ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Theoretically, the Cyclone would be possible in real life.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Theoretically, the Cyclone would be possible in real life. Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty sure we've all seen this animation, and are confused on how exactly the weapon stores things.

Well, I've decided a quick little theory on how this works, here's some minor things:

* Firstly, the thing swiped is not a mag of any sorts, but a speedloader. This'll make sense once you read everything.

* Assuming the large cylinder on the front, the cyclone is not a mag-fed weapon, but a cylinder-fed one, the casing is to protect it, I assume.

Secondly, here's my theory of what's happening:

* When you're sliding in the speedloader, it is pushing in the rounds inside the cylinder. I assume there's a gear-based grip on the loader that moves some sort of pusher inside the weapon.

* The pusher then loads the rounds in the cylinder. Whilst doing so, it rotates it for the next one. It also primes the cylinder to be ready to spin.

* Finally when it's done, pulling the trigger spins the cylinder around, as the top (I assume) is where the mechanism to fire rounds would be cycling.

This basically means that the Cyclone is more of a automatic revolver than a traditional weapon.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is there such a thing as something not possible ?
Time travel maybe, haha ?

The Extremist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's like a very compact minigun, with a clip in place of a belt, and the bullets stored in the barrels instead of fired immediately. The bullets must be awfully small to all fit in there, though.

Last edited by The Extremist on Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You know I always thought the same thing about that weapon, and also use to wonder about the true nature of the end of it, to me it'd make sense for it to be similar to the 36 barrel prototype gun (link below) and perhaps have a spiral mag.

But I also figured the bullets were small - you can see the "indentations" along the clip that's loaded in.

That gun:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EguCJXCm-1M

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: