ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Fixing old Goldeneye hacks?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sent the following three off to SubDrag a moment ago...

Abandoned Streets, by Rey
Alfredo Lamberra, by SilverEye
Guard Station, by Rey and Ami

Make sure to check the included readme files to see if they mention edit notes. If not, than it was not replaced yet. Sub has been putting a version number in the title (1.1, etc.) whenever he updates them.

Edit: Japanese Facility in progress. The crasher was the rocket launcher prop you needed to take a photo of. I tried altering it a few times, but ended up having to change it into a missile in rack. I'm tweaking a few other details, though it should not be too long before I call it done.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just saw that Subdrag updated those three hacks, going to test tomorrow.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So Dam Island has to do with the Warp action block. Question is; are there any other patches released that have utilized moving Bond from one place to another that do work on console? I have added fades, multiple 03 actions in a row, and it is continuing to fail. Just wondering if this has been successful elsewhere?

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This should work.
Code:
ED
D5 camera
D9 move bond
D3

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks! A very minor tweak to my modified action block and it's working. I don't know if it was hiding the first-person display, or some extra 03s, but the warp is functioning properly each way. This should take us down to only three mission based patches that have unavoidable crashes on console. Smile

Edit: Japanese Facility and Dam Island sent to SubDrag.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EternallyAries wrote:
I'm quite surprise the majority of my multiplayer maps work flawlessly. But I do question why Cargo Ship and Donut Land won't load. Non the less those maps were pretty dang awful compared to other multiplayer maps.

For the Antenna Cradle and Antenna Cradle Source, not much can be said about Source on my end since I've vastly changed up quite a bit to make Antenna Cradle load in general.

As for your issue, the reason why you're experiencing such a weird graphical effect on hardware is because of how far I set the fog. Sogun pointed this out to me when he tested this on actual hardware. I've not done much with Goldeneye editing since 2013 or 2014 to my knowledge, but I may fix up my older maps to run on actual hardware a bit smoother and for Antenna Cradle sakes actually working on console.

That is if I can make the time to go back and mod the game again, I'll leave what Sogun sent on an old post about how to fix the fog for Antenna Cradle so it will be playable on consoles.

Edit: I forgot to also mention Sogun did provide a video that the level actually runs on consoles with those exact fog settings. If you're interested, I'll link it here below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWTU1PzxjQM&feature=youtu.be

I'd also like to point out that EternallyAries posted info for a fix based on fog that I guess makes it work on console so that might save you some leg work. Would be cool to get both the Naked and regular version of Antenna Cradle Source going.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I remembered running into the exact same issue once during my own testing, and discussing the issue with (I believe) SubDag and Trevor. Sogun also chimed in, if memory serves me right. But thanks for posting that info. Hopefully it won't be hard to fix, and still look good and perform decently on console.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Hopefully it won't be hard to fix, and still look good and perform decently on console.

I hope so because that video Sogun posted was a lag fest towards the middle of the map which is understandable considering the detail being added.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Abandoned streets is bugged, I've collected both keys in the level but the second door doesn't open. I think if you collect the keys in a certain order they do this.

Same goes for one of the levels in Alfredo Lamberra, in one of the HOTH levels you get the keycard you need but it won't let you open the correct door. I only got it to open because I grabbed things in a certain order which I can't recall said order.

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I mean considering what the list had prior to seeing mods being fixed up. The solo section has very few left to go. The multiplayer is still where the problems lie.

Holodrum Forest from the Alfredo Lamberra mod is fixed. Were some crashing issues, as well as softlocks. Mainly the doors there. Not only would they crash console (the security ones), but the locks could prevent you from completing objectives or reaching the ending. Hopefully I got everything. And due to the very high difficulty (many guards with dual RC-P90 or even an RL + RC combo), I added in an extra armour, as well as only slightly reduced the super soldiers health. Was possible to run out of ammo on him, if not careful. Still is. Comments about this mod would sometimes criticize that sort of thing, so here's to helping.

Hey there Wreck, just noticed on GEVault that this old level of mine had been updated for it to work on console. Many thanks for your professional tweaking! I'm not really familiar with how hacks work/don't work on console, so the update is definitely appreciated.

In regards to difficulty: I remember being worried about this level being too hard personally, but most runs I've seen on YT made me change my mind about that a little. It's relatively easy to exploit the forest "walls" as cover, as evidenced by Graslu's excellent playthrough, to name an example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cer2EhFi38A

But I'm sure players who felt the challenge to be too overwhelming will still appreciate the extra balancing Smile

The Renegadist wrote:
Same goes for one of the levels in Alfredo Lamberra, in one of the HOTH levels you get the keycard you need but it won't let you open the correct door. I only got it to open because I grabbed things in a certain order which I can't recall said order.

I think I know what you mean. In the second Hoth (in) level, something is amiss with the objectives, if I remember correctly. You have to collect a certain item first (a small pink tube, I believe) before tackling another objective, otherwise the first collecting objective won't be set as "completed."

The doors are an entirely different beast; I originally wanted the lockdown to cause all doors on the lower level to close, but this didn't work out, and I believe some doors might accidentally close and lock the player in some very specific scenarios as a result of messy action blocks. I haven't seen this being reproduced in any other playthroughs on YT, but it is something I ought to look into.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Abandoned Streets actually has three keys. Each one opens a different wooden door. From the start, going down the left path will get you one, as will going down the right. Somebody else about halfway through the level carries the last. There are also three documents. Two of which are inside that locked building, while the last is posted outside of a building. The mission should be fully achievable, as I made sure before sending the update off to SubDrag.

SilverEye: Glad I could get it working on console. I didn't really reduce the health of the super soldier by much (think was 1200, I changed to 1000), but enough to help prevent the player from possibly running out of ammo if not being very careful. Hehe, Graslu is an incredible player, who also uses very precise mouse + keyboard controls to nail headshots on most enemies. If everyone began making custom missions based on his performance, than the average player might not be able to complete them without rage quitting and breaking a few controllers in the process. Razz

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes when he plays with emulator, it looks insane, especially since reloads are so fast in GE, it looks like he exploit the game sometimes ^^

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, ok, I'll give abandoned streets another go.

As for that mission in Alfredo Lamberra, will you be taking a look at it?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If the mission can't be beaten under normal means, but requires some sort of trick or exploit (like luring a guard), than I suppose I can take a peek at it sometime. I will need info on it, though. Points me in the right direction, at Ieast. My main concern is primarily getting mods to run on console without failing. It's only really while testing where I may put extra time in to deal with other issues. I'd rather not make it a habit, if you know where I am coming from.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
If the mission can't be beaten under normal means, but requires some sort of trick or exploit (like luring a guard), than I suppose I can take a peek at it sometime. I will need info on it, though. Points me in the right direction, at Ieast. My main concern is primarily getting mods to run on console without failing. It's only really while testing where I may put extra time in to deal with other issues. I'd rather not make it a habit, if you know where I am coming from.

Hey, I have no issues with that. You've put a ton of work in over the past few months to get these working and it's very much appreciated by me and the entire GE community! Only reason I brought it up was because we are down to the last few and I doubt this issue will come up often.

With that said I will be spending a little time trying to replicate the glitch though I have a pretty good idea of what's up. I also forgot to mention that I had a game crash/freeze when entering the escape vehicle on Abandoned Streets, I will also be seeing if this is a reoccurring issue.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 7 of 18

Jump to: