ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Custom Mission Compilation...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ami
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="Entropy Soldier"]Dang nabbit boy

But..I'm a girl. Rolling Eyes
That's why we have other sites like YouTube to help spread the word. Yes still difficult but it could work. Also that is indeed just a re-skin of the Original Cradle from Rare.

Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For clarification, I think Pheonarx's missions are good and if everyone relevant wants them to be included then go for it. I was just saying I wasn't sticking them in that list as I thought the idea behind this ROM was to make a compilation of standalone missions.

Ami wrote:
Also that is indeed just a re-skin of the Original Cradle from Rare.

Dangit boy, you think I don't know that? I wouldn't stick my name behind something I didn't understand inside and out! That being said I was just throwing some ideas out there, if the relevant people feel that's not something worth including I'm sure they'll find something else.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I asked Pheonarx and here is what he had to say.
Pheonarx wrote:
I don't mind. I think Fallout would be the best fit for something like that. Fallout or Escape, but I'd have to remove the custom midi from fallout as it causes issues.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, thanks for asking. I had been thinking of at least Escape, but Fallout is another good one. We can support some custom content types (obviously), unless it could potentially cause problems with other missions (like music instruments being modified). Replacing a song that still uses normal GE instruments is fine, but if it uses up too much memory and can lead to a crash, than it may be better to swap it with something else.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've put in Complex (Wreck) and both Escape & Fallout (Pheonarx) into the ROM. Everything appears to be fine with them. Mine required some custom props be imported, which I needed to make sure would not affect any other level. The test tube had to go to a different slot, as both Island and Library used the original version. Hopefully nothing gets replaced accidentally along the way, but if so, I can most likely fix up after noticing.

If someone can ask Pheonarx which GE music tracks he would like Fallout to use in this current build, please let me know so I can update. Thanks.

That puts the compilation up to 7 missions.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
If someone can ask Pheonarx which GE music tracks he would like Fallout to use in this current build, please let me know so I can update. Thanks.

He says to use surface 2.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent. Made the change.

I've added in Grid, by Dragonsbrethren. First one to use custom textures (from ported PD map). If multiplayer is fully supported, which I am thinking it could be, it may also find its way there. Some wall textures are weird, not sure yet if is emulation graphics issue, but I know some used detail images on top? Also, one texture is showing as red X in Image Tools, but don't know if it is fine in game. Nothing jumped out right away while testing. Fixed the level folder pics, since the white border had garbage pixels originally.

Library was missing level select images, so I made them for this pack.

Anyway, that brings us to 8 now.

Edit: Well, since Facility MP was broken, I replaced it with SubDrag's Grid multi.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What about Garden, by Entropy Soldier? It is a new background, and even has a multiplayer setup included. I think it could fit in well.

Any others jumping out at anybody?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Been a while, so minor update. The tenth chosen mission is Q-Lab VR, from the Project GoldenEye mod. Connery as Bond is still making some tweaks to improve it, and I would prefer to use the latest (and best) version.

That's half the campaign thus far. I thought Satellite Control Bunker 2, by Zka, might be good. There are no Bunker mods so far, plus he used the mirrored version from a previous mod I worked on as the base. Between that, retexturing, and new door placements, it definitely stands out and feels unique.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good job so far, Wreck. I think it would be the N°1 xdelta to download for newcomers in modded GE content. Or n°2, after GF64. Anyway, must download.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Never realize this topic even existed just now. But one of my favorite missions I would love to see in this compilation would be the Complex Mission 1.1 by Timothy1979. That was my very first custom mission I played back in the day and it's still holds up high standards for me as one of the best missions made from a Multiplayer level itself. Granted, there is already a Complex mission in the list. I just feel like mentioning it since it's still pretty dang good.

Now as for Multiplayer. Some maps in the list seems pretty good. I would say adding Stadium to the list of maps would be a great addition to the collection. Another one you could add if you like is my level named Rogue Control Center.

If you do add it in, you might wanna just use the patch without the objects in the map. The one with objects does run slightly smooth due to the portals I added to the map. But it might chug on a 4 player battle. So without objects might be the good way to go for the map itself on console.

Another good one since it stands out pretty well is my Super Mario Brothers map. The only issue with it is that the textures are a bit messed up on certain areas. But the map otherwise runs flawlessly.

Also for my Cradle map, in my opinion it's pretty much enhanced version of the original Cradle. Some rooms has been changed around to make it more "Filling" instead of looking empty. It's up to you though if you want it added. But it's mostly a clone with the same objection.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

After playing / recording Storage Facility recently, I noticed how laggy some parts can be. I had the intention of seeing how I could turn this into a multiplayer map, so I checked out the level in the Visual Editor. It is quite unoptimized, probably due to Hammer. I have begun the process of cleaning it up, splitting it into more rooms, and drastically reducing the amount of polygons per room. It now performs much better. I still need to update the room display lists, then take a crack at multi version.

I may also see about updating some other custom maps that have issues with secondary architecture, such as railings and vent covers, etc. They are probably fine via emulators, but console flickers or turns these parts black.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alrighty, small update!

I have Zka's Satellite Control Bunker #2 (mirrored, retextured Bunker ii with brand new story and setup) imported and running correctly in the Compilation Pack. I fixed up a few of the minor issues (helicopter collisions, monitor flicker, locked paired doors with different lock values, some text, etc.), but did nothing to really impact the original mission. Nearly everything done was "under the hood", so to speak. I'll send him an updated patch to try soon. For now, the custom footsteps have been removed from the pack version.

Quick question, if anyone knows the answer. There are three music tracks in GoldenEye labeled "Silence" in the list. Could these be replaced by any new songs, or are they in fact used by anything? The tracks are 14, 1E and 27.

Does anyone also know if the custom song in Pheonarx's mission "Fallout" uses any modified instruments, or are all the original GE samples in tact and unchanged? Because I may be able to add it into the pack, so long as no instruments were edited or replaced.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Keep track 14. Fallout does not modify any instruments or sfx. The sound table is identical to GE.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks. I have added that to my notes, if I do need to replace a music track at some point.

Two notes on the Compilation Pack...

One: I have been updating TimEh's Island mission a bit. Mostly background related, as secondary textures had issues on console, and some room connections had holes. Also have been correcting some texturing errors (stretched and / or squished looking) a few places. I'm not optimizing it, as that would require a lot of time, and it already runs pretty well (especially interiors).

Two: There will be a new reason to play on 007 Mode. Hidden within each level will be three pieces of (yummy!) cheese. You must find them, and put a bullet in each one. Explosions will not work, so don't bother blowing up the entire map trying to get that last missing wedge. This will have zero impact on the standard difficulty modes, and will only appear on 007 setting. Unless you're playing LTK / DLTK... In which case, happy hunting! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: