ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Intro block weapon set numbers - what are they for?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K1lo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Intro block weapon set numbers - what are they for? Reply with quote Back to top

As per the title, what's with the set numbers in the intro blocks for weapons and ammo?

Seems to me maybe at some point there was a way of switching starting load out, presumably based on the difficulty. However I've never seen this happen in the game.

The most surprising one is Facility:

Set 0:
Weapons: PP7 Silenced, Remote Mines, Detonator
Ammo: 9mm x 100

Set 1:
Weapons: PP7 Silenced, Remote Mines, Detonator (same as 0)
Ammo: No entries

Set 2:
Weapons: KF7
Ammo: No entries

So.. am I missing anything? Is this 'set' functionality used elsewhere that I haven't spotted yet?

EDIT1: Another mystery, Dam has the following:

Set 0:
Weapons: PP7 Silenced, Bug
Ammo: 9mm x 100, Bug x 1

Set 1:
Weapons: KF7, Bug
Ammo: Rifle x 100, Bug x1

Set 2:
Weapons: Sniper Rifle
Ammo: Rifle x 100

So this blows away my theory that each level just uses the equipment in Set '0' - Dam appears to use 0 + 2.

EDIT2: My theory that different sets were for different difficulties seems to make more sense when you look at the starting equipment for Bunker 1:

Set 0:
Weapons: PP7 Silenced, Key Analyser, Camera, Data Thief
Ammo: 9mm x 100, Beta (Unknown2 - camera?) x 10

Set 1:

Set 2:
Ammo: Rifle x 100, 9mm x 100

Perhaps on harder difficulties you would have had to find the equipment in the level rather that just being given it to begin with.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The sets (beyond 00) are for the "demos" that play if you let the game sit. 00 is for the normal level.

K1lo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
The sets (beyond 00) are for the "demos" that play if you let the game sit. 00 is for the normal level.

Ahh that's interesting.. shame. I liked my theory Laughing

Does that mean the game attract demos only are on some levels? It's been a very very long time since I left it running long enough to see the demos..

K1lo wrote:
Set 0:
Weapons: PP7 Silenced, Bug
Ammo: 9mm x 100, Bug x 1

Set 1:
Weapons: KF7, Bug
Ammo: Rifle x 100, Bug x1

Set 2:
Weapons: Sniper Rifle

So this blows away my theory that each level just uses the equipment in Set '0' - Dam appears to use 0 + 2.

Brain fail.. of course you don't pick up the sniper until after starting the level.. d'oh!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The demos only show for certain levels, and often have multiple different ones each. Zoinkity had actually come up with a way to "record" your own. I think it's all button input related. The GE Setup Editor may support it in the Game Configuration menu. You'd have to check it out, or see if see if somebody can explain it further.

In Perfect Dark, the values are used to determine teams. That way the game knows the difference between each team briefcase, and where the team members spawn.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To record you use Zoinkity's ram rom patch which works brilliantly.

http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=200

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We could make a contest, see who can come up with the best demos, because those from Rare a kinda lame.

Once I've think to use a TAS and record the Control scene where you protect Natalya, so you can see Bond kill all the enemies as soon as they appear.
This could be laughable and impressive to see.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to derail thread , but I seen a Youtube of that some years ago , input playback on flash cartridge , a Super Mario 64 TAS I thinks

I am dying to know , what do I need to play these back ? Besides a 64drive

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, Zoinkity came up with a "Smart Spawns" patch, which gave more uses for this setting. It allows you to designate the spawns by player or difficulty. So you could create a different start point for 00 Agent mode, sort of like Villa in Perfect Dark, or keep players spawning within their own zones. Inventory also is affected, so you can give out special objective based equipment per difficulty level, rather than always having it, even when unneeded.

http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=51

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is that a function that is available for every level you would want on Perfect Dark ?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it is for Perfect Dark, yes. Since your actual start point can either be a pad, or if you get more fancy, an animation. You see, in PD missions, the start pad is actually used by player 2 in coop mode. Player 1 is positioned through an animation, which is used in the introduction video. Wherever Joanna's final animation frame is located, is where P1 will begin. That's how you can start in two different possible locations in Villa and Air Force One. AFO uses an EEPROM check to see how you completed Air Base, while Villa tests for difficulty setting.

Technical note: if no animation places Joanna in a new spot, P1 will spawn at the set pad. P2 will spawn within proximity of that pad.

The character costume / arm change in Villa is hardcoded, and can be adjusted in the PD Game Configuration menu.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, so, while it sounds like a good idea to put the start point at the location of the last frame of animation, it require then more knowledge to polish a map on Perfect Dark :p

Seem we learned a lot by the work done on the introduction of Air Base.
Thanks for all those infos Wreck.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you were to use an animation for Joanna, the final frame will be where Jo begins her mission (these animations are exact locations in the map). If that's the case, the start pad should be positioned for where Velvet (your human coop partner) should be. You can use an action block to position P2 at the start, as I did in GE-X in a few instances, but that's only because P1 uses the start pad, and P2 spawns close by... and not always where you'd prefer them to be.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: