ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

New multiplayer map pack!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coockie1173
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: New multiplayer map pack! Reply with quote Back to top

Hello everyone!

Welcome to Shapes and Colours, a new multiplayer map pack, completely designed by me!

All maps are playable, eventho some dont have portals.
-----------------------
New maps:
Maze
Base
Shapes (fav)
Halls
Shoots
Bridge
Pit
Hightower
-----------------------
Short introduction + image off the maps:

Maze
Its what the title states: a big, maze.

Base
An underground base.

Shapes
The first map I made for this project, a little map, suggested for 2 players.

Halls
Blue halls

Shoots
Now this is a special one. Instead off having the weapon sets, you spawn with a silenced pp7 in a small arena.
The person with the most kills, obviously wins!

Bridge
A small map, with a bridge over it!

Pit
A weird, but still fun map. Bit off a concept I worked out. The spawns might be messed up, but it's a rare happening. No screenshot Sad

Hightower
Last but not least, we have hightower.
This 2D RPG type map, has a huge tower in the middle, great for sniping!

-----------------------
The programs I used to make these maps are:
Sketchup (because i can't work with blender)
the GoldenEye setup editor
-----------------------

Special thanks to the graslu discord.
Also special thanks to SubDrag for making this possible!

Current download: http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=344
Enjoy.

------------------------------
Contact me:
discord: Coockie1173#8187

K1lo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey those look really cool!! I'm particularly interested in how you did them with Sketchup as I had only seen tutorials with Hammer until now.

Is there a guide you followed or did you work it out as you went along?

Great work Smile

Coockie1173
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

K1lo wrote:
Hey those look really cool!! I'm particularly interested in how you did them with Sketchup as I had only seen tutorials with Hammer until now.

Is there a guide you followed or did you work it out as you went along?

Great work Smile

Well, I used SubDrags old tutorials actually! The rooms where also done in sketchup (make component -> room01, 02, etc..). The importing itself was done with this tutorial: click me

The clipping was done in the editor, and the portals where done in sketchup. All by all it isn't as hard as you would expect. Just make sure when using textures, your triangles (yes, everything has to be a triangle) are all small enough so they don't stretch out Very Happy .

Contact me:

K1lo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah interesting.. I hadn't read that one as I just focused on Hammer. I really want to make a level at some point but have been put off up until now by the perceived time investment. Maybe after I get a version of Janus out that I'm reasonably happy with I can start tinkering with levels once again.

Shame GE doesn't have bots as I'd love to try your new levels but not much fun solo Rolling Eyes

Coockie1173
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

K1lo wrote:
Ah interesting.. I hadn't read that one as I just focused on Hammer. I really want to make a level at some point but have been put off up until now by the perceived time investment. Maybe after I get a version of Janus out that I'm reasonably happy with I can start tinkering with levels once again.

Shame GE doesn't have bots as I'd love to try your new levels but not much fun solo Rolling Eyes

Yea thats annoying that they don't have bots. Maybe find someone to netplay with :p

Contact me:

K1lo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Coockie1173 wrote:

Yea thats annoying that they don't have bots. Maybe find someone to netplay with :p

Ha, I've been meaning to try that.. I'm a bit of a purist. I only have one Adaptoid so I only play single player in emulation. For everything else there's my Everdrive Very Happy

Coockie1173
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

K1lo wrote:
Coockie1173 wrote:

Ha, I've been meaning to try that.. I'm a bit of a purist. I only have one Adaptoid so I only play single player in emulation. For everything else there's my Everdrive Very Happy

you can use mupen64++ for netplay. It works quite well!

Contact me:

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I LOVE Shoots how there's no more cheap kills to unarmed !!

And Pit was hilarious it hanged once but next try worked !! One respawn I ended up inside other player !!!

This is such a treat on the real thing very fast loads+framerate but yup easy to get lost and know where walls are !!!!

Coockie1173
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mistamontiel wrote:
I LOVE Shoots how there's no more cheap kills to unarmed !!

I'm glad you loved it!

mistamontiel wrote:
And Pit was hilarious it hanged once but next try worked !! One respawn I ended up inside other player !!!

I must say: pit is a bit weird with the falling and respawning. But im still happy you found it hilarious. Warping back up the pit is also fun to do, trust me, I've done it before.

mistamontiel wrote:
This is such a treat on the real thing very fast loads+framerate but yup easy to get lost and know where walls are !!!!

Tell me which walls in which levels and I'll do something about it!

Contact me:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: