ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Runway Back coming soon 20th A.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Garabuyo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Runway Back coming soon 20th A. Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,

In a couple of days I will upload the full level of Runway back to GoldenEye Vault. Before that I need finish some details as Illumination and fix one thing of clipping.

The 98% of buildings of the old Runway version are walkable without problems and this level is fitted respect the original level and Facility.

I haven´t enought time to conclude the level with AI, add objects, objectives and other complex things for me. I left this level to complete the history (and their texts) for anyone to colaborate to finish it.

Special thanks for Sogun, Subdrag and the rest of ussers for the help and
patience.

Thanks in advance and enjoy it with those spoilers:

http://bf4stats.com:8601/ps4/Garabuyo

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I especially like the showers

Garabuyo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AL64inthedark wrote:
I especially like the showers

Thank you but I need correct the transparency ^^.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't know how you wen with the texture but maybe replacing the white part with pure black will make that part transparent automatically.

Garabuyo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AL64inthedark wrote:
Don't know how you wen with the texture but maybe replacing the white part with pure black will make that part transparent automatically.

Yes. I make transparencies with photoshop. In the Channel alpha I can define the transparency area respect of the opaque area.

Opaque = white

Transparent = black

In concrete types of texture is possible make levels of transparency using grey tones.

K1lo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow this is looking really cool! When I was playing Goldeneye twenty years ago I remember dreaming about what was behind some of those closed doors on Runway so it's very cool the map is being expanded. Very Happy Very Happy

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now you know...
There are nude men showering.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HOLY...! OH CRAP! YOU PRETTY GOOD! VERY GOOD! GOLDENEYE MAKES ME FEEL GOOD!

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alpha textures don't need to be black.
You do however need to have a specific colour that you can apply transparency to within the editor, so using magic pink might be useful for importing, then you use the image tools, select the texture, edit pallet, click magic pink, make it white and click transparent (or remove alpha, I cant remember which)

That way when the N64 does bi-linear filtering you don't get dark edges to transparency.

Your layout does look good, just remember to use the lighting tool before releasing.

I would suggest maybe adding a grimy overlay to the showers to explain why no one wants to use them hahaha

Trev

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I often have problem with transparency on black and white images, I mean to have clean boundaries. You can't add pink to them. Neither open the palette window.
Quote:

I would suggest maybe adding a grimy overlay to the showers to explain why no one wants to use them hahaha

I'll come up with a nude male model someday because I planned that for a map Laughing

K1lo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Might end up looking similar to this picture I posted on a different thread here back in 2012 Laughing

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AL64inthedark wrote:
I often have problem with transparency on black and white images, I mean to have clean boundaries. You can't add pink to them. Neither open the palette window.
Quote:

I'll come up with a nude male model someday because I planned that for a map Laughing

If you mean greyscale then no, you cant add colour to them, but they are a different type and have a different creative process.

First you have to choose if you want alpha at all?
If so do you want to only have silhouette or do you want details and silhouette or just gradient alpha?
If you want a simple silhouette you can use 4bit IA and use black and white.
If you want gradients again use 4bitIA and use grey values
If you want details then you have a choice, 4bitIA 3/1 where wholey transparent regions are alpha, or 8bit IA where you essentially have 2 4bit I textures, one for grey details and one for gradiented transparency.

If you have a colour texture, that's where I meant you can use magic pink.
The old method was to simply translate black as transparent, but now all colours are valid and you can assign the "transparent" colour via editor.

Trev

Garabuyo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AL64inthedark wrote:
Now you know...
There are nude men showering.

Yes. I tought the same idea like you when I was developing the bathrooms. My intention was creating a little diference idea that before. All humans except animals have showers in their homes. For example... It´s the same idea like the bathrooms in football team...or jails...

I created Bedrooms and It is a little innovation respect to the original game...

And I added an Hangar (another Innovation like the nude bathrooms) Wink

I am a dirty mind like you (And other users) but the primary idea is create new concepts with a litle of humor...

Thank you for all. Regards.

Reedited. x2

Last edited by Garabuyo on Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:24 pm; edited 3 times in total

Garabuyo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AL64inthedark wrote:

Yes of course. I did it with helicopter but It was a error that I left for the end of developing. This is the process for correct this error.

Your reply is apreciated.

1º In Photoshop we need to go to "Channels" and then we need to create a new channel. In this Channel the area in white will be opaque and the area in black will be transparent. In concrete situations we have a levels of transparency. There´s not the case.

2º Constrast the aplha channel with the RBG channel. It was OK.

3º Select the correct format of the texture for a good perfomance in game.

4º Looking the final results.

AL64inthedark wrote:

Nice. Thank you.

Garabuyo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

K1lo wrote:
Wow this is looking really cool! When I was playing Goldeneye twenty years ago I remember dreaming about what was behind some of those closed doors on Runway so it's very cool the map is being expanded. Very Happy Very Happy

I feel the same in 1998 in this level and ohters.

Sometimes dreams become true.

Thank you.

Johnny Thunder wrote:
HOLY...! OH CRAP! YOU PRETTY GOOD! VERY GOOD! GOLDENEYE MAKES ME FEEL GOOD!

Thank you x 10^6

K1lo wrote:
Might end up looking similar to this picture I posted on a different thread here back in 2012 Laughing

A lot of fun XD

Last edited by Garabuyo on Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: