ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Master Control Menu Built-In Game Menu (Patch)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Master Control Menu Built-In Game Menu (Patch) Reply with quote Back to top

Hey there folks, I've got a little mini-release here for you. I've wanted to implement the hidden options into the MCM menu for a while but I found the native menu quite cumbersome, and what's better than a nice looking UI? So I went a different route, perhaps to see to which extent I could go with my hacking abilities, and to better them.

Since the intention was to make this backup compatible for console, I debugged this consistently through the EverDrive. The debug crash handler was super helpful in telling me where some flaws were (I bet you Rare didn't think a third party would need to utilize it in the future.)

You can access it by going to Options -> Display. Swipe right, it will be there in both levels and in the institute.

DOWNLOAD LINK
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ji1hc0cdhyvwsa1/ac67_mcm_ig_11192017_5_final.7z

Apply the XDELTA on a 6.4 BETA ROM, more specifically perfect_dark_ntsc_debug.v64 from the release, through the Goldeneye Setup Editor. Tools -> XDELTA Patching -> Apply XDELTA Patch (Any Game)

Console Image

Last edited by acceptable67 on Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:44 pm; edited 7 times in total

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Absolutely glorious.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you very much for this Acceptable 67 patch. everything is now more comfortable to access these options. I think there are some things missing from the menu mcm in the ROM PD.6.4 BETA. Can you explain what they do and how are these options used?

-actor position
-props

by the way I see how you have managed to put the master menu in a new window. can you create new windows for the rom Perfect Dark (U) (V1.1) [!]? this would be quite interesting to be able to expand the amount of cheats that a normal rom brings by default. in GE-X it would be very good to be able to expand the amount of cheats and access them through a new window. this new window would be interesting to put it in the menu of cheats being able to access it by pressing right.

this may not go in this thread. but how many PD versions are known to exist? I think I once saw a YouTube video of someone who was playing with a PD Rom with guard pain animations similar to the GE animations. I suppose this rom must be earlier than the PD.6.4 BETA version. That video must be in one of the threads that speak of this rom which now I find hard to find.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SATURN_81 wrote:
Thank you very much for this Acceptable 67 patch. everything is now more comfortable to access these options. I think there are some things missing from the menu mcm in the ROM PD.6.4 BETA. Can you explain what they do and how are these options used?

Yep, actor position details X / Y coordinates as well as Room ID that the player is standing in, as well as direction facing. Props toggles the appearance of objects and players throughout the game.

New windows can be created for all versions of PD. It's a little too expansive though, which can explain why it's not included in the editor. I've attempted to make windows from scratch but not had much luck, so I generally overwrite an existing one if doing menu changes. Usually pick a menu that is rarely accessed in the game and is insignificant.

Existing versions are PD Beta PAL, PD Beta NTSC, PD NTSC 1.0, PD NTSC 1.1, PD JPN, PD PAL. The video you saw was indeed a version much, much earlier than 6.4. In fact, most likely two years before this Beta build that we have now.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Amazing hacking job. Love it.

What video are you guys talking about ?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice work, good creativity! Heh that mcm is a pain in both games to view.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well this is the video I was referring to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR5Jcf6oIoA

As you can see in the video, the first guard uses a GE death animation. there are some other differences that can be noticed, for example changes in some voices and in some dialogues of the guards. the interface of the ammunition is also different. It also sounds a strange noise every time Jo approaches certain objects, weapons and ammunition. The KF7-Avenger uses a different sound. I get the feeling that this rom is much more fluid in terms of FPS.

and this is the thread where I found the video:

http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=5894&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: