ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

New to Goldeneye hacking, GS question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milosz006
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: New to Goldeneye hacking, GS question Reply with quote Back to top

is it possible to enable random spawns/weapon placement/flag location with a Gameshark?

Milosz006
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a help forum I'm missing or do people here just not like me? T_T

I'm trying to download the codes from my Gameshark using this guide, however I get to the part where I'm waiting for the codes to transfer and it never seems to happen. I deleted almost all my GS codes (83% free) and it is either taking forever or the program is crashing.

Does anyone have a GS template text file I can use? I don't care about replacing my GS codes already on there, I've got all the codes I want to add ready to go in another text file. Help plz! Sad

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Milosz006 wrote:

Not at all, just give it some time and someone will hopefully answer your question.

Trevor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just because you don't get an immediate response, doesn't mean people are ignoring you.
Ive been waiting on zoink replying for a month hahaha, these things just take time.Rolling Eyes

For my part, I'm a Hardware/GBI person, Ive never fully understood gameshark although Sub enlightened me the other night to the fact that the long string of numbers actually refers to an address and the value to change it to using either 8 or 16 bits at a time.

Trev

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Milosz006 wrote:

The problem is, even though this forum is partly a forum for N64 hackers, most of us don't actually know how to hack or anything, we just like playing the hacks that other members make, and talking about them and other N64 related stuff.

So please don't feel ignored, it's just if most of us (myself included, sadly Embarassed) did reply, then the reply would just be "Sorry, no idea", which wouldn't help you much!

There are some very knowledgeable people on here though, and no doubt they will help you, it's just that there's not too many of them and they're likely busy with other things for much of the time (unfortunately - if I was rich I'd pay them to finish Goldeneye X, and Goldfinger 64, and also to make more improvements to my favourite ever game, Perfect Dark).

Anyway, welcome to the forum mate, and if you haven't already, then you might want to try Goldeneye X (http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=202) and other hacks for Perfect Dark and Goldeneye. For most of them though, you'll need a flash cartridge (I'd recommend the Everdrive 64) or an emulator to play them, as they're too complex for a Gameshark.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

By random, do you just want the spawns and weapons to be reordered in a level? So the pattern of spawns becomes different, and where you once found a KF7 it may now be the PP7 in the Golden Gun loadout?

The problem is, that they all use a predetermined position on the map called a pad. One needs to be set for each spawn point, weapon, ammo box, armour and flag. As far as I am aware, there is no simple way (especially with a GameShark) to randomize their locations. I ran into issues before trying to alter the position of weapons / ammo in Perfect Dark, based on what weapon loadout is in use. Once I picked them up, they would not respawn afterward.

So short answer is no, unfortunately.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It has been 10+ years since I last did any gameshark goldeneye hacking, so I'm a little rusty, but here goes....

Regarding weapon placement/respawn locations, there are two things the gameshark can do:

1 - change the preset assigned to the weapon or respawn point to another pre-existing preset within the stage.

2 - change the coordinates of the preset in question, essentially moving the preset to somewhere else in the stage.

That is about all you can do with a gameshark to move presets; otherwise, there is no way I'm aware of to make them truly random. There may theoretically be ways to use gameshark codes to modify the intro block to add more respawn points, but I'm not sure on that one.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:
Milosz006 wrote:

So please don't feel ignored, it's just if most of us (myself included, sadly Embarassed) did reply, then the reply would just be "Sorry, no idea", which wouldn't help you much!

True. "OMG WTF are you speaking of and how many centuries did it took for you to figure this". You're aliens! " is something I could post on every topic where people speak about the technical things, programmation and such.

Milosz006
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
By random, do you just want the spawns and weapons to be reordered in a level? So the pattern of spawns becomes different, and where you once found a KF7 it may now be the PP7 in the Golden Gun loadout?

The problem is, that they all use a predetermined position on the map called a pad. One needs to be set for each spawn point, weapon, ammo box, armour and flag. As far as I am aware, there is no simple way (especially with a GameShark) to randomize their locations. I ran into issues before trying to alter the position of weapons / ammo in Perfect Dark, based on what weapon loadout is in use. Once I picked them up, they would not respawn afterward.

So short answer is no, unfortunately.

darn. I did have success with editing Natalya and Xenia to "vanilla" characters (two alternate versions of 007/006) so that all 4 players default to characters of average height.

Since I couldn't get my cable working I had to manually enter in the codes for 2 (of my 25 planned ;d) custom weapon sets, those seemed to work perfectly.

I am using the "Standard Settings" code from Goldeneye Forever and am I correct that the LTK setting under the health submenu isn't true LTK? It didn't seem to be working properly

Milosz006
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EDIT: apparently my problem with copying codes off of my Gameshark was that I just wasn't patient enough, it takes a reaaaaaally long time. Currently uploading 26 custom weapon sets to my GS Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: