pat The NES Punk talks about his meeting with David Doak. Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QFtiUnPAEk

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very cool stuff. Thanks for sharing!

So maybe the blood splatter when shot was what was changed just prior to release? I would still love to know more about that aspect, with how the blood colour was almost cartoony and left unused.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I actually saw that when he first posted it and almost posted it in here - glad to see I wasn't the only one.

I had no idea that there was going to be different abilities for each of the different Bond characters. Was this common knowledge?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I find that a little tough to believe, but it is possible. First-Person perspective height would be different, for sure. But other things? You move at the same speed with all characters. I'm not sure how you could decide which actor would have greater accuracy, reload more quickly, or receive less damage. I almost feel he may be remembering ideas they thought of implementing, but didn't get to. Again, he knows better than I.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Another little interesting tidbit I didn't know - did you know that the folders at the beginning of the game are fully 3-d modeled?

See 5:24 in this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Reaz4aKYci8

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it is part of the PwalletbondZ prop model. It contains much of the menu folders. Definitely is intriguing that they designed it that way.

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps Multigen proved easier to use than making a sprite screen by hand.

That said, most things on the N64 are "3D" including 2D sprites. They all have verticies and triangles but no concept of depth, depth = 0, although DeltaZ is used to layer 2D sprites.

Trev

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: