ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Fixing old Goldeneye hacks?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's disappointing. I'd have hoped at least a couple would have ended up working. I'll eventually get around to testing those.

Missile Facility, Severnaya Bunker 2, and Volcano Lair should all be updated on Vault. Just make sure the readme that comes in the zip mentions edits. If not, than the zip needs replacing. I will have three more sent off to Sub later tonight, so hopefully he can get them updated tomorrow.

Edit: Files sent.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Error...
http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=317

Infiltration...
http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=275

Complex...
http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=77

Just be sure the readme inside mentions edits, or else the zip may be old. Also, Error contains both the original and updated patches. The update works on console.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kaientai Basement is fixed. This was an odd one. I tried just about everything. Removed the action blocks, deleted the objectives, made it barebones, erased all objects, cut out the path network, replaced the background and clipping... Still, it kept crashing. My only possible idea left was to try it on another slot. I went from Control to Facility. Fortunately enough, that was the issue. Must be some sort of special hardcode for Control that was conflicting with Library. I rebuilt the ROM from scratch, so hopefully I did not miss anything (like a texture).

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's odd, I'm not aware of any hardcodings for Control. But I've had some issues with Depot reported by Coockie1173 - making the silo containers visible doesn't work, but I think it may on another level slot. I am not quite sure what's gone on...maybe some sort of alignment of how allocations file.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It was really very odd, the Kaientai Basement. You could enter the room (biggest area with all the pillars) if you looked toward a wall. You can even walk around most of it, seeing the props. But for whatever reason, once your view gets more centered into the area, it crashes. It might not be that room itself, but perhaps an overhead room seen through the grate. Once I switched to the Facility slot / ID, it was fine.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

God I hate the scientists on Timothy's Complex level, it's a very well designed level but having scientists with guard AI means they chase you around and end up blocking the way and the only way to fix that is to kill them which ends up losing the mission. Played a good half an hour being as careful as possible only to fail because I had to kill a scientist. Goddamn I hate that hack due to that.

Ranting aside, the mission ended up working 100% other then the lag. Error however is giving me issues, once you meet up with Leone and he runs off after his quick conversation his objective fails if he goes out of the player's sight. So there's no way to beat the mission because you will always fail the first objective.

I've also re-tested every Multi hack using the byteswapped ROM and 10 turned out working just fine. The rest still crash.

Will be testing the rest of the hacks tonight and tomorrow.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, right. I was going to mention about those scientists being pricks, but forgot about it. Very annoying, and can really screw you over at times.

I can look into that Error... error. I didn't seem to run into it before, but I wonder if I may have introduced it myself when I added a block to test if Leone was killed, to fail the objective. Quite possible. (Edit: I added an extra check for this, and it appears to have helped).

Glad to hear at least some more of the multiplayer maps do run. Shortens the list for future testing.

I believe I have fixed Runway Takedown. I recalled people mentioning that you need around 3x 03 action blocks in a row when going into a scene. I added them here, and it played the ending fine (for Agent and 00 Agent, which are different). Also fixed a watch crash and other minor things.

Edit: Seems I jumped the gun. I retested it again with what I thought were final edits, and it crashed on me. Code Red is in the same boat. Wonder what I need to do to actually fix these...

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, I hope I've got it right this time. After altering the ending quite a bit, it seems to work properly for all agent difficulties. Not sure if the Agent ending is quite right, as now it shows a ton of spawned guards running toward where Bond would be while an alarm sounds. 00 Agent simply shows the planes blowing up. Each one fades out without needing to press a button to exit.

Maybe I can do something similar for Code Red tomorrow.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Following were just fired off to SubDrag...

Code Red
Error (objective fix)
Kaientai Basement
Runway Takedown

I spent far too much time on Code Red. Way too much. I also kept the original IPS patch in the zip, since some of my edits changed the flow and feel of it. Such as less doors / glass, and lower health on the beefed up scientists (which are still overpowered). I'd suggest only playing that one to view the differences. The update is console friendly, and fixes various things throughout.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Had an epiphany today, so far I've been playing all these ROM hacks normally which would end up in me dying in the harder hacks. Just today realized that I could have been activating the Invicincibility cheat this whole time since I'm mainly playing them to see if they work.

/facepalm

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, I've had to unlock cheats during some testing to either speed things up, or help get through some of the tougher levels. Cheats are not unlocked in the patches, though. Unless the original author had done so.

Just finished with the PD mission G5 Base. Couple crashing issues there. No briefing was written, and defaulted to the wrong text bank. That's what was killing it when selecting on console. I wrote a brand new briefing for it (guessing on the story, but I seem to have changed it from playing as Trent to Joanna, which changes zero as far as gameplay goes). The autoguns also had no focus pad, which crashes. Strangely, they were set to only load on Agent mode, but were an objective for all difficulties. I reversed that, so they are only on Special and up.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Infiltration still crashes before control is given to the player even after downloading 1.1.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, it shouldn't be. Does the readme mention edit notes? I make sure to test it out on console as I keep making edits. Now either I somehow generated the patch using the wrong build of the ROM, or else it wasn't replaced on Vault.

I found the error in dD Warehouse mission, but won't get around to correcting it today.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, no it does not. That would explain it.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There was a typo in the zip name, it's corrected now if you want to try again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 5 of 18

Jump to: