ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Goldfinger 64 Released!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone else having problems getting this to run on their ED64, when I go to click on a folder for a new game the ROM crashes. Already have it set to EEP4K and it still doesn't work.

Anyone mind PM'ing me a working ROM?

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Strange. Never heard anyone having that. Did you gave it another try at patching Goldeneye just to be sure ?

Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats on your first major collaborative project everyone, and especially you Subby Wubby! I just finished playing through each level as far as I could get on 00. The technical achievements required to get this done are quite respectable.

I thought China, Prison, and Crab Key had some pretty good moments between them. All of them had a few things I wouldn't call stellar, like "disarming" the trap on the door in Crab Key, but they had some good moments to make up for them.

Most of my major complaints have already been shared in this thread so I don't see the need to do a full write-up unless you really want one. I'm sure you guys will figure out a better workflow and design process at some point in the future! This is your first game project, it's going to have its share of flaws, what's important is that you learn from them and take that into your next project.

I see a future for this team, and I can't wait to try out your next full conversion mod!

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I kinda like that part in Crab Key. I prefer that than slowly looking at the watch to select a gadget. It's faster. What annoys me in the mission are the tube section. They are way too long. And they had to have the slowest door ever...and lot of them.

Everything else on that mission is very good. One of my favorite custom mission ever. But just because of the lenght of those boring tube section, I won't replay it as often as I'd like. I have to take a look at that, but target is 5:34. How much time you pass yawning inside the tubes ?

Beside this, I already played countless hours, and had memorable moments. I think on hardware, the difficulty is very nicely set. As for PD and GE, the game gets better with more difficulty. Once you know the map I realised it's closer to the original games that I thought. Sometimes for the better like bodega, sometimes scales are too big, like Grounds, which is the mission I hate the most. Ranch also, the objective to meet the FBI agent...You just spend 40 seconds running in a quite ugly setting. There's nothing to please the eye. You run. there's fog. Floor is flat. Nothing to see.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, patched it on a .z64 instead of a .n64 and it worked or it could have been the whole GF=1 thing as it crashes whenever clicking on a folder/creating a save file which wouldn't have worked without adding GF.

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had a LOT of problems getting the game to work on the Everdrive, although I think most of them were due to mis-labelled ROMS that I was grabbing. z64 format was the winner for me, and make sure you use the setup editor as other xdelta patching software isn't quite so discerning!

And on top of that I needed a few restarts before it started saving (just to add to the fun!).

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have to agree that the first level does feel a little like it's set in a void, with the black sky and the black ground. A very dark blue sky, with maybe a few stars to help navigation would be much better, and maybe make the ground either wholly visible, or partly.

It is atmospheric, though.

The Renegadist wrote:
Yeah, patched it on a .z64 instead of a .n64 and it worked or it could have been the whole GF=1 thing as it crashes whenever clicking on a folder/creating a save file which wouldn't have worked without adding GF.

Did you get the game working OK? If not, then pm me.

Graslu
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if this was reported earlier, but there seems to be a major issue with the red containers on Shipyard. You're able to get out of bounds from the map and crash the console. I didn't get this while playing on emulator, but today on my new EverDrive-64 I was able to recreate this multiple times on different containers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ95F1aMQ80
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8joVaBzD0EI

Sorry for the poor quality, but I couldn't be bothered on setting up my capture card for this.

So far I only got to the Alps mission on emulator and Shipyard on ED64 as I wasn't able to play much of it until yesterday. My feedback to it is mostly what most people already said, a lot of the objectives and maps can be confusing and maze-like until you finally find out what to do and then you can go through properly. I know GE64 was a bit like this at the start, but I don't think it was this maze-like.
I really like the new guns and they mostly feel great to shoot, their accuracy may be a bit low at times though and seems like on emulator AI can't shoot at you properly.

I'll most likely do a livestream of this soon and wait until the final patch is released until I do individual level uploads, is there any ETA on it?

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Graslu00
Discord: https://discord.gg/tksttVC

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

graslu wrote:
I don't know if this was reported earlier, but there seems to be a major issue with the red containers on Shipyard. You're able to get out of bounds from the map and crash the console.

I experienced the exact same bug on Shipyard, but this was when I was walking through the concrete tubes. It's especially likely to happen if you strafe into them. I've been able to reproduce it three times now.
Still, this seems to indicate that these sort of issues can occur around the same general area.

I have also seen this happen in Crab Key once, somewhere in the tube area. Maybe this was a one-time issue, or maybe it just means some levels are finicky about certain height differences (the bugged location in Shipyard is weirdly 'elevated' as well, right?)

Lucky enough, aside from this, I haven't found any other major bugs in the other levels so far!

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've noticed a heap of issues with the Shipyard - mostly to do with z-fighting on some of the decals or BSP objects in the world. Odds down that this is my fault for trying to push too much out of the Goldeneye engine. Sections of textures don't quite line up with where they're going, and then, as mentioned are the issues with the clipping. To top all of that off there were the spotlights, custom lighting, clipping for the whole ship, a second level exit point - she sure was a mission (and most of that was Sub - I just made the physical level!).

Potentially I just wanted too much out of that level than the engine could provide. I'd be happy to put the time in to fix it, but I'd say that Sub and the team will want a well deserved holiday after this effort!

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MRKane wrote:
I've noticed a heap of issues with the Shipyard - mostly to do with z-fighting on some of the decals or BSP objects in the world. Odds down that this is my fault for trying to push too much out of the Goldeneye engine. Sections of textures don't quite line up with where they're going, and then, as mentioned are the issues with the clipping. To top all of that off there were the spotlights, custom lighting, clipping for the whole ship, a second level exit point - she sure was a mission (and most of that was Sub - I just made the physical level!).

Potentially I just wanted too much out of that level than the engine could provide. I'd be happy to put the time in to fix it, but I'd say that Sub and the team will want a well deserved holiday after this effort!

Also noticed a few texture issues on Miami, not z-fighting but textures that didn't belong. Also noticed there's rendering issues when walking through the bar prop on Miami that causes most of the level to de-load.

Question about Airport, I get it isn't finished but the layout isn't final right? Feels more like a mining tunnel than an open airport.

Edit: Also, will you guys be releasing the beta models of the weapons we have now such as the old Garand and Carbine models?

doctornull
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is there available a list of which difficulties on which levels have the target times for the cheats?

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The musics are sooo lovely ! May I have ? USF ?

Also , I see explosions still don't occur in death replays unfortunate

EDIT: Wow ! I saw one in replay ! lol was it a chair ? I guess the fires must be after death

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

doctornull wrote:
Is there available a list of which difficulties on which levels have the target times for the cheats?

I don't have all the times, and I am not totally sure SubDrag used my recommendations for every mission, but the difficulty order remains the same as GE. It starts on Secret for Cartel, then 00 for Bodega, and Agent for Miami. It continues with that pattern, until 00 Agent for the final bonus mission.

You could start the level, abort, and check the folder to see what the target time is.

Graslu
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are there any plans to releasing a emulator-friendly patch in the future? The increased accuracy due to lower framerate on console makes AI on emulator almost never hit you while they have the proper accuracy on N64.
Aside of that, it works great on emulator.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Graslu00
Discord: https://discord.gg/tksttVC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: