ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daniel316
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Question Reply with quote Back to top

Would it be possible to make control into a multiplayer map? I know its big but its a giant circle and you can remove doors and mainframes because they just eat up memory anyway if someone answers that would be cool just a thought I had

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It always had performance issues in GoldenEye when trying to make it into a functional multiplayer map. Between the framerate and blackouts (where parts of the level do not render), it never really worked out well. The main control room area itself is quite complex. Lots of rooms, portals, and special visibility commands. So for at least the foreseeable future, I'd say no for Control making it into the multiplayer portion of the game.

daniel316
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Question Reply with quote Back to top

I see so what was the answer for depot? And when your playing control via co op will it be two people protecting natalya?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, that would be up to the players. Both players in coop could protect Natalya, making it a little easier to keep guards away from her, or one of them could be going after the armoured mainframes to cut down on time. It's really up to the team to decide how they want to take on the mission.

Depot is another slow, laggy level. Just take a wander around in coop mode to see how it plays. Because of the way Rareware designed the stage, the roller doors can't close the portal that is between the exterior and interior of each warehouse. This causes more stuff to be loaded, and is harder on the performance. The stage would require heavy alteration to correct this, and it's difficult to estimate just how much it will help.

daniel316
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Question Reply with quote Back to top

Okay so what about runway? Its small but long and straight forward maybe it would be to simple I would suggest surface 1 but its probably to big for multiplayer idk what do you guys think? Also is there going to be a bond invisible cheat?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You'll use the cloaking device, which in one way is better than the original GoldenEye cheat. Many missions you could not complete in GE when invisible, since an actor you had to converse with could not react to your presence. With the cloaking device, you can deactivate it when near those special characters. It's also not completely outside the realm of the Bond universe, as 007's car had a cloak in Die Another Day. And that may be one of the last times I refer to that particular film...

daniel316
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Question Reply with quote Back to top

Okay but I don't like being visible to enemy's when I attack because they still shoot at you as if you were still there. So what about surface?

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Because of the way Rareware designed the stage, the roller doors can't close the portal that is between the exterior and interior of each warehouse. This causes more stuff to be loaded, and is harder on the performance.

Interesting, if you use the MCM and use display bars and no collisions a different result is shown.

If you run at those doors, your view is BGColour for a fraction of a second until the room is loaded, this is backed up by the bars reducing to 1 frame (60fps) then once the room loads, jumping back up to 4 frames (15fps)

even better, turning props off shows the portals in action

Trev

daniel316
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Question Reply with quote Back to top

Would surface be to big for multiplayer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: