ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Difficulty Setting Above 00 Agent...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Difficulty Setting Above 00 Agent... Reply with quote Back to top

Obviously the game has three stock difficulty settings (Agent, Secret, and 00), plus the customizable 007 mode. There are (either crazy, or insanely skilled) players out there who max out all the enemy stats in what is refered to as DLTK mode. A setup that turns regular guards into crackshots with a high tolerance to pain and golden bullets. For many players, this is simply too much. A frustrating experience, which leaves some banging their heads off the walls, and busted controllers littering the junkyard.

So, my question is, could we actually determine what the next logical difficulty setting would be after 00 Agent? By looking at the in game data, to see how much those stats increase between each difficulty, and apply that information to either ROM hack 00 Agent harder, or simply adjust 007 mode manually (if that can cover all aspects). That way, players can attack a harder setting, without it feeling impossible.

I know your collected ammo also gets lower as the difficulty goes up, but I feel dropping it yet again would be too drastic. The increased health on enemies will eat up your bullets, leaving you unarmed on a regular basis. Heck, I find myself with ammo issues on Cradle 00 Agent as it is. If I had even less, I doubt I could beat it.

K1lo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I love the idea, but honestly I'm not sure if there is a logical step beyond 00 Agent mode. Especially on later levels enemies really become bullet magnets to the point where the game really becomes challenging.

I enjoy playing 007 mode and tweaking things randomly, however I normally reduce enemy health to ~50% and just increase everything. Sometimes when I'm feeling particularly masochistic I set enemy damage to 1000% Razz

What's DLTK? I've not heard of that before.

Also - I agree with not reducing ammo further. 10 bullet drops are pretty punishing later on. What would be the next logical step? 20->15->10 .. 5? Shocked

123 Kid
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Golden Agent? Its virtually the only name I could come up with, it makes sense given the name of the game, and also the implication of golden. You are completing every mission to achieve a "gold" status.

Maybe the way to unlock Golden Agent would be to complete all missions in Agent, Secret Agent and 00 agent under specific times? I mean specific times would unlock cheats, so why not allow specific times to unlock the grandest and most difficult, maybe even near impossible difficulty mode in the game.

Oh and you also have to complete every mission using only throwing knives. Razz

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If players can complete every mission with maxed settings on 007 mode (Dark License To Kill), than it's possible for even lesser skilled people to beat a level like Caverns on an upgraded 00 Agent difficulty. Though I do imagine it could be quite strenuous at times.

I don't picture it as an added setting, but a possible replacement of 00 Agent, or just 007 mode value tweaks. I am not sure what all goes into it, though. It may need to be a ROM hack, should 007 mode not feature enough elements to make it a full step up.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To me, there's one very important rule : if a headshot doesn't kill the enemy, then I don't bother playing. It's just too unrealistic and not fun at all.

I remember it was something I was looking forward for PD, and was glad there was not a single enemy in the campaign like that (beside Trent for the story, and the Shield made sense and was use only in a mission or two).

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The NME taking three headshots in 00 Agent pist me off too

It's dogshiit

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, there have been cases of people surviving being shot in the head. Really depends on the caliber and location. Some even end up recovering well. But I do know what you mean. When it takes over two rounds in the head to kill them, it can get frustrating.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, if there's one thing GoldenEye never tried to be...it was realistic. I think it would be interesting to go one more level. But I would include ammo so it's truly 007 Agent...

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I guess it would be worth trying with lesser ammo, but I feel it might be the main thing that makes it seem somewhat unfair. While the guards will require more bullets to take down, you'll have access to less. I can picture defending Natalya in Control to be the real test of that.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Some have recovered from a headshot, but not in 0.5 seconds !
It's especially awful to play with pistols on that case, worst if enemy have armor that makes them not trigger animations.

I do love playing using pistols so much ^^

Beside that hardcore mode, I believe there's also one where they put every settings at max, beside enemy health, so it's very hard, but enemies dies like with "Multiplayer Licence to kill", which IMHO is more interesting, fun, and playable.

Beside this if played with PD IAs reactions, lots of missions would become harder. I did try to imagine quite a few time how Control would play with them shooting from the first foor over guardrails. Maybe it wouldn't even be fun at all.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think LTK "License to Kill" mode in missions is maxing out all the settings on guards (accuracy, damage and reaction speed), but reducing their health to zero. This makes them extremely dangerous, but can be killed more easily. Standard guards with a single bullet. So it's like the multiplayer scenario of the same name. A very interesting mode, which is sort of like a quick draw, where whomever fires first lives to tell the tale.

https://rankings.the-elite.net/goldeneye/ltk

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I found something that may be helpful in Zoinkity's GE documentation. Unfortunately, I don't understand what it is I am looking at, so maybe someone else can make some sense of it.

In ROM
F3400 - 7F0BE8D0
set settings based on difficulty - called constantly

Is this for guards and their attributes per difficulty level?

Also...

D9398 - 7F0A4918
initialize difficulty multipliers

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Also from his doc, dynamically set per level.
8002CE40 difficulty: (float) AI accuracy modifier
8002CE44 difficulty: (float) AI damage multiplier (value * AI's weapon damage)
8002CE48 difficulty: (float) AI "health" multiplier - damage done by player per shot
8002CE4C difficulty: (float) ???
8002CE50 difficulty: (float) ???

80030B14 difficulty: (float) ???
80030B18 difficulty: (float) ???
80030B1C difficulty: (float) ???
80030B20 difficulty: (float) ???
80030B24 difficulty: (float) ???
80030B28 difficulty: (float) ammo multiplier

On quick looking on how it's set...basically 00 Agent/007 Agent is at 1.0 setting. Agent and Secret Agent make it easier.

Probably easiest to try via GS codes first to get right setting.

On quick look, here's some initial values it sets relating to multipliers:

Agent
7F0BE948/7F0BE968 4000
7F0BE970 3F00
7F0BE9C4 3E80
7F0BE9D8 3FC0

Secret Agent
7F0BEA08 3F40
7F0BEA10 3F80
7F0BEA18 3F00
7F0BEA70 3FC0

00 Agent
7F0BEA94 3F80

Maybe best way to try this 007 Agent mode, is to take agent mode, and flip the values over 3F80. Well might be too hard, something like that Like:

Agent Mode
7F0BE968 7F0BE948 3F00 ROM F3498 F3478
7F0BE970 4000 ROM F34A0
7F0BE9C4 4080 ROM F34F4
7F0BE9D8 3F2A ROM F3508

MRKane

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible to do the difficulty increase in a more "modern" way? For instance I read a discussion on Doom 4 about how particular mixes of enemies made the engagements more challenging. In Goldeneye this might be mixing armoured shotgun enemies with ones further back that have rifles thusly removing much of the strategic movement the player has within the situation.

The other thing you could do instead of limiting ammo is limiting weapons (is there a "no drop" flag on the enemies) so that the player is constantly outclassed that way.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes it's possible. In the mod I'm working on, armor will only spawn if the player is below 30% health, as well as randomly removing guards for the next few areas. I also have guards to change their reaction speed depending on the players health+difficulty settings.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: