ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Fixing old Goldeneye hacks?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good job on fixing these old hacks to run on the console, Wreck! It certainly seems like you are thoroughly enjoying yourself. Smile Glad to see you working on Soguns Rainforest map. It's a goodun!

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck just curious any chance this fixed up blockfort map can be ported over to GE-X VR in the future?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, I was hoping that someone might be able to recreate a more accurate to Mario Kart 64 Block Fort map. Not that Cyberen's isn't good, because it is, but it doesn't look as much like the original as it could.

http://www.thealmightyguru.com/Wiki/images/9/96/Mario_Kart_64_-_N64_-_Map_-_Battle_-_Block_Fort.png

I have some minor texturing to fix up in the Counterstrike map pack, but from the testing I have been doing, it has become very stable. I'm not saying there can't be crashing, although I have not run into any myself recently.

I will try to send what I have done over to SubDrag over the weekend.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finished up the Counterstrike patch updating. Fingers crossed that I got everything. It may require some further testing once released. And if you spot any remaining texturing issues (stretched out or squished), please let me know. I fixed up as many as I could find, and even upgraded the pools in Pool Day. It was a great pack by Monkeyface, and deserved the extra attention to get it looking and running better.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Amazing may I redownload Monkeyface's Counterstrike? I thought was stable enough since the last rework Exclamation

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll let everybody know as soon as I have sent the updates off to SubDrag and he's confirmed they've been uploaded. I should be able to fire some off tomorrow.

I've redone the memory allocations for each level, and updated the setup files, which has helped the loading process. It used to crash every so often starting up matches, and Dust2Long had a bad spawn point that would kill it. The maps themselves could definitely benefit from optimization, as there are a lot of polygons constructing them. But, should that happen, it won't be for a good while.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tried to look at Dish Destruction, but not only can I not get the level to load via emulation, but I can't even save out which mp setup file I think it is. Now, it is possible that the IPS patch needs to be applied to a byteswapped ROM, so I will give that a go.

I am in the process of updating BMW's Streets Multiplayer. There was something incredibly odd going on with each of the three white cars. A wall monitor object, set as a 03 Standard type, was placed within them. I have zero idea as to the purpose, so maybe BMW can chime in on that if he sees this. I was also surprised that there was a KF7 and Rocket Launcher in your starting inventory...

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Actually, I was hoping that someone might be able to recreate a more accurate to Mario Kart 64 Block Fort map. Not that Cyberen's isn't good, because it is, but it doesn't look as much like the original as it could.

http://www.thealmightyguru.com/Wiki/images/9/96/Mario_Kart_64_-_N64_-_Map_-_Battle_-_Block_Fort.png

Hopefully someone can recreate Block Fort so this way it can be put in GE-X in the future. Last I remember someone pointing out how the sky looked very artificial and boxed in. I think the texture designs do look different from the original Mario Kart 64 game as you pointed out.
Cyberen's Block Forthttp://www.goldeneyevault.com/files/multi/BlockFort[Cyberen]/image.jpg
Original Mario Kart 64 version

I noticed how the ground in the original is not supposed to be "grass" like Cyberen's is. Also the texture designs on the different colored blocks are different in the original than Cyberen's version.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alrighty, Streets MP is console friendly. There were two null portals in the BG that were tripping things up. I've included proper new skies, level photo and names. I also figured out what those wall monitors inside the cars were for: gas tanks. If you fired at abouts where the gas tank would be, with a penetrating weapon, there would be a small explosion. This would then blow up the car... unless it didn't. There's a good chance it wouldn't, since so much is going on in multiplayer. It was a really nifty idea, for sure. It just doesn't always do the intended task. The object type used would also probably act up on console, and would need altering.

Edit: I tried changing the "gas tanks" to be blotters (same idea as screen; thin, one sided, two polygons), but there is still an inconsistency in blowing up and destroying the car it belongs to. In fact, shooting it with an RC-P90 at full speed, results in it breaking, but not exploding. It's a great concept, but the game finds ways to screw it up. And unless players know up front about this feature, it will be totally overlooked.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice, finally got back into testing hacks today so it would be awesome if all of these fixes could be uploaded today since I'm on a roll. If not, oh well.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I will send what I have %100 finished later tonight, sometime after Wrestlemania. Anything that I am still tinkering with will need to wait on a bit longer.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can't wait!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've just fired off ten zip files to SubDrag, for the following levels / packs...

Almond Temple, by Cyberen
Block Fort, by Cyberen
Block Fort Upside-Down, by Cyberen
Chaos, by TimEh
Counterstrike Pack, by Monkeyface
Cuba Multi, by 00dark
Donut Land, by Eternally Aries
Fort Plastro, by Johnny Thunder
Rainforest, by Sogun
Testing Area, by GolfMan25

I need to confirm something I did to Compound hasn't broken a feature Entropy Soldier included to prevent players from shooting through certain floors. Streets should also be pretty much done, though I would like to talk with BMW about some things before finalizing. Paradox still needs some minor tweaking.

Edit: SubDrag has uploaded those ones, so they are ready to be played at any time now. Just be sure that the readme text file included in the zip mentions that it's been edited, or else it is the older version. You can see what's been changed there, or on the Vault download page.

sfGBCG
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe this was discussed already, but on BMW's Library Mission, in the first basement room and the room with the rocket launcher guards, if you aim at the pink test tube and fire (or even an explosion), the game freezes.
This happens on both versions. (Unflipped and backup unflipped)
It'll be nice to see a fix for that, even if it's minor.

Last edited by sfGBCG on Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sfGBCG wrote:
Maybe this was discussed already, but on BMW's Library Mission, in the first basement room and the room with the rocket launcher guards, if you aim at the pink test tube and fire (or even an explosion), the game freezes.
This happens on both versions. (Unflipped and backup unflipped)
It'll be nice to see a fix for that, even if it's minor.

Sounds like a similar issue that we had with glass beakers on Wreck's Training hack.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 9 of 18

Jump to: