ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Fixing old Goldeneye hacks?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've sent those two files off to Sub to upload. I am hoping that was all it was, and that these ones should be fixed.

I managed to get Volcano Lair running on console. Still testing some things out on it.

Edit: Volcano Lair has been fixed up. The primary issue was what appeared to be a copied Engine Room block from Frigate, which was linking to a non existent pad. That was killing console on load. I just picked a pad in the middle of the spiral ramp. You can hear the engine in various locations. Also had some bad guard held key bitflags, which would have crashed it. You can check the readme for more details once it has been updated on Vault.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alrighty, SubDrag has updated all three downloads...

Missile Facility
Severnaya Bunker 2
Volcano Lair

I will continue to poke at the others on your list. The less orange on there, the better.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Absolutely phenomenal! I also need to give all the problematic Multi hacks another go now that I know that .ips doesn't work well with non-byteswapped ROMs, at least on console.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've nearly got "Error" done now. While I hate doing this sort of thing, there was far too much variety in this mission, so I altered a few things. It is still having texture memory issues, but I don't want to change much else. It's mainly been cosmetic, like swapping the lab table for the wooden one, keeping the wooden crates all one style, switching the red car for a disabled jeep, etc. I also switched the helicopter, which could only be seen slightly from directly underneath the grating, to loosen up texture space. Also, the Siberian Special Forces are now parka guards. There were not many of them to begin with, and there are various different models already in use.

Anyway, it just needs one more thing sorted, I think. The mission "Code Red" was a similar case, and is also near completion.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Error should be fixed. The primary offender was the use of 068 window glass as a door. I think because of its lack of depth, it was crashing on console. I switched it to the one used in Aztec and Egypt, which did the trick, only to realize later that the door was completely unused, in an inaccessible area. Needless to say, I deleted it. Was some strange unused floppy disc sitting in a room, too. This mission won't look exactly the same, but should play it. I updated some other stuff, which will be listed in the readme once it has been uploaded. I will keep the original patch in the zip, as the changes can be considered drastic enough to warrant having both.

Think I will look at the Complex by Timothy1979 next.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You madman!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

At first glance, Complex may just be memory overload. He had a numerical crap ton of pads and objects in this mission. If that is the case, there isn't much to do other than just start selectively deleting stuff...

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Damn, I hope there's a few minor things we can remove that will not only fix it but not alter the original design of the ROM hack too much. If not then we can leave it orange, won't be the end of the world if we don't have perfect compatibility.

Also, do you know if any of these hacks you've fixed so far are using the 8mb expansion patch?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So far, best I can get for Complex by Timothy1979, is for it not to crash during load, but also not to get past the black screen with music playing, either. I'm not certain that it is any one specific issue, though I do know it seemed the security cameras were some kind of tipping point. Reason may have been the pads being used as the focus view point for them, often being in different areas of the map. Deleting them helped, and updating the focus pads did so, too. But, it still is not enough...

Nothing has used the 8mb expansion, but I am wondering if this Complex may need it. I have made other simple fixes to the setup, such as the doors disappearing when open in certain rooms.

Edit: Success! I tried it out on PJ64 to see how the fixes went, and it was doing the same hanging thing there. I reloaded my first build using the original files included in the zip folder. It loaded fine. So, I copied those memory allocation values to my newest ROM, and voila. Guess maybe my new ones were too high. Anyway, it's working on console now, but you definitely need to include a note about experiencing heavy lag in some areas, especially where multiple characters are located. Setting off an alarm will only worsen that. One more down.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
So far, best I can get for Complex by Timothy1979, is for it not to crash during load, but also not to get past the black screen with music playing, either. I'm not certain that it is any one specific issue, though I do know it seemed the security cameras were some kind of tipping point. Reason may have been the pads being used as the focus view point for them, often being in different areas of the map. Deleting them helped, and updating the focus pads did so, too. But, it still is not enough...

Nothing has used the 8mb expansion, but I am wondering if this Complex may need it. I have made other simple fixes to the setup, such as the doors disappearing when open in certain rooms.

Edit: Success! I tried it out on PJ64 to see how the fixes went, and it was doing the same hanging thing there. I reloaded my first build using the original files included in the zip folder. It loaded fine. So, I copied those memory allocation values to my newest ROM, and voila. Guess maybe my new ones were too high. Anyway, it's working on console now, but you definitely need to include a note about experiencing heavy lag in some areas, especially where multiple characters are located. Setting off an alarm will only worsen that. One more down.

Right on, just happy to know that it works despite having lag issues.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Infiltration fixed. Something was off in the intro swirl camera, so I swapped it out with the one from Statue. Was a crash worthy issue with the key rename, as well. Not sure if people will applaud or boo my decision to decrease guard armour by 25%, but it was excessive to the point where I couldn't beat it on Agent. I understand trying to make things difficult, but in an open area where AR33 totting enemies can pot shot you from long distance, and your bullets seem to only tickle them, it's just irritating. Factor in the lag that occurs, and the wall begins to look like a nice target for your controller to smash into.

I finally got into the control building on Secret (with the lesser armour), and found myself locked inside. I changed that door to a one-way lock to prevent this from ever happening to anyone else again. Have not retried the mission since then...

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interesing

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If I can stay awake enough I'm going to go back and re-test a bunch of Multi hacks now that I know the .ips's require byteswapped ROMs. Got 20 to test and hopefully they'll all work now.

If not tonight then tomorrow for sure along with a bunch of fixed Solo hacks if SubDrag has the time to upload them.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A mod should be fixed is Alfredo Lamberra Level Holodrum Forest and Custom mod By Rey & Ami Volcano

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nevermind, all of the Multi's still crash. Bummer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 4 of 18

Jump to: