ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Tool for randomising Goldeneye (new version Release 4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Narann wrote:
That looks cool! Is there a PAL version of this? Hacks are often NTSC and doesn't work on European real hardware. Sad

Your comment is technically incorrect.
Your TV does not accept PAL60, but the N64 is perfectly fine with NTSC.

Trevor

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah with everdrive I play all my games on NTSC-USA version, with a pal hardware and special S video cable. Works like a charm, always.

K1lo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just use the RF connection.. I should probably get something better.

With NTSC games I get a small black border on the left side which is weird but not a big deal

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey mate, I've just downloaded and tried to run the lastest release (version 4) but Avast! Antivirus said it was infected with malware, and deleted it. It's probably a false positive, all the more so since only 2 out of 63 scanners* said it was infected (Avast! and AVG), all of the others say it's clean), but Avast! is usually very good so just to be on the safe side, are you sure it's not infected?

Thanks.

* I uploaded it to [url]virustotal.com[/url], a great site that uses 63 different viruse detection engines to test any file you upload.

K1lo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

*sigh* yep it's a false positive.. not sure how I should correct this and even if I can be bothered frankly. Most of the time it's based on some heuristic scanning that highlights an API usage it doesn't like. Most AV is a joke anyway.

UPDATE : I submitted it to both Avast and AVG. I've not been through the sample submission process before so I don't know how quickly they will review and correct their opinions of the file. Meh, we shall see - at least it wasn't a long winded process.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

K1lo wrote:
*sigh* yep it's a false positive.. not sure how I should correct this and even if I can be bothered frankly. Most of the time it's based on some heuristic scanning that highlights an API usage it doesn't like. Most AV is a joke anyway.

UPDATE : I submitted it to both Avast and AVG. I've not been through the sample submission process before so I don't know how quickly they will review and correct their opinions of the file. Meh, we shall see - at least it wasn't a long winded process.

OK, thanks mate.

K1lo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

VirusTotal is pretty good at quickly analysing against all the latest definitions. I ran the test again and both AVG and Avast now give it a clean bill of health...

.. except now TrendMicro doesn't like it.

Meh 2->1 is progress. I'm not planning on spending more time chasing AV vendors, I'd sooner spend that time adding new features for the next release Very Happy

For reference, here's the VirusTotal link for the R4 release.

axemunger
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I've been trying to get this to work for a while but I just can't get it to work, I keep getting an error saying "Unable to use byteswapped ROM!"
I really don't know what I'm doing, so it knida baffles me why there's no how to guide to help newbies like me to set it up

So how do I get this to work?

Graslu
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

axemunger wrote:
Hi, I've been trying to get this to work for a while but I just can't get it to work, I keep getting an error saying "Unable to use byteswapped ROM!"
I really don't know what I'm doing, so it knida baffles me why there's no how to guide to help newbies like me to set it up

You're using the wrong ROM. Try getting a NTSC U .z64 ROM.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Graslu00
Discord: https://discord.gg/tksttVC

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

axemunger wrote:

N64 roms are available in two formats, bite-swapped and unbite-swapped (also known as big-endian, and small-endian/little-endian). They both contain the same data, but are laid out differently in the file. Some programs, emulators, and hardware devices can use either format (the Everdrive 64 doesn't care, for example, it can use either type), but others (such as patcher programs) often can only use one type.

If you need a game rom that's byteswapped but you only have one that isn't (or vice versa), then you can very easily convert the one you have.

Simply download Tool64 from https://www.zophar.net/utilities/n64aud/tool-n64.html

extract it to a folder on your PC (such as C:\Tool64)

open that folder, run tool64.exe, and open the game rom, then highlight the rom in the program window, and click the left to right arrow, which will make the rom 'Big endian'. To make it "Little endian", just use the other arrow.

For more information about N64 programs and hacked games, have a look at:

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?board=4.0

twotonedearly
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey all. I'm new here and wanted to check this randomizer mod for Goldeneye. It looks great though for some reason the game lags like crazy when I load it in project64. strange thing is the normal game loads without a problem. Not sure what's going on though in the rom list the randomized rom is shown as a bad mod

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When you right-click and "Edit Game Settings" for each, do you see the options match for the two games? That's all I can think of that'd slow the game down.
Depending on the version of Project 64, you might need Show Advance Settings to see.

twotonedearly
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lazlo52 wrote:
When you right-click and "Edit Game Settings" for each, do you see the options match for the two games? That's all I can think of that'd slow the game down.
Depending on the version of Project 64, you might need Show Advance Settings to see.

Thanks, that did the trick!

Mr. Bond
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello,
gotta say, it works great on my PAL N64 + PAL Everdrive, but i had to unlock Runaway manually since Facility didnt load whenever i tried it, aside from that, great fun to be had so far.
Cheers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: