ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Fixing old Goldeneye hacks?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sometimes I end up changing the zip file name, so that could be an issue, and easy to slip by. Also could be .rar vs .zip differences. Just glad this is all being tested and fixed up as we go.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for these, mate. Will any of these make it into your all-in-one Goldeneye fan mission hack?

Also, why is this in the Goldeneye 007 forum, instead of Q-Labs?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I suppose it could be in Q-Lab, as it is in regards to mods. However, since it isn't about one specific mission, a preview of work in progress, or discussion about how to get something working, I personally feel okay having it where it is.

I don't believe any of these will be chosen for the compilation pack. At least not the missions, but possibly multiplayer. I have selected ten missions thus far, with nine already in. Once I receive updates from the level author, I will add the tenth one in.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know what is going on with the intro scene for dataDyne Warehouse - Cessation. No matter what I try, even copying what was done for Silo GE-X, it refuses to load on console. It has been kicking my ass. So, for now, I will release an update that has a simple fade into player control. The rest of the level is pretty well untouched, aside from unnoticeable stuff. I may go back and try it again, but I would like to move on for the time being.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Renegadist: I think the only ones left for you to test and confirm are Infiltration, and the two PD missions - G5 Base and Warehouse. We're certainly seeing a lot more green in that list!

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
The Renegadist: I think the only ones left for you to test and confirm are Infiltration, and the two PD missions - G5 Base and Warehouse. We're certainly seeing a lot more green in that list!

Altogether or as of late since there's still a few GE solo hacks and several Multi ones.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I mean considering what the list had prior to seeing mods being fixed up. The solo section has very few left to go. The multiplayer is still where the problems lie.

Holodrum Forest from the Alfredo Lamberra mod is fixed. Were some crashing issues, as well as softlocks. Mainly the doors there. Not only would they crash console (the security ones), but the locks could prevent you from completing objectives or reaching the ending. Hopefully I got everything. And due to the very high difficulty (many guards with dual RC-P90 or even an RL + RC combo), I added in an extra armour, as well as only slightly reduced the super soldiers health. Was possible to run out of ammo on him, if not careful. Still is. Comments about this mod would sometimes criticize that sort of thing, so here's to helping.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just finished testing all of the fixed hacks, besides lag on Infiltration all the hacks are working! One small issue I noticed is music doesn't start on G5 Base until you pause the game and un-pause.

But yeah, all the solo PD hacks are working 100%!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Guard Station should be fixed. I think the primary offender was held keycards using bitflags they shouldn't have been. Once you killed either of the guards carrying them, it crashed. I made quite a few other tweaks and updates, as well, but it is still very much the same mission. No "original" version necessary.

Ah, I am guessing OmegaCop didn't include the actions to start the music for G5 Base. If I do get around to fixing the intro for dD Warehouse, I will correct the music for that one, as well.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I don't know what is going on with the intro scene for dataDyne Warehouse - Cessation. No matter what I try, even copying what was done for Silo GE-X, it refuses to load on console. It has been kicking my ass. So, for now, I will release an update that has a simple fade into player control. The rest of the level is pretty well untouched, aside from unnoticeable stuff. I may go back and try it again, but I would like to move on for the time being.

On behalf of Jonaeru and I, thank you for the attempt at least! I've just been using a build directly before the Vault release on my ED64 that omits intro cam.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Glad I can try to get some of this user made content running on console. I'd love to be able for us to say that everything released on Vault for GE and PD works on an actual N64, but that will take time. Even then, it's possible some things won't.

I have one last idea currently for dD Warehouse intro. No clue if that's going to help.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Abandoned Streets fixed, I believe. Were two crashing issues, one of which was mentioned on Vault in the download page. If Rolland's father died, it would freeze. This was due to using text from the wrong bank. The other problem was again caused by bad bitflags on guard carried keys. If they were killed, the game would crash while attempting to drop the key. I touched up some other stuff, as well. Can see in the readme once it has been uploaded to Vault soon.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So many issues with bitflags, was documentation on them poor at the time leading to all these hacks to crash on console because of it?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd have to check, but I think by default the 04 Key object type adds Force Collisions and Fall to Ground in Editor. Typically that is what you might use should it be placed on a table. But for when it is carried by a guard, you should only have the Attached to Character one toggled. It is likely the collisions that are screwing things up as the object attempts to drop out of the character. Somehow emulators seem fine with it, but console freaks out. Anybody who makes custom missions that can only test on PC, can very easily overlook these sort of details.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, that makes sense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 6 of 18

Jump to: