ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Port Timesplitters Maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Port Timesplitters Maps Reply with quote Back to top

How come this forum doesn't give Timespitters more love? It's made by same guys that made Goldeneye and Perfect Dark.

Timesplitters 2 best multiplauyer maps were Siberia and Training Ground.

Siberia is based on Dam from Goldeneye. And it is the Dam section combined with the lower ground.

Training Ground is an exciting map with alot of cover and bunkers for fun firefights.

Just wondering if any mapmaker considered remaking these levels?

Goldeneye64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It would be really cool, if we could export the multiplayer maps/Guns/Characters/Multiplayer Type Games/Bots from TS 1+2+FP, and then import them as a patch with Goldeneye Set Up Editor for Perfect Dark.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I never liked any timesplitter games. IMHO they can't compare in any way to Perfect Dark. I stayed playing PD for so many years after its release. It's not until COD4 : Modern Warfare that I moved a bit to other FPS.

But playing in the TS maps inside PD's engine, that would be more interesting maybe to me.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Timesplitters 2 and 3 (3 is Timesplitters: Future Perfect) are fantastic games, and after PD and GE are my favourite first person shooters. Most people prefer TS2 over TS:FP, but even though I think TS2 has slightly better multiplayer, I think TS:FP has a much better single player campaign, and I prefer TS:FP over TS 2.

The games are great, with lots of challenges (like the preset challenges in Perfect Dark, but more varied), some humorous parts (rare in an action game), some really good weapons, lots of unlockables, and a great mapmaker. The mapmakers are basic, so you'll never create anything that looks beautiful or too distinctive, but they're very easy to use, enjoyable, and you can create lots of really good maps.

I don't like TS1, though, as it feels too basic and 'arcadish' to me.

AL64inthedark wrote:
I never liked any timesplitter games. IMHO they can't compare in any way to Perfect Dark. I stayed playing PD for so many years after its release. It's not until COD4 : Modern Warfare that I moved a bit to other FPS.

But playing in the TS maps inside PD's engine, that would be more interesting maybe to me.

That's strange, I think. Since the Timesplitters games are so close to GE and PD in so many ways, I'd have thought that most PD/GE fans would easily take to the TS games.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TimeSplitters, I've only played 1 and 2. I was excited for them at the time and they were just...very underwhelming, and gave me a headache playing them. It just didn't capture the magic, and were so-so. Also, it seems to me they purposefully tried to make them less like GoldenEye - there was a demo disc of TimeSplitters 2 of the Dam level, and it felt like GoldenEye. The final release they really changed it a lot and it no longer felt like it.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The one really GoldenEye thing about TimeSplitters was the aim mode...which they finally caved on in Future Perfect (probably for the best, honestly), but still left the old GE-style mode in as an option. Oh, and TS2/FP's health/armor bars, of course. TS1 was very arcadey and clearly a multiplayer game with a tacked on "story" mode. Gotta love that 60 fps out of a PS2, though!

Really I think they were by-far the best console FPSes of their era, not falling into the traps that every other game at the time was and having a decidedly old school feel. Huge amount of customization, too, it's ridiculous how many games at that time didn't even let you significantly remap your controls, while TS2 lets you customize everything.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: