ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Goldfinger 64 Released!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was already planning speedrun routes for agent. Dunno if they'll actually be viable or not as I'm not on console.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N9ABJiKvNU

Proof-of-concept speedrun of Miami Agent with the mouse injector, got a whooping 2:01 with this. (Ignore the best time, it's from the GE save that was with the 1964 build)

Many things can be improved, though, and running on console would probably result in slower time due to no injector.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone contacted Martin Hollis, David Doak, Steve Ellis, Karl Hilton, Ken Lobb, etc to see if they've played this yet? It would be great to hear what they think of it, though I know that some people who work in the games industry never play games, or care about anything they've made in the past (to them it's just a job, pure and simple), so individually, any of them might not care, I suppose.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

David Doak has posted about GoldFinger 64 on Twitter, dunno if he has played it yet.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

David Doak wrote:
Sep 16
It's Slappers Only! for Bond and Oddjob in the stunning box art. #GoldenEye007 #Goldfinger64 @SubDrag

Martin Hollis wrote:
Respect to the goons who have created a new Nintendo 64 game: Goldfinger 007.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SilverEye wrote:
the overhearing scene of operation Grand Slam from the basement, which I felt was 100% visually accurate to the movie.

This one was so much fun to setup. I spent more time perfecting that scene than I did on the rest of the mission. It's almost a shame you're stuck watching it from Bond's perspective and can skip most of it, but that's true to GoldenEye.

One of the intro cameras for that mission is right out of the movie, too.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah that part is very well done. I like how you can take a look around because the "little house" you're looking from is transparent. Exact recreation of the movie scene.

MRKane

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I finally got the time to sit down and play it on my lonesome, had about 10 minutes to spare and no more in front of my N64 Smile

First off I'm floored even by the opening sequence, but very quickly ran into issues as the clock was painfully short for me and I didn't even have the time to complete the first level Sad Is there any possibility of getting a patch version that has all the levels unlocked as I can't ever see myself getting the time to do them (around what is a 10+ hour work day).

I hit a handful of crashes and lockups that I was unable to reproduce but am sure that they'll be mopped up in time Smile All and all I am absolutely FLOORED by how well this has come out, and I think it's safe to say that this is "the latest N64 game released"!!!

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fantastic work guys, cant' even express how psyched I am to play this!

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@MRKane

Just rename your GoldenEye 100% save (if you have one for what I assume is an Everdive) To Goldfinger.

For 1964, it's as simple as renaming a file so that "GOLDENEYE-usa.eep" becomes "GOLDFINGER-usa.eep".

100% GE saves are included with the Carnivorous build of 1964. Speaking of so, here's the settings that work for Goldfinger 64 for that 1964 build. (Maybe you can add this setup, and the saves in the next build of your amazing emulator, Carnivorous?)

As for crashes, the only major one I've had was in Airport. Some of them softlock on load (Has happened the most consistently on the first level. It may be overclocking forcing the game loading so much faster than console), but a simple restart is enough to fix it.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

By the way, on Goldfinger 64's Goldeneyevault page (http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=349) there's a minor mistake in the Everdrive 64 related text. Where it says:

Everdrive 64:
Add to ED64\save\save_db.txt for proper detection (or force to 4Kbit save)
GF=1

there should not be a \save\ in the above text, as the save_db.txt file resides directly in the \ED64\ folder, so it should say:

Add to ED64\save_db.txt for proper detection (or force to 4Kbit save)

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks I fixed text.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hey guys i LOVE THIS MOD! I LOVED! and... THIS MOD WORKS IN MY WII USING NOT64!!!

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What a welcome surprise for me after a week of no electricity repair after blasted Hurricane Irmy ={

What does the xpack do ? Higher framerate ? Faster loads ? Does she acknowledge when you've got one ?

I'm going to play Goldfinger on my outdoor tube TV tonight , so stunned @ all your amazing work crew !!!

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mistamontiel wrote:
What does the xpack do ? Higher framerate ? Faster loads ? Does she acknowledge when you've got one ?

The game knows if there's an Expansion Pak installed. It won't let you play the game if you don't have it.

It allows us to add more content to the levels (longer music, more textures, more props and more polygons on screen), so it actually lowers framerate and makes loading times longer. Razz

The first level takes a while to load (like 30 secs).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: