ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

How can i change the Moonraker Laser trail color?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuctorUbiytsa (Ducc)
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: How can i change the Moonraker Laser trail color? Reply with quote Back to top

So i'm modifying GoldenEye for my first time, with some friends, and we want to convert the Moonraker Laser to the Fox's blaster from Super Smash Bros. And with that we need to change the blue laser trail color to a red color. Any way to do that?.

DuctorUbiytsa (Ducc)
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, i've found the file to do that in some research and comparisons between the original non-modded ROM and a ROM for Alfredo Lamberra by SilverEye, because this modification has a green laser trial on it.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I believe it's a texture you can edit (early on in list, I think). SubDrag had to take some time to figure out the image type when working on Goldfinger 64, since he changed the laser colour to (classified). You can probably save that texture as a bitmap, alter the colouration to red, save the new file, then replace the original by choosing the correct type to insert it as. Worse comes to worst, SubDrag can likely help out.

And welcome to the message boards! I look forward to seeing what you and your friends come up with. Smile

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In general I would like to know how they are or how to locate the textures of the firing rays of each of the weapons. I searched the editor in the Model editor part and chose any of the available weapons, but I do not know what texture belongs to each of its parts. some textures I can guess that they can be the flash that makes a weapon in particular and I think it is composed of four textures. Can these textures of the weapons' rays appear in black? if so, explain how you can edit, for example, the coloring or drawing within the texture and what program of image editing recommend ?. I would like to be able to edit things like the color, thickness and length of the beam of the weapons. Thank you.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tracers are not part of the weapon model

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry Pavarini, but who is a Tracer? a Tracer is the beam of a weapon? If so, do you know where to find the textures of these tracers? I would like to locate them. Thank you.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Presets 0850 and 0857 of the image editor.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Pavarini. I think I only see 2 textures that use lightning, and they are the textures that you have told me. There are only 2 types of textures for all the rays that are used for most GE weapons? Most weapons use a different beam thickness and length each weapon. then in which part of the editor the length and thickness of a ray is modified individually for each of the weapons?

What are the textures that go from the Preset 0826 to the Preset 0840? Are the small smoke balls that form when a bullet hits a surface and this smoke almost immediately disbands? And the small ball that accompanies each of these textures is a mini-explosion?

by the way do you know the Presets or textures for PD?

Thank you.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think he was wrong about the vast majority of weapons using a different beam thickness and length. it seems to me that most of the weapons use the same thickness and length of lightning, this is because they only use the 0850 texture used by the vast majority of weapons. Moonreaker Laser and Watch Laser both use the same texture 0857. I have been able to paint on the textures with paint, since I do not know how to change the tonality of a texture (I still have to learn about programs and what to do with programs to modify textures), so we do not do much more, but for the moment it seems enough to see that there is a small change.

The question I am asking myself is whether really the GE and PD weapons can each use a different beam texture? for example can the PP7 be made to use a single beam texture and the PP7-Silenced use a different beam texture? if this is how individual textures can be made for each of the weapons?

By the way, it seems to me that I found the textures of the rays in PD.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: