ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Goldfinger 64 Released!!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Goldfinger 64 Released!!!! Reply with quote Back to top

By:SubDrag, Trevor, Sogun, Zoinkity, Wreck, Dragonsbrethren, MRKane, 00action, Cyberen, Monkeyface, Kyle, Zmg88, Garabuyo, Comet, Stolen Textures, Spinout, ShiftClick

After two long decades and celebrating the 53rd anniversary of the movie, British secret agent James Bond makes his triumphant return to the Nintendo 64! His mission; to gather intelligence on a wealthy entrepeneur named Auric Goldfinger. The investigation will take 007 around the globe and back again, in twenty brand new levels that faithfully recreate the film, as well as previous entries into the series as bonus material. Tour the famous Fontainebleau Hotel in Miami, drive through the Alps in a classic Aston Martin, sneak inside a shady export company compound in Mexico, and shoot your way into the gold rich vaults of Fort Knox using a vast arsenal of weaponry. Mow down the enemy like a true gangster with the Thompson machine gun, use stealth at a distance with the AR-7 sniper rifle, or ramp up the fire power with a devastating RPG launcher. And once you've foiled Goldfinger's plans to dominate the world's bullion market, sharpen your skills against friends (or foes!) in multiplayer mode. With eleven maps to compete in, a wide range of weapon loadouts, and a comprehensive character roster to choose from, you'll soon be finding yourself crammed back on the couch again in split-screen fever. A completely original musical score accompanies every stage, and due to the inclusion of the Expansion Pak, are lengthier than previously possible. This memory expanding device allows Goldfinger 64 to go farther than the original game it was built upon. A greater amount of image textures can be loaded into a level at one time, mission setups filled with even more content, and maps larger than ever before. This fan-made sequel to GoldenEye 007 aims to bring players an exciting experience, while representing perhaps the most beloved Bond film of all time with much due respect. So if you think you're up to the task of putting an end to Operation Grand Slam, grab your controller and pull up a chair. It's about time Bond was back on the job.

(promotional material and text by Wreck)

http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=349

Also, some amazing box art created by Wreck as well:

Last edited by SubDrag on Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:38 am; edited 2 times in total

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow. What a surprise. Very excited. The team must be so happy...and I am too because I'll try this immediately.

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jeez I didn't know this was still being worked on, what a surprise. I can't wait to play this. Very Happy

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a lame walkthrough of Prison on Agent taken on a really slow PC.
https://youtu.be/dbyuFRksztg

goldengreg007
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, really excited to play this. I saw the video Zoinkity posted and thought maybe there was a small demo available but didn't expect a full game. Way to go guys!

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Omg you really went crazy with the geometry. There's a lot of rooms full of props. Really prove that an open world more ambitious than Body Harvest could have been on the N64. The levels are huge.

This is something that tries realistic envirronments like no games did. It's true that it pushes the machine and the engine where no one before did. Exciting. I'm at the 5th mission.

I really like the feeling and sound of weapons. There has been lots of work behind them. Also, nice use of envmap, give a better result on the walther than goldeneye.

MRKane

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm thrilled to see this out! Now all I need to do is hijack a PC at work to apply the patch! Then I think I'll take a few days off work...

Top stuff everyone, it's been a mammoth undertaking by the looks of it!!!

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AL64inthedark wrote:
Omg you really went crazy with the geometry. There's a lot of rooms full of props.

haha great arnt they Smile

AL64inthedark wrote:
This is something that tries realistic envirronments like no games did. It's true that it pushes the machine and the engine where no one before did. Exciting. I'm at the 5th mission.

We tried Wink

AL64inthedark wrote:
There has been lots of work behind them. Also, nice use of envmap, give a better result on the walther than goldeneye.

Thank you Smile
Guns still actually have some BSP(Binary Seperating Plane, sorts front fom back so avoid "overdraw") work to do on them, but you probably wont notice unless you look closly.
I guess its back to work hahaha.

Trev

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow! Congratulations to the whole team on this very surprising release! This project has been in the works for so long, I almost can't believe it's finally playable now. It was very interesting to read about the whole progress on goldeneyevault too, and it really makes me respect all the hard work that went into this even more.
I can't wait to start playing Smile

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow!

I'm currently working away from home (34 miles, as the crow flies) and even though I'm off for the weekends, I wasn't going to go home. But I am now, so I can pick up my N64!

It's a good thing the trains aren't on strike!

Thanks for much for this!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@SubDrag
This took me by surprise! You mentioned your plan was to release it on the 17th to match de movie anniversary, heh. Razz

Unfortunately I couldn't work very much in Alps during last few days. I was going to do a final push this weeken. Not sure from when your last files for Alps are, but sadly there hasn't been much progress from my part in the last coupleof years. Crying or Very sad

Anyway congratulations for the release !!! Very Happy
It was hard to keep pushing back the release date and not being able to answer to the fans expectations. Now they have a lot of content to play with and can give us feedback in order to improve to final game.

EDIT: I just read the long description in vault and you credited me as creator of missions 6 and 7 when those are yours! And franqtly, mission 6 is one of the best-looking in the game.

@AL64inthedark
Yeah, we went a little overboard with polycount in many areas, heh. That's because most of the game happens outdoors and also because we tried to replicate the scenes from the movie as faithful as possible. Also, the inclusion of the Expansion Pak allows us to add more props than ever, so we explioted that.

As for a personal note.
I'm very sad that the Alps map hasn't benn finished after all these years. I had so many ideas for that map. It's very ambitious.
The mission is very simple, so I wanted to add a lot of extra content to this gigantic map.
The background isn't yet finished and textures are just placeholders. So expect it to feel like a totally different level when it's done!

On the other hand I'm very proud of my other too levels: Cartel and Bodega.
Being the first two missions I was a little concerned they won't be very good and players would be dissapointed, stop playing the mod and miss all the other amazing levels the team has done.
But I think I did a very good job with level design, replicating the backgrounds from the movie and expanding them to cohesive and interesting missions.

I also helped Garabuyo in the making of the Steelmill multiplayer map, giving him advise about the layout and making the lighting and fogging. Emulators don't make justice to this map, playing it on console is suffocating!

HackBond

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh man I can't believe it's finally released. I'm going to download this as soon as I can.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun,
Cartel and Bodega Amaze me. I love the detail, hahaha they take 30 secs to load, but I love them and how you have the streets visible in both maps.

I cant wait to see finished Alps, and hopefully you cant wait to see final airport and plane. There is one other level, but that's hush-hush.

What surprises me is that throughout the process we never had group chats. Not that I explicitly requested:P

I am going to miss the project once it really is finished.

Trev

PenumbraSix
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Major props to the dev team for this project, as it is trully remarkable work! I'm having a lot of fun going through this thing at the moment!
I've noticed a few issues here and there, I don't know if it's emulator related whatsoever, but nothing gaming breaking. Is a patched release planned? Smile

AL64inthedark wrote:
I'm at the 5th mission.

Would love to know how you beat the 4th one! I can't find those darn shipment records and the gold stack! Surprised

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Records are on the top floor of that hangar where lots of trucks are in.
Gold is hidden inside red cargo boxes that can be open. There's a lot of them on the boat.

Now I'm stuck on a golf club, it says I have to slap richardson but if I do it's mission failed. If you wait, he runs and it's failed too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: